Vader Gimmicks

Ooofmatic

World Warrior
Here is some stuff with Vader that I've decided not to publicly reveal until now. The reason for that being that these are things that are hard for an opponent to figure out on the fly, but if the opponent knows about them beforehand, they become pretty useless.

There are three main gimmicks, here is the first one, a combo:

3B+K, 44B, 4A+B AT, 4A+B:3B+K, 44B, 1BA

A breakdown:

3B+K (stun), 44B (launch), 4A+B AT (force pickup attack throw), 4A+B (sends them behind him), :3B+K (stun, JF timing to turn around and have it connect), 44B (launch), 1BA (guaranteed followup)

The full combo does around 110 dmg, almost 50%, and requires from 90 to 100% force meter, however it will leave you with close to 50% force meter remaining.

Now you might notice something wrong here. There are TWO 3B+K's and they both stun! Normally that isn't supposed to happen in a combo, you're not supposed to be able to stun someone twice with the same move in a combo.

The reason it does is because the combo resets at the 4A+B AT after the 44B launch. If the opponent holds guard or attempts to tech after the 44B launch, it will reset the combo. If the opponent doesn't press anything, the combo will not reset and the second 3B+K will not stun again. However you can hit confirm and follow up accordingly. If they attempted to guard or tech, there won't be a red counter hit spark, so you can send them behind you with 4A+B and do the JF timing 3B+K and stun them again, or the second gimmick (will get to it in a bit). If they didn't press anything after the launch there will be a red spark and since the 3B+K won't stun you can send them up with A+B and finish it with 11B, or do the second gimmick.

Regardless of what the opponent does, the 4A+B AT pickup is guaranteed. The opponent can only affect whether it resets or not.

Now this will work on everyone except for Amy, Sophitia, Cassandra, Xianghua, and Talim. They are all able to get up quick enough to guard the 4A+B AT by holding guard. But if they instead attempt to tech without holding guard, the attack throw will connect and the combo reset will work.

Now on to the second gimmick: 4A+B AT, 4A+B, A+G or B+G (back throw).

This isn't guaranteed. If the opponent doesn't press anything, or if they attempt to crouch guard, the back throw attempt will completely whiff. However, if they hold guard, a slightly delayed throw will connect for a back throw. This can be used as a mix-up. If they hold guard they can get back thrown, but you can still land a guaranteed 3B+K with JF timing which they will guard against if you screw up. But if they don't hold guard or attempt to crouch guard, the back throw attempt will whiff but you'll have an easy time landing 3B+K without strict timing.

Now for the third gimmick: 44A.

It's -7 on block, but it does this weird block stun glitch that locks the opponent up if they attempt to attack as soon as possible, which puts them at a disadvantage. If the opponent knows about it, they can simply wait a bit before attacking to take advantage of the -7 it puts Vader at.

Vader Gimmicks.

I wish I would have known about some of these before I wen't to DEV, mainly the 44A since I could have done some work with that.

Man it's kind of sad that all the work that was put into Vader is irrelevant now, I will miss playing with Vader.

Back