Underrated Moves

KineticClash

[10] Knight
So I playing Ivy recently in such refutable places as the ThunderDome and offline Story Mode and noticed some moves nobody uses but are really good. And every good player knows the key to being good is utilizing every move their character has. So let’s get to it! ^^b

WR (A) – Many people don’t even know this move exists. It is completely horizontal and will kill all step and only randomly whiffs about a quarter of the time. It is also super safe if you use it at tip range against a char who can’t punish at that range. Not only that but it breaks guard in 16!
Summon Suffering – This is Ivy’s “other” command throw. It’s good cuz unlike the input for CS it is just an easy A+G BE. On top of that it has clean hit chance and looks super stylish and flashy which can help disorient your opponent. Is one bar of meter worth the 15 extra damage and style? I think so!
Queen’s Pleasure aka stomp – People never use this against standing opponents but it is an unseeable low and only -2 on hit. It can also give a stun on counter hit which makes it combo on itself. But since it is 5 damage on standing opponents it is especially useful when you need to get that last 2.5 bit of damage!
(B) – This move is great because it breaks in 8. As long as your opponent doesn’t step the second hit or have an i20 or faster punish, spam the crap out of it!
6A+B – Ivy’s go-to UB, I like to call it. It’s mid horizontal so it’s basically guaranteed to hit after any knockdown. Mix this up with Ivy’s stomp after knockdowns and you’ll see how strong Ivy’s oki can be.

Happy whipping!

1389642697280.png

Back