Voldo's Top 10 moves?

Well that's strange.

Anyhow, we only tested it in training mode for like 5 or 10 minutes so I'm not going to make any sort of declarative statement about whether it does or does not catch step to both directions, but nobody was able to step 3A when we tried it out, and I've still never had anybody step it in a match so far.

So at the very least, I'm going to continue using it as a stepkiller until I play somebody who can consistently step it

3A is easily steppable at least to Voldo's right. Your opponents probably were not stepping correctly, i.e. too late or doing 8wr.

Go to training mode, let Yun get into B+K -> Crane, and have Voldo do 3A. Yun will auto-evade the 3A.

Well, like I said, it's not that I'm arguing it's not steppable (I generally go with the consensus about stuff like this), it's just that thus far people *haven't* stepped it, so it still has a spot in my arsenal until it stops being useful. I'm always up for a suggestion if you have a more reliable stepkiller that isn't duckable

just picked up voldo the other day, and Im loving this gimpy weird bastard
got a few questions on a few moves being reliable

6A+B,K.......does it catch steppers, safe on block etc

BLDave gave me this combo that is nice!!

BS 1A, WR B (tech trap), 2B+K,K......

i added to the end of that 2 moves: BS 4K,A 6ABB. seems to do nice damage. He also told me to mix up the 1A with 1K

I added those moves to the end cause the looked fuckin sick as hell. but was wondering how smart of an idea that was.

any other combos or helpful hints would be really appreciated

HRD

Well, like I said, it's not that I'm arguing it's not steppable (I generally go with the consensus about stuff like this), it's just that thus far people *haven't* stepped it, so it still has a spot in my arsenal until it stops being useful. I'm always up for a suggestion if you have a more reliable stepkiller that isn't duckable

lol I'm not arguing for anything. I don't even play voldo. I'm only inputting my observations that 3A is linear, because I found it strange that Yun's Crane stance will auto evade that move.

just picked up voldo the other day, and Im loving this gimpy weird bastard
got a few questions on a few moves being reliable

6A+B,K.......does it catch steppers, safe on block etc

BLDave gave me this combo that is nice!!

BS 1A, WR B (tech trap), 2B+K,K......

i added to the end of that 2 moves: BS 4K,A 6ABB. seems to do nice damage. He also told me to mix up the 1A with 1K

I added those moves to the end cause the looked fuckin sick as hell. but was wondering how smart of an idea that was.

any other combos or helpful hints would be really appreciated

HRD

BS WR B (or BS CR B), 1K, 2B+K, K that's all gold

But I've learned the hardway, never use 4k or 4k,a on an opponent who is on the ground in hopes that they get straight up or roll forwards. If they roll right or left you will not even remotely track them and they will hurt you.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but why followup that original combo ( which is all guarenteed once BS WR B/CR B connects) with those two moves? (4k,a 6abb). It's not that they're terrible moves to use at some point in the match but why after that combo?

BS WR B (or BS CR B), 1K, 2B+K, K that's all gold

But I've learned the hardway, never use 4k or 4k,a on an opponent who is on the ground in hopes that they get straight up or roll forwards. If they roll right or left you will not even remotely track them and they will hurt you.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but why followup that original combo ( which is all guarenteed once BS WR B/CR B connects) with those two moves? (4k,a 6abb). It's not that they're terrible moves to use at some point in the match but why after that combo?

i figured since voldo is still in back stance when thats done. it simply LOOKED cool, but was skeptical on how good it was. and after that BS 6ABB it flips me back to normal and I can progress with 6:6B 236B type stuff. I for sure need a lot more time training with him, im really scrub with him at the moment. just trying to figure out what you guys think is safe etc.

EDIT: WARNING.....REALLY NOOB VOLDO QUESTION. while in his mantis stance how do you make him do the really really fast crawl move where he actually runs over down opps?

is it just me or when Voldo is in BS stance, he moves around really fast... like his 8WR seems superior to others

i figured since voldo is still in back stance when thats done. it simply LOOKED cool, but was skeptical on how good it was. and after that BS 6ABB it flips me back to normal and I can progress with 6:6B 236B type stuff. I for sure need a lot more time training with him, im really scrub with him at the moment. just trying to figure out what you guys think is safe etc.

EDIT: WARNING.....REALLY NOOB VOLDO QUESTION. while in his mantis stance how do you make him do the really really fast crawl move where he actually runs over down opps?

I'm not dissing BS 4k,a it's just if you use it to follow up that other combo they'd have to immediately get up. If they teched to left, right (I think even backwards) the move would whiff and leave you open. Or if htey just laid there and didn't get up, it'd whiff. And then the thing about the BS 6abb is that, again, if you *did* hit them with the BS 4k,a you'd have to wait for them to get up before you started the BS 6abb because, just like BS 4k,a, if you start the BS 6abb move while they're on the ground it won't hit them and htey'll have all the time in the world to get up and hit you from behind (or throw you) because you'll just keep on finishing the move in the wrong direction and it won't track. And if you *do* wait until they've already gotten up, you could use any number of moves at that point, so it's not as if either the BS 4k,a or the BS 6abb are great followups. Good moves, not good followups.

ALso, sidenote, if your opponent blocks the first a and b of BS 6abb they can guard impact the third hit, just to let you know.

And it's really simple, you just double tap forward while in mantis crawl head towards (or MCHT). You can do the same thing with MCFT but it won't knock them over if you connect (but it can be useful in certain combos as a way to ring people)

I'm not dissing BS 4k,a it's just if you use it to follow up that other combo they'd have to immediately get up. If they teched to left, right (I think even backwards) the move would whiff and leave you open. Or if htey just laid there and didn't get up, it'd whiff. And then the thing about the BS 6abb is that, again, if you *did* hit them with the BS 4k,a you'd have to wait for them to get up. And, just like BS 4k,a, if you start the BS 6abb move while they're on the ground it won't hit them and htey'll have all the time in the world to get up and hit you from behind (or throw you) because you'll just keep on finishing the move and it won't track.

see, thats perfect, thats what i needed to hear. Ill stick to the BS 1A or BS 1K mixups to keep them guessing. thanx man.

like i said before though, any other key moves that I really should focus on let me know. 2A+B236B is working nice, I love to 6A+B,K and the damn 236 options are sweet. Ive written down everyones top 10 move list to see if can play with em

I would be interested in some 236 strats

pro tip: 2A+B236B_K is a superb mixup. Even if they guard 2A+B, they still have to choose right on the followup and it can't be interrupted... but it could be GI'ed... therein lies the beauty... if they start to GI the crB or crK, you can simply delay it for CH dmg :D

If you have mastered the 236B and 236K after the 2A+B, you can also 236A+K to switch to the reverse BCR stance for easy access to BS WRB.

The options are nearly endless. see the combo below. 100+ dmg on that one.

Indeed. BS WR B/BS CR B, 1K, 2B+K, K is like, *the* staple combo for Voldo. (Shamefully, I didn't start using it until a few weeks ago). And what's great is not only can you initiate that from a few other moves (like that counter hit combo the above poster mentioned) but you can even get away with it without the first move if need be. Basically, anytime you connect with 1K, following it up with 2B+K, K is guarenteed damage.

1K and 1[K] are pimp. the move can be initiated from either stance, the 1[K] gets you safely into BS stance at close range... once dudes start to step 1K, start throwing them :)

Back