Trouble posting messages?

Lord_Alondite

[10] Knight
Not me, but another user on this website is having trouble posting. He can sign in just fine, but whenever he tries to post, he sees this.

2.jpg

When he tries typing in the box, nothing happens, and posting gives him a "Please enter a valid message" error. Anyone know what's going on?

Apparently this problem occurs lately when I use Internet Explorer 8, if im not mistaken. This never happened before, until a few days ago. However, when I use Mozilla Firefox and go to this site to post, its fine.

Same problem occurs when I try clicking on my profile. Instead of a drop down box appearing, it goes straight to my account data (on IE 8).

same here. I currently use Avant browser. this browser allows me to switch between IE8 and Firefox rendering mode. with IE8, i get the "Please enter a valid message". with firefox rendering mode it's fine.

Sorry to bump an older thread, but did anyone ever get any of these issues resolved? I've been having all these problems and then some when viewing the site in IE8, and 8WR is the only site that I have trouble with.

Sorry to bump an older thread, but did anyone ever get any of these issues resolved? I've been having all these problems and then some when viewing the site in IE8, and 8WR is the only site that I have trouble with.
it seems to act like Tira's mood swings, ie randomly gets better/worse, except hitting your head or anything else doesn't change anything. so i gave up and use FireFox instead. plus, FireFox is much better than IE8, once i discovered add-ons.

Deleting your cookies fixes it for that moment only.
It's a pretty regular glitch that happens with IE in combination with forums.

Back