Which feature would you rather have?

Which feature would you rather have?

• Total voters

Ryder

[09] Warrior
As in the title. We'd probably all love to have them all in, but working in game development industry, I know how it really works: It's always one or the other. Let's make it clear for Bamco, what is your pick, if you could have only one?

I’d definitely say weapon master. I never got the appeal with Team battle and CotS while cool, I don’t think would have enough longevity or progression for casuals to keep interested.

Choosing between team battle and chronicles was really hard. I leaned team battle in the end since it has hypothetically infinite replay value

I don't think Team Battle mode is really comparable to WMM or CotS in terms of content.

WMM requires that they design lots of special match conditions, design lots of alternate weapons, balance them all for difficulty, and create a menu interface that makes sense for that. CotS requires them to design a bunch of maps, generic enemies, a level-up system and balance it all for difficulty.

Team Battle is just versus, but the character changes at the end of the round. Admittedly, it does get way trickier if it's online. But the point remains: significantly less content is required to implement this mode.

I think team battle should just be a function rather than a mode itself. It can and always had existed in storymode and single player, but just not as a selectable option for versus battles. I can't choose it over a thorough game mode.

As to game modes I think COTS was just better. More depth to its mechanics and requirements. Weapon Master was pretty much a static precursor to COTS by comparison.

Last edited:
They could be together, but it costs resources to make them and cuts are inevitable.

Since I haven't state it yet, I'm all for Weapon Master, as it's a feature that may carry over to online play and diversify it nicely.

Chronicles of the Sword were great, but oh well, a very close second.

Chronicles. 100%. Every time.
Although... CotS was good, because it was good. A low effort, low quality CotS would be worthless.

Last edited:
Unless there is some form of tag mechanism for team battle, its kind of pointless and easily simulated with separate matches. Now, if there is some of tag mechanism or mixing, that would be perfect.

Back