UFC 2009 Undisputed

I'm not sure... i've never really been a fan of realistic fighting games, and the demo didn't sell me. Which sucks for them because a demo is really supposed to leave you wanting more. /2 cents

I've gotta mail RE5 back to Gamefly to pick this up. Never finished RE5, and I'm really not all that compelled to. I'll be online sometime shortly after this drops.

got it last night..... WAAAAAY more technical than i expected it to be, and thats a good thing.

opinions after about a few hours of playing last night:

GSP is broken
This game is way deeper than i anticipated
career mode is interesting
I need to go through tutorial again - idk yet if a lot of things can be defended on reaction or anticipation, had a lot of trouble in tutorial countering out of a clinch
what are those motions that they have you do for monor or major position changes and why do they only register as "hold RS left" a lot? Am i doing it wrong?

I really wanna explore this game.
Dana White is his usual asshole self in the game lol

Serge I'm not impressed with your performance on that review. As soon as I get this shipped to me from Gamefly I'm takin you OUT!

One question, how do the weight classes work? Are fighters allowed to move up or down in weight, or is it just an open weight system where BJ could fight Brock? That would be ridiculous.

No, only fight your own weight class. Some fighters can move one up or down though.

I like the game so far. Haven't played an awful lot tonight. The doctor is wrecking his enemies so far.

No, only fight your own weight class. Some fighters can move one up or down though.

I like the game so far. Haven't played an awful lot tonight. The doctor is wrecking his enemies so far.

That's what I was curious about, so fights like BJ vs GSP could happen in the game. Naturally, GSP would not be impressed.

Can all fighters move up or down one class, or only those who have done so in the past? Reason I'm asking is because I don't believe Anderson Silva has fought at 205 yet, but it's something that's going to happen now.

That's what I was curious about, so fights like BJ vs GSP could happen in the game. Naturally, GSP would not be impressed.

Can all fighters move up or down one class, or only those who have done so in the past? Reason I'm asking is because I don't believe Anderson Silva has fought at 205 yet, but it's something that's going to happen now.

Anderson has fought James Irving at 205 last year and will be fighting in 205 vs Forrest Griffen later this year, and he is one of the few fighters than can be selected for two different weight classes.

When I have the time I wanna try online with Damian Maia and see how BJJ can own, I heard BJJ is not that top tier in this game, but we'll see

If anything, Judo is the weakest of the grappling skills, it's like defensive wrestling, you can only do your high impact judo throws when someone body clinches you, so there is no easy way for you to set them up yourself.

BJJ is very nice, it doesn't have many ways to get someone to the ground, but once there, it has alot of transitions and subs and sweeps.

eh..not a giant fan. originally i thought it was awesome, but got old quick. IMO kickboxing and BJJ are the best styles

then again, i'm not that big on real UFC. too many disappointing Jardine vs. Rampage and Silva vs. Leites fights

Making the thread, buying the game, realizing this shit just isn't suited for 30 minutes of play everyday, so I brought it back for 2 simple games without steep learning curve.

Working life is killer for games.

wow this game is DEEP

Every style has their own advantages like crazy. Everything is unpredictable. this game.

Every single thing has a counter. There is spacing, there is timing....

the LB button is officially BOSS

been playing it a bunch online on Xbawks. The last thing alot of online guys are seeing before they black out is Chucks grinning fucking face.

If anything, Judo is the weakest of the grappling skills, it's like defensive wrestling, you can only do your high impact judo throws when someone body clinches you, so there is no easy way for you to set them up yourself.

BJJ is very nice, it doesn't have many ways to get someone to the ground, but once there, it has alot of transitions and subs and sweeps.
Judo has a ton of ways to stand all the way up when in a defensive grounded position. A very easy to get into over/under is to reverse a punch, which is still a defensive move, but Judo is the only style that can throw the opponent from double overhooks. The opponent is never safe from Judo. I think it's the best style for people who want to get the fight back to standing, even after using the most powerful throws in the game.

I find Judo works well with MT... excellent stands like was mentioned, and since I'm throwing alot of knees and kicks I'll get them caught sooner or later.

and while obviously you don't want to get mounted... it happens. Having a transition to standing from defensive mount is extremely helpful.

The closed guard defensive transition to side control offense also works well, since if I catch them with it its time to go to work with MT super knees because they're instantly curled up and worried about dealing with a mount.

creating interesting combinations is half the fun of this game. There are only 2 Judo fighters on the regular roster. I gotta do a created fighter with Fedor, thinking of giving him Boxing and Judo.

Kickboxing works fantastic to space people out, and wrestling and Judo both have fantastic in close options. For now my perfect combo is kickboxing-wrestling, which, coincidentally, is what GSP fights with lol.

Takedowns are FANTASTIC. They pretty much work 99% of the time if you throw them out when your opponent does a high strike

creating interesting combinations is half the fun of this game. There are only 2 Judo fighters on the regular roster. I gotta do a created fighter with Fedor, thinking of giving him Boxing and Judo.
That's what I used for my Fedor. The ducking hook against Superman punch spammage is beautiful. Boxing rules the midrange.

Takedowns are FANTASTIC. They pretty much work 99% of the time if you throw them out when your opponent does a high strike
Just have to be careful not to catch an instaKO knee on the way in.

Back