Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

Sadly they can AC 6AB. And there are better ones for that much meter with that starter currently.
after or during the 6AB
I had a combo that was
3B, AAB, dash back 6AB, B+K BE etc and it was not air controllable at all, but hard as fuck to land :)
and not at all optimal damage -.-
but looked absolutely amazing ^_^
worst part was that you're too close to do SET 2A+B(full charge), orb will always come back and get you ORB 2A+B, otherwise this would possibly be unescapable 2A+B(full charge)
makes me sad :(

BE B+K. 6B+K (right as the BE hits) (Qstep to the right 90 degrees) AAB 2A+B BE 2B+K 6 AAB 9K BE 2B+K 6 AAB 2A+B BE 2B+K 9K 2A+B. 25 hits, 132-135. So far the 3rd AAB doesn't work in Viola. 6B+K is just so godly. This combo is good for stalling.

These combos listed down yet?

ORB B+K, 4B+K (BE), 2[A+B], 2A+B = 51 dmg

SET 22_88B (BE), 1B, 3B, AAB, 2A+B, 44K/3K = 81 dmg
SET 33_99[ B ], 44A (BE), 44B = 87 dmg

BE B+K. 6B+K (right as the BE hits) (Qstep to the right 90 degrees) AAB 2A+B BE 2B+K 6 AAB 9K BE 2B+K 6 AAB 2A+B BE 2B+K 9K 2A+B. 25 hits, 132-135. So far the 3rd AAB doesn't work in Viola. 6B+K is just so godly. This combo is good for stalling.

Combo breaks at 2nd 2A+B as I thought it would, but I tested anyhow. You can use 6A+B there instead though.

These combos listed down yet?

ORB B+K, 4B+K (BE), 2[A+B], 2A+B = 51 dmg

SET 22_88B (BE), 1B, 3B, AAB, 2A+B, 44K/3K = 81 dmg
SET 33_99[ B ], 44A (BE), 44B = 87 dmg

First combo - what? Using VO B+K leaves orb out, and there's no 4B+K BE. :(

VS 22B BE combo is posted. 1A+B is the alternative for max damage after 2A+B there. 44K is a choice for a bit better recovery for nicer oki - but with a bit of pushback.

The VS 33B combo hasn't been posted, but is known about. You can extend it with a 2B+K BE at the end of the 44A BE. I think there's also some better damage options here but I have to test them out. @_@.

Combo breaks at 2nd 2A+B as I thought it would, but I tested anyhow.

Did the 1st 9K have a close range KND nstead of a long range one? The first AAB should've hit at its tip range to launch the opponent higher. It does these properties on side and back. Did you do he BE B+K at close range? I tested it on pat, seig, and zwei.

I know it worked. It had style points...

Did the 1st 9K have a close range KND nstead of a long range one? The first AAB should've hit at its tip range to launch the opponent higher. It does these properties on side and back. Did you do he BE B+K at close range? I tested it on pat, seig, and zwei.

I know it worked. It had style points...

None of this has an effect. The thing is, SC detects use of the same stun in a combo twice so that it can get rid of infinites. 2A+B's relaunch only works off of ground stun. Thus trying it twice in a combo does not work. If you replace either 2A+B with a 6A+B, it works.

Surprised this topic hasn't popped out yet. What are your wall combos/setups?

2 combos from me:
SET 3B, W!, 3B, W!, 3B, BnB - launches the third time.
ORB 3B, W!, 3B, W!, 4B, 2B+K~BE, AAB, 2A+B, 66A+B - same here, but ORB launch is by far less useful, hence 4B.

That's for warm-up.

Sure let's throw all kinds of setups in one place and call it order. Wall games deserve a separate thread as there are many possibilities in this very scenario.

Sure let's throw all kinds of setups in one place and call it order. Wall games deserve a separate thread as there are many possibilities in this very scenario.

To be honest, I'd say they go in the combo thread. Wall PRESSURE is a different story, but still does fit into the setups/general tips category. I'll really leave it up to the SA mods on this, though. If it were up to me, discussion would take place in the combo/setup threads, and info would be added into first posts. Possibly with spoiler tags marked for standard combos/bnbs and wall combos/bnbs.

Anywho - I had more success getting efficient damage off of a 4B after wall splat. Only problem is, it can be hard to hit confirm after most of viola's stuff. I honestly think her wall game is just weak. But I do need to explore it fully before I write it off. My playstyle doesn't really utilize walls outside a tiny bit of extra damage for a poke. And sometimes W! 6B+K 2B 2B_66A+BB works.

None of this has an effect. The thing is, SC detects use of the same stun in a combo twice so that it can get rid of infinites. 2A+B's relaunch only works off of ground stun. Thus trying it twice in a combo does not work. If you replace either 2A+B with a 6A+B, it works.
so 6A+B causes a ground stun??

Few more discoveries after messing around again -

To start - new combo ender for people 66B 66A+BB isn't guaranteed on: 2B+K BE B+K 44B 66A+BB. The 66A+BB part takes some getting used to to time properly, but you have to get it out as quick as possible. Has chance to clean hit.

That said,

VS 22A+B leads into 2B+K BE BnB or 66A+BB
VO 22A+B leads into 6A+B or 66A+BB

VS 22A+B 2B+K BE 6 AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE B+K 44B 66A+BB does about 101 damage.
VS 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE B+K 44B 66A+BB does about 85 - a couple more damage than the 6A+B ender. Has chance to clean hit for more, as well.

And I've now found (Why didn't I test this before, damnit!?) that 6B after 6B+K combos into 3B. And it's actually much easier to hit confirm than the 3A. Not only that, this also does more damage than the 3A combo! I've also found a few other cool things off of a 6B+K setup, so I'll just list them all together:

VS 6B+K:

3A 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE B+K 44B 66A+BB 115 dmg
6B 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE B+K 44B 66A+BB 121 dmg
3K 3B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE B+K 44B 66A+BB 122 dmg (Use this one after a guard break guys.)
iWS B AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE B+K 44B 66A+BB 97 dmg (This one's real strange, but that ball pop isn't ACable. Tested all directions.)

Also - 4B after 6B+K is really interesting, as well. If the 4B lands, 6B+K pops them out of crumple, but they are at INSANE disadvantage. It is a free grab mixup. And if you add the 4B + 6B+K pop damage to the throw damages you get:

B throw - 80ish damage.
A throw - 98ish damage.

Huge.

I cracked 200 dmg with Viola >_> video uploading...mind you it's the 196 version because timing 6A+B to hit with claw and properly down the opponent is retardedly hard and situational and I'm not waiting for the clean hit version to record...video soon (and yes it's off of 33(B) and burns all your meter)...and thanks Dest for the combo ender ^_^

Also posting a 187 one that's slightly easier.

These take a while to update the trimming (and I fucked up a lot...sleep deprived doing these T_T)

Viola 187 Dmg Combo (jump to 2:14 if it hasn't updated):

196 coming soon...

I cracked 200 dmg with Viola >_> video uploading...mind you it's the 197 version because timing 6A+B to hit with claw and properly down the opponent is retardedly hard and situational...video soon (and yes it's off of 33(B) and burns all your meter)...and thanks Dest for the combo ender ^_^

Also posting a 187 one that's slightly easier.

I'm pretty sure I can break this already >_< I just don't like using all 4 meter.

With no walls? (not that walls shouldn't count...but...) I haven't seen anyone post anything higher that wasn't escapable. Share the knowledge >_<

Pfffff no wall stipulation. Also the 2K in your combo seems hitbox specific.

Though I did just find the best combos ever:

ORB CYCLONE: VS 44A BE 33(B) 44A BE 2B+K BE 44A BE Only 100ish damage, but it's got style.

Orb Cyclone with a bit more oomph: VS 44A BE 33(B) 44A BE 2B+K BE 6 AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE B+K 44B 66A+BB 140ish.

2k happens from a side hit launch. They land close enough and the input steps u anyway. Its a 'why not' since if it whiffs the combo still works.

Also been finding a lot of my combo frustration was due to pyrrhas hit box. Anyone have issues with her on stuff like 3B, AAB, 6A+B(slight charge)...combo is hard as fuck on her for some reason

Back