Voldo General Discussion/Q&A Thread

Voldo Soul Arena completed. If anyone has any suggestions or questions about the set up of the forum please PM me.

Voldo can turn around in 2 . No Damn moves needed. Whole move set available at any time. This is huge......trust me.

Can start with confirming that his pal infinites still are there. It starts interesting. Let's see how much of his other pal bullshit is intact...

What little I can remember is intact. Some of these may have been in the ntsc version as well, I can't remember. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

- Mantis Drop cancel is there.
- Spasm cancel is there.
- Both MCHT 66 cancels are there.

Mantis drop cancel:
Hold G during a drop and voldo will cancel to neutral as soon as he touches the ground. This does not always work and I cant remember why, but fail safe ways to do it is from MCFT A+B into a wall behind you, or 3A+B into a wall. There should be ways do it from the drop that occurs when a MC A+B connects, but I can't remember how.

Spasm cancel:
Hold G during a MC A+B 2 to cancel out of it. Only seems to cancel if the spasm is FT. Try MCHT A+B 2 [G] for example.

MCHT 66 cancel:
This is the biggest thing in terms of combo damage afaik. MCHT 66 (must be HT ) has two cancel windows. One right before the active window of MC 66 opens and one after it closes (these can be very important differentiate between when describing combos). If a G is registered during one of those windows voldo will cancel to neutral instantly (sort of). This gives him a lot more damage from some combo starters, as well as an infinite.

Other stuff that can be important to know about these: when canceling out of MC 66, voldo will instantly cancel into FC BS, followed by FC. This is key for some of the combos that use this, as well as his infinite. The spasm and drop cancels in the same way, but are standing and not in FC.

I barely remember any combos, but:
CH WR A, 2A+K, MCFT 66 ~late cancel, BT 2A+K, MCHT 66 - 91 damage
You can tack on a MC B at the end for a total 118 damage if the opponent techs incorrectly.

CH WR A, 2A+K, MCFT 66 ~late cancel, CR BBB ~ 129 damage. Varies a lot.
Also I can't remember if the full CR BBB is guaranteed.

Notice how you are supposed to cancel despite doing MCFT 66 (again the cancel only work in HT). This works because you run over your opponent and end up in HT before the late window opens.

These two demonstrate how cool, but broken, this thing is. Also:

Infinite:
Side hit BT 2A+K, MC 66 ~ late cancel -> loop indefinitely.
Side hit BT 2A+K, MC 66 ~ early cancel-> loop indefinitely.

The late-cancel variation is easier since you get more damage per rep. The problem is getting a side it. There are pretty reliable, but risky, setups for it from 22_88 A+B however.

Edit for the grammar I could find, sorry for that :(

Last edited:
Well I've been experimenting with Voldo in SCIIHD (ps3) these past few days. I've never played PAL though, so I might just be doing something wrong, so let me know

Mantis drop cancel - Works fine from the setups you've mentioned, but after tons of testing I haven't figured out a single way for it to work with MC A+B.

Spasm cancel - Only works in HT. (You accidentally said FT?)

MCHT 66 cancel - This does work indeed work, but I'm having some issues. Simply tapping G never seems to work for cancelling, holding always seems to be required. Because of that, I always cancel into a normal guard position, making followups very limited and the infinite impossible.

This could very easily be my own problem, undermining how difficult the execution is. Is it very hard to time? And where are the two 'cancel windows' you mention, since I always seem to cancel in varying locations. (Again, I never played PAL so I don't know how it 'should' be done yet)

Also, I was wondering if you were using the xbox or ps3 version of SCII HD. A friend of mine, a Spawn main who spent several hours playing with me on my ps3, just bought the game on his xbox 360 and is telling me that there's differences in the grab-breaking mechanics between the two versions. Maybe it's possible that Voldo has some console differences as well. I'll post about that when I get the chance to play on his console

When I get back to my place later today, I'll get back to messing around with this and see if I can uncover anything new and I'll post any updates. ^^

Hey guys, figured out some new things from playing today.

Mantis drop cancel - In order to mantis drop cancel out of regular mantis drop from Freak Roll (BS A+B or MC A+B) you need to input 'down' sometime after the window for Broken Wheel (aka Spasm) but before you start falling downward from the mantis drop. Remember to also hold G during this. If you input the 'down' too late, you'll land into spasm and immediately do a spasm cancel as long as you hold G. Inputting any other directions besides the 'down' seems to prevent the Mantis drop cancel from working, but you'll still land into a spasm cancel. Also, the cancel only works in one direction, so you need to land on the correct side of your opponent based on your direction in order to cancel, but inputting other directions prevents the cancel so I'm still not sure how to make it all work together.
example: MCFT A+B ~ (G) -> wait -> 2 [if you only spasm, you pressed 2 too soon. if you jump then spasm cancel, you pressed 2 too late.]

That's all for now

Back