What items do you miss from previous CAS (SCIII/SCIV)?

Kai_lombax

[13] Hero
Well, while I was messing around in CAS in SCV, I was wondering what it would be like if they kept all the equipment from SCIV in SCV. I'm pretty sure it would have been awesome but still, just got me thinking.

So my question here is if you could choose 6 outfits from both the male & female equipment from SCIV to be included in SCV as DLC, which ones would you choose? And if you're up for it, what 6 items would you choose from SCIII's CAS?

Here's what I would choose. = )

SCIV Edition
Males
-Raphael's 2P: I always found myself using the duelist pants and boots the most and it would have been awesome if they kept the set.
-Maxi's 1P: I'm sure everyone here knows how much I loved Maxi's 1P outfit in the this game so I'll just leave it at, I so wish they kept this. xD
-Yoshimitsu's 2P: The Asura set rocked. I found myself always using the Asura boots & gauntlets the most but the whole outfit was great and very useful. :)
-Zasalamel's 2P: The Death set was quite cool. I always found myself using the pants thee most.
-Yun Seong (Both): I thought both were pretty cool though I didn't own Broken Destiny myself so I didn't get to use his 1P at all but if I had the chance, I know I would be using it. His noble set was quite cool though they did keep the Noble Garment in the game, only less detailed and excluding the fur cut off sleeves.)
-Rock 2P: Mostly for the Hero's belt. If they kept that in the game, I so could have used it on my Native American character. lol

Females
-Amy: The Night Butterfly set was quite nice. I liked the dress a lot.
-Ivy's 2P: The Belle outfit may not have looked good on Ivy in my opinion but for CAS, it was awesome. I mostly found myself using the Belle boots, gloves, & skirt quite a lot.
-Seong Mina's 2P: I really liked the coat. Didn't care much about the spaulder & underwear but the coat and boots rocked. :)
-Xianghua (Both): The outfits looked nice and worked nicely for Chinese characters. Like Maxi, I didn't own Broken Destiny but I could see myself using her 1P look. ^_^)
-Taki (Both): I liked the Kunoichi robes and if I did have the option, I would also use her 1P bodysuit. I liked the added fishnet design to the outfit.
-Hilde (Both): Hilde has some of the best armor in my opinion for female characters. And the princess outfit was very nice too.

if you could choose 6 outfits from both the male & female equipment from SCIV to be included in SCV as DLC, which ones would you choose? And if you're up for it, what 6 items would you choose from SCIII's CAS?
SC4
- all of them
- all of them
- all of them
- all of them
- all of them
- all of them

SC3
- all of them
- all of them
- all of them
- all of them
- all of them
- pirate's jacket

*sigh* I miss the Paladin set from SC4 so bad (Sieg 2p)
Sure, the face sticking through the collar was outright fugly but now that everything clips, it'll fit right in ;)
Amy's Night Butterfly set. Absolutely. Good for the stockings and the dress.
Soph's Goddess set. The fauld was great and it was multipurpose.
Duelist set. Like Kai said, for the pants mostly :) Besides, it included one of the most abused jackets in SC4's history, bring it back for the nostalgia of all its subsequent crappy Sephiroths XD
Death set. Pants again. Trust me, you can never have too many pants.
Cass 2p Anyone notice how the hairband gets buried under the hair? Defeats the purpose XD The jacket however, was very fun to color.

I hated Cass's headband for that.

I miss Taki's SC3 outfit the most, especially her mask. I've made a weak approximation of it with the spy mask and some tribal sticker, but it's not the same, and the dragon mask looks terrible. Her SC4 tights with the fishnet were her best tights ever.

I also miss the Belle skirt. That was my favorite one.

Pascuzzi took the easy way out, tsk tsk tsk. As agreeable as that is though, I do have my own preferences.

III:
-The witch items. Sure, we've still got bastardized versions of most of the gear left but that op was awesome. Sexy and stylish as hell. Couldn't argue with the swallow-tail back, now Violamy wants it for her own if her hood is any indication.

-"Demonic" samurai items. These things were pretty stylish. Right now I believe all we have in V is the helmet, but the body armor was the best. It was also lacking in IV, with only the gauntlets and upper torso armor being present---and the upper torso armor could only be used in conjunction with a kimono it was stuck to unless your character happened to be named Aeon Calcos Lizardman ;_;

Wish I could remember more from it.

IV:
-Siegfried's 2P/'paladin' gear
-Nightmare's 2P gear
-the uniform
-Yoshi's 2P/'Asura' gear

-Sophitia's 2P/'goddess' gear
-Ashlotte's gear
-Scheherazade's gear
-Shura's gear

Since most of the SCIV CAS gear was recycled from III, bad, or 2P gear...Yeah. Ashlotte, Scheherazade, and Shura have some interesting costumes though. Shameful there is zero chance of using any of them.

EDIT: Lol, tag fail.

I can't talk much about SCIII, but Berserker's armor was very cool.

Now, as for SCIV...

Sets:
  • Paladin set.
  • Goddess set.
  • Hero set.
  • Guardian set.
  • Cassandra's set.
  • Nightmare set.
Individual pieces:
  • Great Helm (Templar).
  • Leviathan Gauntlets.
  • Death's trousers.
  • Belle's Gauntlets.
  • Dueler's jacket.
  • Nightmare Helm - Agony.

Well to be more elaborate...
In SC4 I used Xianghua's 2p alot ^^ Before SC5 came out I had used the stocking or legging or whatever for my custom Pyrrha wannabe xD;;
Hm I also loved Hilde's 2p hair ://o It sucks they kept her hairstyle but made it have tons of volume in the back. I think the hair looks dumb now. I use fairy curls more often cus of that ...-_-;

The Kos-Mos outfit and that gradient-fade outfit Xianghua had are what I miss most. Oh and the Priestes hood and previous Princess items.
The males have never had anything to be proud of. :/

I'll make my list whenever I feel like opening up my old CAS. x3

Pascuzzi took the easy way out, tsk tsk tsk.
OK OK FINE
When it comes to these kinds of questions, I try to stray away from providing specifics in hopes that someone at PS strolls along and says to him/herself, "we should turn all of those into DLC," instead of, "we should turn these into DLC." That's kind of a pipe dream, though, so in the spirit of proper thread participation, here's a more legitimate wishlist.

Cepheus Store Men's Department
SC3
- pirate's jacket
- leather tunic
- scarf
- thief's belt
- shoulder armor
- shogun's vest

SC4
- dueler's jacket (if compatible with an undershirt of some kind)
- dueler's slacks
- paladin's cuirass (without the exposed midriff)
- asura tasset
- hero's breastplate
- noble boots

Cepheus Store Women's Department
SC3
- gown
- scarf
- hawk talon
- dancer's blouse
- type-x gloves
- noble's shoes

SC4
- atalanta's jacket
- priestess mantle
- velvet jacket
- santa boots
- princess dress
- drum corps' jacket

I really, REALLY miss the princess dress from 4. If I had that I wouldn't be able to get it off my characters.
From 3, I miss the long tied hair, and the Alchemist dress. The off the shoulder dress just isn't doing it for me, it doesn't have the long elegant sleeves or the one leg showing. It just... Bothers me for reasons unknown.
Oh, and the Belle set from 4.

Haha awesome answers guys, lots of interesting and nostalgic ones. :)

Um I'll go ahead and post what I would have liked to see from SCIII in the format that Pascuzzi used. :)

SC3
- Bandit's Shoulders
- Thief Belt
- Enchanted Boots
-Styled Back Hairstyle
- Edgemaster's Beard
- Barbarian Belt

Cepheus Store Women's Department
SC3
- Pirate's Jacket
- Stringed Boots
-Gambler's Robe
-Medium Length Hairstyle
-Geisha Hairstyle
-Dancer's Jacket

And just for the heck of it since I'm feeling nostalgic, I'll post SCIII character outfits. Feel free to do the same if you'd like :D

Cepheus Store Women's Department (BONUS)

- Cassandra 2p (Possibly my favorite outfit for Cassandra. The Athenian Gladiator theme it had rocked and I would have loved to see it be used for CAS.)
- Amy 1p/2p (I always loved her dress here. It would be awesome to use it!)
-Talim 1p & 2p (Too hard to decide, they both were great and could make nice outfits for ethnic characters)
-Tira 2p (Mostly for the boots but the whole outfit is nice.)
- Setsuka 1p & 2p (Like Talim, too hard to decide. But her 1p kimono was bad ass and I loved her okobo sandals. Her 2p pants were gorgeous and the sandal heeled boots were cool too. :D)
-Seong Mina 2p (Mostly for the pants <3)

SC3
- Zasalamel 1p (Loved the outfit and I hate when people say it was ripped off from Assassin's Creed when he came out long before the series did. I just liked it a lot and I was disappointed it didn't come as DLC...)
- Siegfried 1p & 2p (Honestly liked both a lot and I would have loved to see them as DLC.)
- Cervantes 1p (I love midriff exposing clothing for guys and I liked Cervantes' midriff exposing top. The boots were wicked too... <3)
-Voldo 1p (I like BDSM leather clothing and his SC3 outfit was one of my favorites. <3)
- Kilik 1p (Mostly for the boots and waist sash ^^)
- Yun Seong 1p (Mostly for the cropped jacket <3)

SCIV Individual Pieces
-Nightbutterfly Stockings
-Belle Boots
-Frilled Dame (Setsuka's 2P top)
-Princess Dress
-Bong Seong Coat
-Velvet Jacket

-Paladin Cuirass
-Dueler's Pants
-Executioner Fauld
-Caretaker's Suit
-Asura Boots
-Usurper's Breastplate

But in truth, I would have liked EVERYTHING to make it into DLC. xD It's so difficult choosing because every item could be made useful. :D

Here's a question: what items from previous CaS modes cannot be remade in the current iteration? For example, in SC4, they gave us all those different kimonos to provide different patterns an textures. We can't recreate things like the velvet jacket from SC4 or the pirate's jacket from SC3, though.

Back