where is the bigger online community? (xbl or psn)

Ashesfall

[08] Mercenary
hi,

i have a xbox and a ps3 so no fanboy here.
for me is the question where is the bigger community?
i play tekken6 on ps3 and i also have it for xbox and the psn has the bigger community.
if you dont know it, for which console do you buy SCV?

ps: maybe refer to sc4
pss: i only have tekken on xbox because i wanted the 1000gs and i love tekken so hard xD

I prefer XBL because the headsets are usually of a decent quality or better, and the overall live component is better than the ps3's. Given the choice between the two, as I have a ps3 as well, I'd choose xbox360 everytime. Movie night aside :P

oh my problem is i am a pad player. (works well for tekken - see rip (pro law gamer))
(we all knows, the xbox pad sucks to play fighting games - but sure if psn is bad for sc5 i would buy the new silver pad)
so if it is about the same i stick to the ps3 version i pre-ordered also my friends there are only fighters from tekken. :)

i got a question there. on xbox you can install like every game. can you install sc5 like you can do it for tekken6 on ps3?

PSN has more big names.

Well that might not be entirely true. If you're on the East coast you might have a playable connection with the French, but all the big American players are on PSN.

Based on my SC4 experiences having both versions during it's prime:

Xbox360:
+Higher Quantity of Players
+Better Connections
+More People use Headsets
+Better Interface (+you can play your own music off the HDD)

PS3:
+Higher Quality of Players
+Free Online

And of course there is the controller issue, but that depends on the person. It's a non issue for arcade stick players and some people actually prefer the 360 pad over the PS3.

you play sc5 p2p right? like in tekken6
so i dont see why the connection should be a different

if you play sc5 on ms servers or sony servers i can see a different because psn is free

It depends on the game, so it's not a psn issue.
Not really it depends on the user. I buy most if not all my fighting games on the PS3 unfortunately to many PS3 players use a wireless connection. 360 consoles have just started being made with a wireless connection which is a good thing because your going to find a lot less people on LIVE with a wireless connection.

So no console plays better online it all depends on you and your opponents connection. When you pay for LIVE or PSN+ your not getting improved online play your paying for features and paying to play online.

Does anyone even play SC4 online anymore on XBL? I just tried playing a little SC4 online on the PS3 and there were still a lot of people.

As for XBL vs. PSN connection quality, I doubt there is a difference given a set of people playing on the PS3 and 360 on the same connections. However, it would make sense that the general population of the Xbox will have a better connection on average then the PS3 users to the internet. This would be especially true for US vs US, as most Xbox users are in the US. So for random match making, I assume the 360 might have a better experience online, but vs friend or specific person, you will probably experience no difference hopping between PSN/XBL.

Simple really when it comes to Fighting games PSN has the best community holds the majority of best fighters, its all to do with the upbringing.

When it comes to shooting game sxbox has the slight advantage...

Fighters on the xbox are terrible

First off I am biased but here's my reasonings

XBL

Pros
- more players
- Less Internet problems - Wired versus Wireless debate.

Cons
- controller (personally I think the X controller is a lot worse for fighting games. It's great for shooters but I think the PS3 controller works better for fighters. This could be a pro or a con but for me it is a con. I absolutely hate the 360 controllers because not only do they not feel right but at times the controllers will stick when playing a fighting game.
- more players (this is a double-edged sword) although you are likely able to constantly find people to play against the majority of those players will be of lesser quality as the supposedly better players play on the PSN. You are also likely to see more CaS with a 360 because of the vast amount of players and the paid subscription
- paid subscription which you can't do anything online without it. all they really do is charge you for things that should be free to begin with.
- more headsets. anyone who has tried to play any game with a headset and not using them between friends knows that you are more likely than not to get an extremely annoying person on the other line. For some games headsets are not all that bad but for fighting games it can be annoying.

PSN

pros
- Free Online
- Better Players (if this remains true from IV)

Cons
- Better Players (this can be the double-edged sword for PSN users) the fact that the majority of people who played SCIV on the PS3 were of higher quality than some of the players on the 360 means that people just starting out with the game are likely to run into some of these players and are likely to get slaughtered and may lose motivation to play.
- Internet (the internet may be free) but because of this the internet connection is often worse than the 360 if only because most people do not pay for higher quality internet. There does seem to be more lag but V is not out yet so this may have changed.

I could continue but I'll just stop you can figure out most of this with just this. They are about even although there are probably more players (or will be) on the 360 over the PS3 simply because of shooters and the like. I think 360 will likely have more casual players in some cases. The best players though usually play offline so it doesn't fully matter. If you are looking for a bigger community then go XBL if you are looking for a smaller, tight-nit, and high quality players you should probably look at PSN. It's that simple really.

Determine what type of player you are or want to be first. Are you casual, casual-hardcore, competitive, or what? This will determine which is better for you.

Back