Weshookhands' CAS shenanigans

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
I've just been looking through your thread here, @weshookhands and re-acquainting myself with some of your more creative designs, and I have to say, I think you might be one of this community's more underappreciated top-tier designers: your output may not be huge, but everything you upload just drips with class and creativity and smart little idiosyncratic choices. And those decisions even extend to details such as how you present your content. You're another creator I'm hoping we'll see more of in 2021!

Last edited:

weshookhands

[11] Champion
I've just been looking through your thread here, @weshookhands and re-acquainting myself with some of your more creative designs, and I have to say, I think you might be one of this community's more underappreciated top-tier designers: your output may not be huge, but everything you upload just drips with class and creativity and smart little idiosyncratic choices. And those decisions even extend to details such as how you present your content. You're another creator I'm hoping we'll see more of in 2021!
Thank you very much for your elaborate feedback! It feels quite validating to know that my efforts haven't gone unnoticed after all :)

So as I've been re-engaging much more with gameplay itself lately, I've become a bit negligent of my thread and mostly post outfits for my two mains.
While I do keep creating outfits (and keep tweaking the ones I've posted), at some point I realized that I would create characters for the purpose o being looked at on 8WR rather than for myself. Which is why I shifted focus.

I have a couple of unposted creations up my sleeve, but playing the game and enjoying myself now has a higher priority. I have a few days off, so if I get bored, maybe I'll post some of the more recent ones.

Thanks again and keep it up!

Rusted Blade

[14] Master
Thank you very much for your elaborate feedback! It feels quite validating to know that my efforts haven't gone unnoticed after all :)

So as I've been re-engaging much more with gameplay itself lately, I've become a bit negligent of my thread and mostly post outfits for my two mains.
While I do keep creating outfits (and keep tweaking the ones I've posted), at some point I realized that I would create characters for the purpose o being looked at on 8WR rather than for myself. Which is why I shifted focus.

I have a couple of unposted creations up my sleeve, but playing the game and enjoying myself now has a higher priority. I have a few days off, so if I get bored, maybe I'll post some of the more recent ones.

Thanks again and keep it up!
Well, we all know that cycle. For me, although I can appreciate that it is a fairly deep game, mechanically, I just haven't "synced" (for lack of a better term) with SCVI's gameplay experience to the same extent I have with most past titles in the franchise: I won't belabor the point by discussing all of the little factors that cause this, but suffice it to say, my play began to fall off before this last year, and the DLC drops do bring me back for some play consistently, but not for long. The upshot of this is that when I do end up loading up the game, I often quickly gravitate to creation after a small number of matches, and I think at this point I've created more creations for SCVI than I have for the past four CaS titles combined.

And for what it's worth, I don't think creating content with the primary objective of others seeing it is necessarily a vain or invalid purpose for creations. :) In fact, because my 100 save slots were exhausted a long time ago, many of my creations don't stay long enough in my roster to be seen in competitive play very much--so in that sense, they are made almost exclusively for 8WR's eyes. Well, that and the primary purpose of just enjoying the process and bringing the concept to life, that is!

But all of that said, I totally remember what it's like when one really is taken with the gameplay and the balance of time spent with the game leans much more heavily in that direction: sometimes it can me impossible to get to CaS when you are having fits of fun with your main. By all means, you should definitely be putting your emphasis where your enjoyment is highest: I just hope we'll see the return of some of your creativity at some point in the not-too-distant future!

weshookhands

[11] Champion
Happy and Healthy Easter everyone!

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210403103226.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210403103123.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210403102852.jpg
bunny.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210403101239.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210403101628.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210403101550.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20210403102452.jpg