Vader Tech Traps and Oki

Alright, this is the 3RD time for me at an attempt to write a well explained/detailed post on this, both attempts were perfect and it was all needed...and well, the best way i can describe it is going for an A+ on a term paper and months(in this case over a year + what i typed out for a FULL understanding) only to have the dog not give a shit and eat your perfected term paper(TWICE) that you put so much time and effort in...eh, maybe its for the better anyways, i guess it was my fault for left clicking on my mouse outside of the edit post box and nowadays ever one wants to cut corners and not understand whatever it is, for whatever it's value/worth is anyway... so if anyone has any serious questions, feel free to ask me(i am here to help as best as i can)... although NOW i will be giving the basic understanding for you(the community)and the tools for you to get you started in the right place... since my brain went "out to lunch" after this being my 3rd attempt at this post and over 11 hrs between double checking certain specifics and retyping this post 3 different times 3 different ways, I'm quite burned out atm...

K, in my previous post i had given what i believe are his 2 best tech traps for damage and match control(and a few character specifics just for reference *NOTE*>(i made a small mistake about Amy(i think) in last post and i will go back and edit/fix after this is post is complete)...

Okay, in this post I am going to cover some things before listing character specifics on the WSB+K, 2B+K, 4,4b tech traps... 1st thing is 4,4b(and its 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TIMINGS), secondly I will also be covering what is known in the gaming world as a "tick" move(i called it the "sike out" in my previous post) and in Vader's case a "tick" block and its EXTREMELY awesome abilities.

1. 4,4b and its 2 completely different timings(and what they allow you to do)...the 1ST one is 4,4b tech trap version(neutral... no "tick" block needed, is optional though mostly on right and back tech it works best if you do it), this can easily be done in practice mode to learn it, simply start out with WSB+K, 2B+K( the 1st 2 hits of the combo that lead into the 4,4b tech traps)then follow with(as soon as your done connecting with 2B+K) hold G button(block)...

this will lead you to understand when his block and "tick" block window starts, and is ALSO the same window for 4,4b neutral(non blocking tech trap version)...I am mentioning all this because in order to get the 4,4b tech traps to work(since the 4,4b tech trap can hit both right and back tech OR all tech's...all tech is character specific tech trap)you need to understand the exact timing for the 4,4b neutral standing... you should also be able to visually notice that Vader's light saber has reached an U/F direction(easiest on 1p side) and his elbow flinch as well, practice this for a bit and you will find the correct window(also don't forget to put CPU on 2nd attack ALL guard and tech roll right) you WILL get the timing down this way... 1 last and very important thing to know... WHICH CHARACTERS AND THE SPECIFIC DIRECTIONS IT WILL TECH TRAP ON...luckily for everyone I am here to help you all...I've done all the inside work and given a very good explanation of how to start them off thus far, and will continue to do so throughout this post!!

2. the 2ND 4,4b version...this is the one that can be done fairly quick or with some delay to it, and will ALWAYS hit any character(but will NEVER launch)... this is the one you will always get free ground damage with and has a completely different window/timing compared to the 4,4b tech trap version and for everyone to understand this, basically learn the 4,4b tech trap timing(neutral NON block or "tick" block one) and you will see the difference and notice as i said, both have different timing in their windows.

Now a bit on the "tick" block and where it leaves you...this adds a bit of spice and large range of deceptiveness along with the ability to put fear into your opponent(s) if it's correctly done just before you do the input of 4,4b tech traps, you get the "tick" block sike out effect before hitting with the tech trap(whether its right tech only or all tech...also to initiate a "tick" Block, you just simply pressing block as soon as you can following 2B+K, then release it, and press it again safely(the reason this works is it gives the appearance of you going for any of the 2 tech traps i mentioned in my previous post and above) from this you can "tick" block into any ground hitting attack just after the 1st "tick" block~release(remember they are laying on the ground in fear of the tech traps), KEEP THIS IN MIND...IT IS A "TICK" BLOCK, so your hitting and releasing it very quickly whether its for tech trap follow up or wake up/mind games/ force lifts etc...

IF, you hold it to long you can hurt yourself in match play(IS ALSO WHY I WILL SAY PERFECT IT'S TIMING BEFORE APPLYING IT!!) REMEMBER THIS> the "tick" block is favored in this specific situation with a multitude of options...and if you are a veteran player and have an understanding of the meaning of timing in SC4 etc etc, this should be much easier for you to understand UNLESS you understand it but cannot grasp the timing itself, my write on it here should be strong enough to help ANY level of players...AND, once you've learned the timing on the normal(neutral) 4,4b tech trap launcher(without the "tick" block added) you should have ALSO found the timing for the "tick" block itself and vice versa... the "tick" block is however VERY tricky and suggest not using until perfected as just mentioned(JUST GET USED TO NORMAL 4,4b TECH TRAP WITHOUT THE "TICK" BLOCK ADDED BEFORE IT)...once you do you will be able to freely and safely(if decided not going for any of the tech traps) do a mix up of ground hitting attacks, mobility(walk circles around 'em until they make a mistake get punished/block punished etc)...so with good practice this becomes a very practical tool in Vader's game with endless possibilities which ever way its performed!!

Now a quick run down on 3B+K tech traps... you can ALWAYS easily add in the "tick" block~release into 3B+K every time on every character, remember that 3B+K only covers tech trap on back/left tech(which is good enough for Vader anyway)...and much easier to do opposed the "tick" block~release into 4,4b tech traps, so don't worry!!...i have taken the time and patience in learning them all over a long period of time, so you(the community) would not have to go through stress induced anger/frustrations from trial and error and of the pulling out the hair going insane routine of learning/understanding something from scratch etc... i will also be using symbols indicating what is what for the 2 separate lists of characters and their definitions...

Symbol/abbreviation definitions are as follows( some symbols can share the same space as other symbols/abbreviations on same characters)

*(means said characters cannot be hit by 1b,a following 4,4b back tech trap launcher, only 2 characters share this)

~( means very slight delay on 2B+K in order 4,4b back tech launcher to hit said character due to their hit boxes, the delay draws them closer and makes 2B+K hit closer also allowing 4,4b to hit closer as well so 1b,a connects after it launches) all other characters will be left blank indicating no delay(unless specified by me in "( )" directly after character listed)

RBT(simply indicates the tech trap(4,4b) only hits Right and Back Tech...RBT)

AT(means any character with this next to them, the tech trap(4,4b) hits All Tech...AT

!( means those characters can be hit by 1b,a following 4,4b back tech trap launcher)

Finally... THE LISTS!!! running this in 2 parts, one list being RBT and the other list being AT.

RBT=
-Algol=!
-Apprentice=!
-Cassandra=!( slight tight timing for 1b,a to connect after 4,4b back tech launcher)
-Ivy=!
-Kilik=!
-Raph=!
-Seong Mi-Na=!
-Sophitia=!
-Taki=!( slight delay on 1b,a to connect after 4,4b back tech launcher)
-Tira=!/~(can be done 2 ways, perfectly timed 4,4b tech launcher or very slight delay on 2B+K)
-Yun-Seong=!
-Zasalamel=!
--------------------------------------------------------
AT=
-Amy=!( just timing on 4,4b to tech trap launch for left tech(meaning in the middle of her tech animation)
-Astaroth=!( same as Amy with just timing on 4,4b for tech trap launch left)
-Cervy=!
-Hilde=!
-Lizard Man=*( he has a very unique hit box, and cannot be done)
-Maxi=!
-Mitsurugi=!
-Rock=!
-Nightmare=!
-Setsuka=!
-Seigfried=!
-Talim=!/~
-Voldo=!
-Yoshi=!
-Yoda=*(very small hit box so it cannot be done)

K, that covers this posts segment for those 2 tech trap follow up for 4,4b tech trap from WSB+K,2B+K(without last 3k,b which naturally completes the 4 hit overall best damage combo) between combo damage and tech trap damage, also do not forget that you can replace ALL left tech traps with 3B+K as well!!...*PLEASE READ THROUGH ALL PARTS OF THIS ENTIRE POST*(some will hope you don't) and also understand that this help understand both players playing vs him, and Vader players vs other character match ups and vice versa...everything I mentioned closer to top of post explains a lot of what is good portion yet not all of what Vader has to offer...and don't forget to use the Symbol/abbreviation section for reference check(that's why i put it there).

lastly I wanna thank you all for sticking by me and taking the time as i did, to read/understand both my knowledge/findings and or game perspective, for this can also lead/help anyone who is willing to put the time and effort in with their favorite character(s) to discover that "needle in the haystack" or character specific perks too!...

Coming next...more tech traps goodies!!!

^^^All info surrounding 4,4b tech trap that follows WSB+K, 2B+K(2 hit incomplete combo)/character specifics completed!!!!

*/ Locked post for more tech trap goodies.

Back