Tira - What is this move?

WhatPixelYouOn

[08] Mercenary
Hi there,

I've just come off training mode after going through all (I think) of the listed moves for Tira, and one of them seems to be missing from the list, which I pulled off by accident earlier in Quick Battle. It was either a throw or a special attack (down forward, down forward, ABK thingy. I forget the name) where the opponent is knocked to the floor, she stands on/next to them and swings her drossel around her wrist, slicing the downed opponent on the chest/neck area while laughing/being happy. (I think she was in Jolly, though could be wrong)

I've never seen it in SC4, any ideas what this move is or how to do it?

Thanks for your time. :)

Hi there,

I've just come off training mode after going through all (I think) of the listed moves for Tira, and one of them seems to be missing from the list, which I pulled off by accident earlier in Quick Battle. It was either a throw or a special attack (down forward, down forward, ABK thingy. I forget the name) where the opponent is knocked to the floor, she stands on/next to them and swings her drossel around her wrist, slicing the downed opponent on the chest/neck area while laughing/being happy. (I think she was in Jolly, though could be wrong)

I've never seen it in SC4, any ideas what this move is or how to do it?
Thanks for your time. :)
It was in SCIV and just like then, it increases her health a bit

Ahh, no way! I can't believe I've never seen it before now. Do you mean the one where she does what I always thought was an alternate taunt? :P

The move is called Grim Reaper. It's a just frame move, you need to press B+K at the right time whilst in Gloomy mode for her to do it, and yeah it was in SCIV as well.

Confirm A+B works on verticals and horizontals. Apparently not on kicks though, awkward.

B+K however seems not to work on lows. So i suppose the best thing if your nervous about this is to use kicks in general to bypass this. It seems like its a poke bait ability. Great move too by the way my sieg playing friends are going to call more BS than when i AB win them with nightmare... good times to be had ahead.

Acctually I had a question about another move. The 44AA in JS. First hit goes high, Second hit goes low hitting them in the leg with the flat side of the circle. How do you get her to do the 2nd part low where it hits the legs with the flat side of the circle instead of the upper body? Whenever I try it it's always a double mid.

Oh and how do you do the knee slide?

I played someone a day or two ago, looked at the replay and turned on the input display, couldn't do it. (That's how I found out it was the 44AA) even though I was putting in the exact commands they were

@Smilax: 44A,A and 44A,2A

With B+K you can do it on Jolly and Gloomy, only when in jolly wou parry and you will switch to gloomy
The gloomy version catches almost all vertical moves, gets angry and grabs you but when get hit very often by siegs bb and eventually got knocked and stops the animation.

A+B is Gestopft Maddness (headbutt parry), catches almost all mid/high horizontals, and mid verticals ? and does no damage if you release (if you help the button ) on parry.

Ok I owe you guys a pretty crazy apology and explanation. Or at least the best i can come up with so far.

B+K in JS works on multiple hit moves like spammed AA's and the like where in GS it gets stuffed by spams and works on harder moves. Confirmed its faster, reactionary and works on nightys 88B even works on 66B. Stangely neither counters 6A. Yet AA or A JS B+K whiffs because the 2nd A is too high and GS B+K doesn't activate at all. Same for 66A. 44A however gets caught by the GS version. This makes it a move by move basis? Or do you guys have any info on exactly what triggers this?

Essentially JS B+K takes two hits to activate while GS B+K takes one, but the one can be stronger. And the capture frames for it are sooner.

However there is no actual relation i can find behind horizontals vs verticals for either one since both seem to be ambiguously mixed into the bag. One does seem to favor the other JS horizontal / GS vertical but at the same time the rapid attack / single attack are there as well. Makes you wonder. Anyway this is all my new findings.

Back