Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

Thanks a bunch! :)

EDIT:
I didn't want to make a new post so I just edited even though it has nothing to do with this post.

With this combo you can get 99 damage out of her CE with only 1.5 of you bar.
N/O
44A BE, 33B, AAB, CE, 33K, BT B+K

You have to hold the 33B but if I put the brackets it would've just made it bold. -_-

Thanks a bunch! :)

EDIT:
I didn't want to make a new post so I just edited even though it has nothing to do with this post.

With this combo you can get 99 damage out of her CE with only 1.5 of you bar.
N/O
44A BE, 33B, AAB, CE, 33K, BT B+K

You have to hold the 33B but if I put the brackets it would've just made it bold. -_-

you can just do
44A BE, 33B, AAB, 2A+B, 2B+K BE, run up AAB, 9K, 2A+B
does 112 for less meter

Yeah, but I was just trying to find better uses for her CE. :P It's probably a waste, now that they lowered her UB. Not complaining though.

if you happen to have them block N/O 2A+B full charge, it's a free CE, run up 33B(charge) into hefty combo

they're pushed too far away for the CE to do combo after if they just take the hit, however... course you have a shot at mid/low mixup at that point

What the... leave this planetarium, and come back home, David.
I'm sorry I'm trying! I'm just not their with Ivy yet...she feels like a stranger wearing my lovers skin! It'll take time...(also i'm ashamed I can't do her CS T______________T)...I'll be back...8way hasn't lost IVYfanboy yet...

I think you can combo her unblockable...but I haven't fully tested it yet (game adds escapable shit to the combo counter on rolls and such). Try CE(they block...), 44A+B, 66A+B. Significantly better than a mere 20dmg for a full bar to kill someone, might even be able to 2B+K~BE. I can't make it consistent though...You can do 2B instead to make it 31 :/

6A+B~slight charge (you wanna hit their feet before they fall), 2A+B

Also trying to work on another combo set up and can't figure out how to replicate it consistently. 3B, AAB, 9K, 2B+K~BE, 66, AAB, 2A+B, 2B_K~BE, 66AAB

The weird part to replicate is 9K, I've noticed occasionally while doing the 9K at this part in the combo, will result in the opponent not flying all the way across screen and will land in a range you can do the follow up easy, allowing for 100+ 2 meter combos anywhere on screen. Can anyone find out what makes the opponent fall a short distance from 9K? Test timing and angle.

...O______________________O

To the LAAAAAAAAB!!!
after N/O 6B+K I've found 2K, 2A and I think B are probably the best options for guaranteed throw. I've gotten 3A to work a few times, but not sure it that's the training dummy being stupid (set it to random guard. it's fairly easy to hit-confirm a B and go into launch or throw depending on hit/block)

So to add to more impractical combos:

44A~BE, 33(B), 44A~BE, 2B+K~BE, 66, AAB, 2A+B, 2B+K~BE, 66, AAB, 2A+B (sadly 9K won't connect the ball part for some reason) - 126...however, leave off the 1st part and start with only 33(B)...138 (1.5 meter)

The game includes escapable parts in the combo counter so you may be confused of a not true combo getting 90. 6B+K, 3A, 3B, VS AAB, 66B, 66A+BB...MIGHT be 90 dmg (best combo i could think of off the top of my head) but the last part is escapable even though the counter will say it's a combo.

That is pushing it when it comes to being a combo but i guess practicality wasn't part of the question.

I also haven't found any way out of this combo
3B, AAB, 6A+B (slight charge) 1A+B
if done perfect it is a True combo for 64
if "messed up" and they lay on floor it's 61
if "messed up" and they tech ANY direction it catches all techs for 70, add 2B for 80ish
you CAN fuck it up so bad that it's left escapable however, but unlikely

I'd like to know what kind of advantage we're at with 1A+B...if it's at all decent it would set up 6B+K shit real well (the move goes through the entire animation in 24 frames if my testing is correct so it's really fucking fast)

the 1A+B at the end can be escaped I do believe.
shouldn't be

Im talking about the VS 6B+K 3a combo, the 1a+B at the end is guaranteed
sorry, I derailed the conversation, yes it is situational, but definitely a trainable situation.

1A+B ender allows for 6B+K, and is safe at the very least to i15 (only tested viola's 2k, thought it was faster).

It's not useful really. However, 2B+K(BE) 2B+K(BE) AAB etc is a combo.

Edit: 6k wall splat 2B+K(BE) AAB 9K etc is also a wall combo

Back