Well...this is scary...

You can only hope that he can return. So I understand your feelings, but who else do you fancy in terms of favorite characters?

Welcome to 8wayrun Sorel!

Good to see you representing Raphael, not many people play him but in the right hands he can be a very challenging opponent! I actually started playing as Raphael and Kilik myself when I first got the game. Now im more of a fan of Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu.

You said you played offline mostly, believe me that's the best choice you could have done. Online often revolves around lag tactics too much to be a meaningful means of perfecting the game. Like Enkindu said you should really check out your offline community to see if there are other people in your area who also love Calibur and want to get some games in. Its crazy how much you can learn when you have a consistent offline partner.

We'll you seem to be pretty set on other information, but please if you have any concerns or need any questions answered send me, Enkindu or any of the other members here a personal message and we'll be more than willing help you out.

Enjoy!!

Pocky-Yoshi- No one, LOL! The main reason I dislike so many of the others is the fact that they make way too much noise. Stupid reason, I know, but it's annoying. I think the top most annoying character where a lot of pointless noise-making is concerned would be Talim. I really, really don't like fighting against her--not because she's a challenge, but because she's just annoying. Raphael doesn't make a whole lot of noise and what noises he does make sound like snarls and growls, neither embarrassing or annoying in my opinion. ;)

Senzait- Thanks. Yoshimitsu is funny, I'll admit. His noises are more comical than they are annoying. I like fighting against him, but I can't see myself playing as him. He's way too...silly, LOL! Honestly, he reminds me of Clopin from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame. XD

It seems like lagging is the big issue with online gaming (from what I've heard anyway). It's a lot of fun to get some buddies together (offline) and just take turns beating the snot out of each other. Did that for 5 hours straight the other night, haha!

Wasn't sure where to post this question, so I'll stick it here. Okay, playing last night, I'm not sure what triggered it, but Raphael moved as though he were about to pull a Critical Finish and all this greenish glowy things adhered to him, then he was glowing greenish yellow for a while but nothing out of the ordinary happened. I've also seen the same thing happen to Xianghua and Asteroth before. What does that mean and what causes it?

First up, what did you do as a Raphael? I can't really understand what you're doing. Unless you're playing special versus and/or story mode for instance. In any case, please get into more detail and I'll do my best to help you =). As for the Yoshi ish, I am without a doubt probably one of the funniest Yoshis you will ever face.

Haha, I was playing around with Yoshimitsu the other day (actually using him) and he has some bizarre moves. I like how he perches on his swords and swings off them with a kick then does his little helicopter thing. XD

Anyway, I was just in regular versus I think and I was beating the snot out of my buddy using the same tactics I have always used. I'll try to pay better attention to the conditions and circumstances next time I trigger that...if it ever happens again, LOL!

Reason for the title, I am notoriously horrible at all things video game related. Honestly, I am one of those players who will press every button on the controller and hope for the best. However, with Soul Calibur, it's very different. I know exactly what I'm doing!

Much to the annoyance of opponents, I only use one character. I have mastered most of Raphael's moves and he is always my top choice fighter. His fighting style is pretty impressive and I run the clock out with him more often than not (another thing that annoys opponents). Also, there are certain evasive maneuvers that, when coupled with aggressive attacks, really get people frustrated. All in all, I like Raphael's longevity in the ring and he makes cool noises even when he takes a hit.

One move of his I have seen done but cannot figure out how to do is apparently a combo move where he rushes the opponent and strikes the "Time to perish!" move (Y on XBox360), then he follows up by leaping into the air and striking the opponent with both heels. It looks really cool and I think it's the one move I have yet to pull off.
Hold the "Y Time to perish move" and press kick move (idk if its B, i have ps3) And this comes from a non Raphael expert. ^^

Wasn't sure where to post this question, so I'll stick it here. Okay, playing last night, I'm not sure what triggered it, but Raphael moved as though he were about to pull a Critical Finish and all this greenish glowy things adhered to him, then he was glowing greenish yellow for a while but nothing out of the ordinary happened. I've also seen the same thing happen to Xianghua and Asteroth before. What does that mean and what causes it?

Sounds like you did an Auto-GI move. Probably with 4A+B. Check out Raphaels Frame Data for this move and how it works. You'll find it under the Simultaneous Press section. It basically GI's your opponents attack when timed properly. Once you see the green flash for the GI, press B to execute the guaranteed attack.

Kevin- Thanks for the tip. :) As of yet, I still haven't successfully triggered that move. -_-

Ekindu- I read through all that frame data (which is put together very nicely, by the way) and I have one question: what does GI stand for? I want to guess "guard impact"?

Ekindu- I read through all that frame data (which is put together very nicely, by the way) and I have one question: what does GI stand for? I want to guess "guard impact"?
Then you have "Just Impacts", a.k.a. a perfectly timed GI, they flash red instead of green and people get really pissed when you do a JI counter such as a well timed Mitsurugi's RLC A+B+K

I figure its useless unless you have a counter move like that. Some characters have a skill that just has an auto-GI on it but does no attack, and leaves it up to the user to input something quick to attack with.

Back