Tournaments for SC2

Would you travel for SC2 tournaments over SC4?

• Yes

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
It would be fun to play some SC2 tourneys, but there wouldn't be enough money to justify doing it.

Evo had about 160 players (some from other countries). That's a terrible turnout considering that SC4 is the current game in the series. I don't know how many were in the nationals, but I'm pretty sure that it was much less.

You gotta think, why would I pay to travel and lodge just to win a few hundred dollars? Let's be generous and say it's $1000. That's not worth the time and effort for practice, or the cost of getting there.

Now if it was a poker tourney, that's different.

id travel but not too far. if i had a time machine id love to relive the sc2 days all over again. it was just pure and simply a better time than any other SC to date. i never travelled for sc1 and i regret that but im just happy to have been around back then and experience all moments of greatness that i was fortunate to witness and be apart of, if that makes any sense lol.

to be honest, id settle for Sony not being so fucking greedy and just make every ps3 truly backwards compatable so that i could play sc2 on my 80 gig ps3.

SC 2 was glitch and bug ridden. but 236B knocked down and i had 6A+B and some nice fast pokes. i hardly travel as it is but is sc2 was at a tourney i would enter that too.

I'm thinking about Hosting a SC2 GameCube Tourney along with Melee if anyone is in NY and would like to play feel free to come to my house

Back