What made Link bottom tier?

SarahPaiFan

[08] Mercenary
I know his moveset was unsafe and his throws were one of the only good things about him. But what also made Link bottom tier in the Gamecube version of Soul Calibur 2?

Extremely linear moveset, in a game where movement and stepping trumped everythign else.

he was very linear and easy to step on the majority of moves and with a game like sc2 where step is god thats like the kiss of death

edit: fucking jaxel posted right before i did

Didn't Heartnana make a guide and like to be known as the person who broke Link... I know someone did but since the database clearing it isn't there. I thought it was something like people realized how to punish with Links crap items more effectively towards the end of SCIIs life.

Are there any videos of pro link play? I would be interested to see some pro heihachi and spawn play as well, while we are at it.

Sigh, poor Link. In every fighting game he's in, he's low tier.
Except toon link! in smash bros brawl :p but eh he doesn't really count as in the link we're talking about...yeah in smash bros link is just god awful with that spinning recovery move that barely gets him on the edge......

Except toon link! in smash bros brawl :p but eh he doesn't really count as in the link we're talking about...yeah in smash bros link is just god awful with that spinning recovery move that barely gets him on the edge......
Uhmmm. Link has awesome recovery!!! That's like Link's best thing in Melee

Watch this.

Are there any videos of pro link play? I would be interested to see some pro heihachi and spawn play as well, while we are at it.

You will never see it because those characters were banned in tourney play due to the impossibility of fighting each other on the same system. Link lacked a lot of stuff like good horizontals and damage, spawn.. i don't know if anyone actually explored spawn, I know a lot of his moves are aeon's (worst) moves now, and heihachi was broke because 9KK, if you blocked the first hit, you couldn't block the second, you could only jump it due to a glitch in the blockstun. I think his EWGF was also + on block... and a mid. lol.

For the record, MLG tried to run a tourney allowing all consoles and link/hei/spawn players had to rotate consoles to play each other. It was the worst god damn experience of my life watching all these scrubs hold up a tourney for 4 hours in the loser's bracket.

Sides, it's all about NECRID.

Back