When to start playing with another character?

Mandy

Yes, a guy.
I searched this; I apologize if I used the wrong terms in the search bar.

Since SCV was in development and I heard that Sophitia would be no more, I really didn't stress when I learned Pyrrha was going to be in the game. But after playing for a while, not only do I not like her personality, I don't like the differences in overall play style from SCIV. I've messed with PO, Patroklos, and Aeon, but none of them really feel right for me like Sophie did.

I don't punish very well, and I really don't like to play as defensively as most POs like to play. Apparently I'm also horrible at timing many tech-crouches (which is one of the Pyrrha strong points).

I've been some dabbling with Astaroth, and he feels pretty good, but I wouldn't mind a faster character. I've been considering Voldo, Mitsurugi, or maybe even Astaroth as new mains; I really would like to play someone with good mix-ups, and easy to execute combos (I play on the pad, and I've had troubles doing DNS B consistently).

Suggestions and anecdotes are welcome. I've considered sticking with PO, but as always, the grass always seems greener on the other side. I've put a lot of effort into Pyrrha, and I just don't feel like I can play her at the highest level (my life goal is beating my set online rivals (Ruben(258), SSNORT me imdop3, and jaCk eN kiLL)

TL;DR
When should you drop your main for another character?

I searched this; I apologize if I used the wrong terms in the search bar.

Since SCV was in development and I heard that Sophitia would be no more, I really didn't stress when I learned Pyrrha was going to be in the game. But after playing for a while, not only do I not like her personality, I don't like the differences in overall play style from SCIV. I've messed with PO, Patroklos, and Aeon, but none of them really feel right for me like Sophie did.

I don't punish very well, and I really don't like to play as defensively as most POs like to play. Apparently I'm also horrible at timing many tech-crouches (which is one of the Pyrrha strong points).

I've been some dabbling with Astaroth, and he feels pretty good, but I wouldn't mind a faster character. I've been considering Voldo, Mitsurugi, or maybe even Astaroth as new mains; I really would like to play someone with good mix-ups, and easy to execute combos (I play on the pad, and I've had troubles doing DNS B consistently).

Suggestions and anecdotes are welcome. I've considered sticking with PO, but as always, the grass always seems greener on the other side. I've put a lot of effort into Pyrrha, and I just don't feel like I can play her at the highest level (my life goal is beating my set online rivals (Ruben(258), SSNORT me imdop3, and jaCk eN kiLL)

TL;DR
When should you drop your main for another character?

It's not a question of when, it's a question of who.

Play through everyone, one per day at least. The worst thing you can get is learn more matchup knowledge, which isn't a bad thing at all.

That being said, I find Pyr hella fun. Basic goddess. :D

From what you say I deduce your more or less like me, so I strongly recommend you Nightmare is someway like Astarogh but faster.

If you don't like him use Mitsurugi.

Go for Mitsu. Easy to pick up and learn, very flexible when spacing and zoning, can pressure opponents into his good mixup game. Solid pokes, strong wall combos. You can execute his moves pretty simply too if that is what you are looking for.

The answer to that question is whenever you have to ask "when do I move to a new main" is when you should move to a new main. =) Clearly you don't like whoever you're using right now so it's time to change it up.

Go for Mitsu. Easy to pick up and learn, very flexible when spacing and zoning, can pressure opponents into his good mixup game. Solid pokes, strong wall combos. You can execute his moves pretty simply too if that is what you are looking for.

Luneth hit the nail on the head there, Mitsu's probably the best character to go with for the kind of features you're looking for in a new main.

Back