[UK] - SCV Ranking Battle options

Talon

[08] Mercenary
With the exception of SCIV we have always run ranking battles here in the UK..

The reason for me starting this thread is to explore our options for making this happen again.

Format & Day

I like the idea of doing it once per month using the same format we did at Hakims tournament style but with group stages before the eliminations.

The day that most the general public is available is the day we should do it, either

Wednesday evening (19:00 onwards)

Saturday/Sunday daytime (14:00 onwards)

I am a fan of a central location that anyone in the UK can reach easy with public transport.

Here is my suggestion

http://www.gamerbase.com/?a=piccadilly

I am not promoting HMV but this is the most easy setup as consoles are provided (And games?) all we have to do turn up with pads.

For the guys up north I was thinking we can run events separately and do a once a quarter (calendar) tourney with the top ranked players from each area. My suggestion on the other areas are

http://www.gamerbase.com/?a=manchester

http://www.gamerbase.com/?a=edinburgh

Of course I would need help on the ground to arrange the Manchester and Edinburgh ranking battles as I cannot be physically there.

So that’s it. Tournament style ranking battles in all the major cities in the UK, Once per month.

Once per quarter have a tournament for the top players of all 3 areas.

My 2 pence, I am open to suggestions and like i said before I WILL need help setting it up if its on me.

Look forward to your response.

Regards

Yo Nick, long time for real,

I copied this thread onto the neo empire forums so have a look there for updates as well :p

lol yeah Wednesday.

I don't even have the game... Or an brokebox pad. I'll be there though, right by work so why not.

I actually like what the Singaporeans have done with FB groups. They've set up a FB group for high level SC5ers - for questions, posting vids so everyone can learn etc. Set us up the bomb son, and we'll add all the tourney players we know of, and add all the hard-to-beat UK players online.

That way, we'll get a community, and more people to play in RanBats.

Sorry for making this post as it's not directly about ranking battles or tournaments, I would like to ask if there is anyone who knows if there is a place/venue that holds SC V for casual sessions?

We do sessions at Gamerbase in the London Trocadero, and Heart of Gaming in North London.

There are other places if you are not nearby.

The FB group sounds like it could work, depending on whether those players use FB in the same way. But however we do it, we want to maximise opportunities for people to get involved.

I'm hoping we can do online RBs in conjunction with this too, as the online seems so good now.

Shit - only just found this thread, lol.

I'm happy to arrange events in Manchester, but who will be acting as London and Edinburgh TO for me to liase with?

Just as an update this idea is coming along.

Me and Duncan have been liaising with the guys over at namcobandai to see if they will support our ideas.

Since the netcode is solid we will do side by side online RBs as well.

I will keep you all posted

Good shout, although cause I'm very close to Heart of Gaming, I can probably run another RB there as an extra option for those North of London/can't get to central too easily. So you could have 1 at GB London, 1 at HOG and 1 online plus wherever else in the UK (like Manchester).

Can anyone please tell me the exact details for any SCV events/tourneys/offline get togethers around London? I went to SC impact and am desperate for some more good offline matches! Cheers

I turned up too late to enter any tourneys but I had some good casuals with some high level players. I won't be able to make the 6th April but I will hopefully be able to make it down later in the month. Can i confirm what time you guys start/finish? Bring your own controller? Thanx for your help guys.

Every Friday, start by 6pm usually, play til late. Bring your own controller. Keep checking Neo Empire and the FB page Joel linked above

5 and a half hours until the first Birmingham ranking battle. Good luck to everyone entering!

Anybody interested in the Birmingham SCV scene should visit this site, where I announce the tournaments:
http://www.electronicdojo.co.uk/forum.php

And on a personal note to the London players:
I'll be at the May Edgemaster series - it'll be good to see you all again. =)

Does stuff still happen in London? None of my friends have got into SC5 so looking for some people to play with... though I'm super-bad at the game so might be a bit out of my depth I guess.

Back