3. AA
4. BB
5. A+B
6. 22_88 A
7. 2KB
8. 3K
9. 1A
10. 1B

B+G: Seriously, dude. Seriously. Best throw in the game... if it connects.
3B8: Launcher follows up into AA A+B 236B for nice damage.
AA: Decent AA, can mix up by throwing in the B to catch people.
BB: Use against certain characters when they're ducking, as 3B won't connect.
A+B: Force pull. FANTASTIC!
22_88A: Long range horizontal that ducks highs.
2KB: A low!
3K: Stuns into 3B or BB.
1A: Combos into B+K B B B 6B (3B8 AA A+B 236B) _ (B K)
1B: Fun move.

I don't have a top ten but his Force Blast is a favorite of mine to use on people who want to stay on the ground.

I'm new to him but I like A+B a lot. It pulls them to you for an easy throw or mid if they duck. I also like 2A+B and jump up and combo if you can get it to hit and his other jumping move where he flies over the other side of the opponent....forget what it is.

B+K,B,6B,A+B_3B
i13 high string that leads to huge CH damage. Hit confirmable into either launcher or force pull for reset at neutral close range.

2B+K:B,B,6B,A+B
i18 low string. ~30 damage, neutral on hit, and quite difficult to punish. Hits grounded. Pretty easy to do for a JF.

FC8K:A
Fast hitting TC mid out of FC which leads to tech traps on hit. Safe on guard (as long as the opponent doesn't duck lightsaber part). Picks sleepers up off the ground to reset wakeup. 2A (hit) into FC8K:A is uninterruptable. Used in almost every juggle I do. Also, once again easy for a JF.

3B
Fast, RANGED mid that leads to juggle damage and tech traps. Can avoid getting punished horribly by levitating on block. One of the best punishing tools in the game. Not recommended for mix-ups due to whiffing problems on ducking opponents (v1.03).

44A
Fast, ranged high that catches steppers. Great for punishing whiffs in neutral scenarios. Can buffer out of 8WR backwards.

Throws
On top of having one of the best lows in the game with 2B+K:B..., his throw game is very powerful. A+G has some of the best wakes in the game, and B+G RO's behind crazy far. Too bad his reach is horrible. Always throw via a 6A+G or 6B+G command input.

66A,B
Rhythm breaker attack. High, Low NC string. Has that perfect gap in between the hits to give the opponent just enough time to get their immediate counter-attacks interrupted. Is relatively fast and tracks well too. Eats force gauge though.

236B
Ranged low. Knocks down and RO's if opponent is close to the edge. Linear, but difficult to punish due to knock back on block. Also eats force gauge.

A,A,B
Another rhythm breaker string. Throw out the B in the string occasionally to keep your opponent from immediately mixing up on you after blocking the A,A. Guaranteed on CH. i14 High string.

Honorable Mentions
B,B
A+B
6B,A+B
2A
BT B+K
BT 2K
66B
44B
22_88B
4A

A,A,B
Another rhythm breaker string. Throw out the B in the string occasionally to keep your opponent from immediately mixing up on you after blocking the A,A. Guaranteed on CH. i14 High string.
hahaha <3

You don't like 22A's extremely long ranged, horizontal, techducking mid that leaves you crazy advantage on hit?

My top 10 list after 2 weeks of playing him.

- A+B, force pull
This move is imo what makes him stand out from the rest of the cast (together with force break).
A great way to get in on long range character or hit people out of stances/slow moves.

- B_BB
Good mid poke. Important for pressure.

Great damage on CH for such a fast mid move. Use it when you think your opponent will attack.
I find dash in - pause - 3K to be quite useful.

- 22B
Safe mid that deals high damage with little force.

- 8B
His only useful TJ-move. Does goos SC damage to.

- AA_AAB
Desent range, and B follow up on CH.

- Throws
Vital to his mixup, since the lows are pretty useless.
To bad his throws have range problems against certain characters and off axis.

- 1B
Great i15 punisher.

- 2A+B
Best techcatcher in the game. Relaunches on all techs for lots of damage and will hit grounded/siderollers.

- 3B
Good for wiffpunishing after stepping or punishing really unsafe moves. Not as useful as a poke imo. Too unsafe and has wiffing problems versus some crouching characters. I rather use BB or 22B in these situations.

Honourable mentions:
6A, 66AB, 44A and 22A are all good at catching steppers
44K is decent even though it should be blocked every time since it is safe and tech crouches
236B is great at long range
66B and 66B+K cover great distance, so they are quite good at getting in
2A basic antipressure 2A, quite crappy TC though
2_4A+K good for stalling matches when you are in a life lead, jump around until time runs out :)

2B+K:B,6B,A+B
i18 low string. ~30 damage, + frames on hit, and quite difficult to punish. Leads to adv on hit with force pull at the end. Hits grounded. Pretty easy to do for a JF.

Guaranteed on normal hit? Or only CH? Even on block I'm sure most people would wind up eating the force grab, though.

Guaranteed on normal hit? Or only CH? Even on block I'm sure most people would wind up eating the force grab, though.

Guaranteed on normal hit and ch. On block, if they 2G'd the 2B+K portion, the :B will whiff because it's high, the 6B will connect but they'll stay crouched, then the A+B will whiff because it's a high.

They can stand up in time to guard the 6b I'm sure, but it may be fast enough to beat out a late low punisher, who knows. Is that string with a 3b ender guaranteed on CH? If it's guaranteed on normal hit I'm practicing SK right now lol.

They can stand up in time to guard the 6b I'm sure, but it may be fast enough to beat out a late low punisher, who knows. Is that string with a 3b ender guaranteed on CH? If it's guaranteed on normal hit I'm practicing SK right now lol.

2B+K:B B 6B3B is never guaranteed.

my top ten moves are:
1. 22A has great range, gives super advantage
2. 2A+B Ukemi punisher!
3. A+B pulls opponents in, connects combos in the air, gives advantage
4. 2B+K,b,b,A+B got this from white rob lol
5. b+G best ringout grab in the game, seriously
6. 44k A+B 6b,b,k follow up A+K A+B (lightsaber throw) This just catches players and leads to to a bigger combo.
7. 3b as a punisher this move is so fast if you blink you'll miss it, but its very unsafe so use it as a punisher cuz it leads to huge damage.
8.1b leads to a tech trap with 2A+B, ukemi punisher! found this out yesterday so now everyone else knows if you didn't know already
9. 3k im not a fan of stuns but this is a really good, fast stun
10. 33b it stuns and leads to combo

Im sure this list will change soon!lol but for now this is what it is n kosh do you play on xbox live?

After playing Apprentice against more competition, my opinion on certain attacks has changed:

I'd put his standing B (by itself) in my top 10 now for sure. Incredibly good zoning tool due to the combination of speed (i15), range (it outspaces the majority of other characters' standard attacks like A,A or B,B), recovery (-4 on block), and pushback. By mixing up force pull, another standing B, or step afterwards you can zone and build up force. The attack looks really shitty on paper, but it fills in a big hole in Apprentice's game at mid-range. Oh, and you don't have to worry about the second B attack whiffing either.

1A is definitely worth mentioning as a note-worthy option too. It tech crouches right away and tracks well, so it serves a double purpose of blowing through highs and throws while also catching steppers. The pay-off is definitely high (stun into free CH B+K,B,6B,3B launch), but 1A also somewhat risky (your opponent gets a free B,B on block), slow, and high. When Semi plays Apprentice he likes to use 1A a lot. Please note that he's incredibly good at prediction, so your mileage with it may vary.

10. 1A - cool if it connects, kinda unsafe
9. B+K BBBBB - cool if you get them into a wall
8. in air BK - just looks cool, too bad its not UB hehe
7. 22_88 A - good match starter
6. 22_88 B - i find it easier to do the JF 8k:A from this
5. 33_99 BB - n00bs always get hit by the 2nd B >:D
4. 2k, 2kb - trickery
3. 44K - his actual one good low... too bad its slow as hell
2. 66A+B B - combo starter
1. 2_8 A+K - very useful and fun

there you have it... my Apprentice top 10 list.
the Force is strong with my Apprentice.
Anyone on PSN that wants to have some matches on PSN, send me an invite. ^_^

I wouldn't put 44K as a good move. It's slow enough that it won't land against players with decent enough reaction time (i34) and it's very telegraphed. 2K doesn't land to combos but is a bit faster at i24 (still slow as shit) but it's easily confirmable on CH for the B follow up which then leads to the universal 2A+B techtrap. Otherwise 2B+K:B6BBK is your only "safe" option for lows.

As for my own top 10:
BB
7_8_9B
2K~B
A+B
22_88A
22_88B
1B
iFC8K:A

imo 6K is really underrated. Great poke when the guy is just outside the range of your BB and leads to ridiculous advantage on hit or CH and is pretty much entirely safe.

BoringRyu:

44K is a very situational move, but still worthwhile. It is very difficult to punish, so you can hit a lot of GI's after it gets blocked. It also tracks grounded opponents very well, so it'll catch rollers for a good chunk of damage (ie. after A+G throw). It also tech crouches for a long time, so you can use it predictively to go under highs or throw attempts ala 1A. Lastly, it leads to so much damage (44K, 6B,A+B, iFC8K:A, 2A+B for 70+ damage and tech catch) that it's worth taking a shot and throwing the attack out there. 44K definitely isn't something an Apprentice player should be throwing out all of the time though. If you play an opponent who starts jumping it, use it even less. Oh yea, and it also tech catches after CH 3K or BT A+K,A+B for relaunch into crazy damage. Definitely one of Apprentice's best options after BT A+K,A+B connects because you'll either get the ground hit or tech catch the opponent if timed well.

Otherwise, your post is solid. It would be hard to argue against using any of the moves you listed.

I have a question. Why is B+G with the Apprentice so good? How is it one of the best in the game. I think that 63214:B+G with Asta, iCS with Ivy, A+G with Vader, and FoTD with Kilik are all so much better than this grab.

His B+G rings out backwards a tremendous distance. Also it creates a lot of space which is good for a turtly character who wants time to build up a gauge. At the least it is probably better than Vader A+G(that ROs over low walls though).

Back