• No

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzle

[09] Warrior
Who else thinks this needs to happen?

I mean, come on, the way that Project Soul is ripping us off is unnacceptable.

What they should do, if they're not willing to release free DLC, is eventually make it free after a few months.

If you don't think Santa Rock is worth 150 microsoft points. .. you're playing the wrong fucking game.

I just want actual DLC that's worth buying. If NB puts out some good stuff for SC, I'd buy it, but I am not expecting NB to bring anything else out unless it is already on the disk, so this is pointless.

Unless you can convince people to stop paying for this shit, it's going to continue. And by people I mean the millions and millions of Call of Madden's Halo Gears Forza Grand Theft Motorsport 08 players to stop being fucking idiots. Odds are you're gonna fail.

Not to mention, this isn't the first time Namco has done this. Weren't they the publishers of Ace Combat something or other? I heard you had to pay 200 points for individual planes. SINGLE PLANES!

The only reason the DLC is in the game already is so that those who don't purchase it can still play against the people who did (i.e. it's already on their system).
There are ways around this - in Forza, a DLC car shows up simply as a standard "ghost" car that looks oddly like a sport compact. They could make your game recognize a DLC you haven't purchased as a standard costume you already have.

But that's the reasoning behind it. They have every right to charge for the additional content, however, the prices they are charging are inordinate. Hence, I have purchased only one piece of DLC (which is how I learned my lesson).

That's my opinion, though. I can't say that they're ripping people off, because 1) you don't need to buy it, and 2) clearly, people a lot of people are paying the asking price. So while I see it as a rip-off, it's a justifiable rip-off.

Unless you can convince people to stop paying for this shit, it's going to continue. And by people I mean the millions and millions of Call of Madden's Halo Gears Forza Grand Theft Motorsport 08 players to stop being fucking idiots. Odds are you're gonna fail.

Not to mention, this isn't the first time Namco has done this. Weren't they the publishers of Ace Combat something or other? I heard you had to pay 200 points for individual planes. SINGLE PLANES!

Actually, their biggest offense is Katamari on 360. You can't get the REAL ending unless you pay for DLC, you also cannot get 1000/1000 if you don't buy the extra levels since Astronomical Katamari achievement can only be completed on the Milky Way level (while the retail game ends with Pluto/Solar System).

I totally agree. I also think my PS3 should shoot out brownies whenever I perform a GI. Namco will surely address both of these pressing issues in 1.04.

Everyone wants free things. Grown people should realize that things aren't free just because you want them to be. Just because you're spoiled by bittorrent doesn't mean that companies shouldn't actively try to make a profit because you like free things.

Everyone wants free things. Grown people should realize that things aren't free just because you want them to be. Just because you're spoiled by bittorrent doesn't mean that companies shouldn't actively try to make a profit because you like free things.

But the problem is, Namco is making money off of DLC that isn't worth the money.

They should at least give us new modes and characters and charge for them.

I'd be more than willing to pay for stuff like that.

If its not worth the money, don't buy it. I don't think the wii is worth the money, but I don't think it should be free. Plenty of people are buying DLC's, so clearly its worth some money.

OK, as a hopefully future game developer:
We get to charge extra for extra content.

Namco is not charging for extra content: they are charging for unlock codes.
That's not allowed.

Your thread title is "all DLC." If there's some real new bonus characters, actual costume packs that are all new, new gameplay modes, I hope you are all willing to pay for new REAL content.

Fuck this costume bullshit. F minus.

Your thread title is "all DLC." If there's some real new bonus characters, actual costume packs that are all new, new gameplay modes, I hope you are all willing to pay for new REAL content.

If you'd read my last post, you'd know that's what I meant. Perhaps I should've named the thread something else.

Anyway, I already said I'd be willing to pay for new modes and characters. The CAS parts should be free, unless it's something like new movesets.

Meh, it's not like this matters. Namco's going to continue doing this as long as they make money off of it.

As it stands, this thread is pointless. Enough of my needless bitching.

Mods, close this topic, please.

I want free shit too, but if you really feel the need to have a santa outfit on your characters then you should just pay for it.

I want free shit too, but if you really feel the need to have a santa outfit on your characters then you should just pay for it.

I'm just saying, with what little there is to it, it may as well be free. I wouldn't mind NB charging for real content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back