Which SC is the Best?

Samurai Showdown is the best SC.
Bushido_Blade_2_Coverart.png

Did you just say Samurai Showdown? That's an SNK game, and not developed by Namco. Also, Bushido Blade is also not a part of the Soul Series either. Sorry to tell you this, though.
No, no, I should be the one apologizing for my bad jokes and poorly delivered irony.

SCII/V for core game balance and multiplayer.
SCIII for single player experience.

When your favorite game in the series is SC2, it's a sure sign you didn't play it with any degree of proficiency. I was using that game as a coaster, because it was more exciting using it to hold my iced tea than to play.

My friend has an arcade machine for SC2. Game is still badass. I never thought of SC2 as a tournament game. It's a fighting game sure, but not every fighting game is tournament worthy.

Best SC in the series mechanic wise IMO is SC3. SCV is still new, I liked SC4 when it was new, grew to fuckin hate it the more I got familiar with it's mechanics. SC4 was so bad it made appreciate SC3 a game I was loathed with an incredible HATE.

SCV has plenty of room to be terrible. None of my mains are in it for one. I reserve judgment.

SC3 and 4 are my favorites. I'm talking about content and art here.

SC3 is what I call the "evolution" in a game series. It balances new modes and reinvents the series through content. Even though SC3 was super unbalanced, broken as hell, it was a damn good game.

SC4 was my first PS3 game. I fell in love with the new graphics, music, and overall art of the game. It's major drawback was the content, SC3 offered a lot more.

My SC ranks:

1)SC3
2)SC4
3)SC2
4)SC1
5)SC5
6)SB

When your favorite game in the series is SC2, it's a sure sign you didn't play it with any degree of proficiency. I was using that game as a coaster, because it was more exciting using it to hold my iced tea than to play.
You have to admit that it's held up for a long time. There are still people who run tournaments on it. Is that so with any of the other soul games?

So which one is your favorite?

You have to admit that it's held up for a long time. There are still people who run tournaments on it. Is that so with any of the other soul games?

So which one is your favorite?

It held up because there was nothing else to play. You know what SC2's competition among 3d games was at the time? Tekken 4. I can't exaggerate enough here- I mean Jaxel smashed his copy of the game so he wouldn't ever have to play it again after SC2 was over.

The people who are still hung up on it probably never reached the degree of proficiency which ruined the fucking game. Most of the system changes people cry about in modern SC games are an attempt to GET RID OF the shit in SC2 which was detrimental to the play experience.

I think that is a strong enough statement on it's own.

As for me, I don't take up things like "Best" because it's a subjective circle jerk. I just hate nostalgia glassed ignorant rambling.

It is MY OPINION that SC2 was a fun game for me to play. Rather that means I wasnt smart enough or proficient enough to understand the meaning of life at the time, so be it. I enjoyed playing that game so fuck you!!

Who the Fuck is Idlemind??

lol, This. So much.

I mean, I enjoyed the game, it was fun; But it's sure far from being the best.

It is MY OPINION that SC2 was a fun game for me to play. Rather that means I wasnt smart enough or proficient enough to understand the meaning of life at the time, so be it. I enjoyed playing that game so fuck you!!

Who the Fuck is Idlemind??

Dave, you are entitled to your opinion, but the question raised was "which SC is the BEST", not which SC is your favorite, or which SC did you have the most fun with.

SC is the BEST"

Ther very question itself is presented in a "opinion oriented answer" type thing to begine with. But you coming in here all pussy on fire telling people that

It held up because there was nothing else to play. You know what SC2's competition among 3d games was at the time? Tekken 4. I can't exaggerate enough here- I mean Jaxel smashed his copy of the game so he wouldn't ever have to play it again after SC2 was over.

The people who are still hung up on it probably never reached the degree of proficiency which ruined the fucking game. Most of the system changes people cry about in modern SC games are an attempt to GET RID OF the shit in SC2 which was detrimental to the play experience.

I think that is a strong enough statement on it's own.

As for me, I don't take up things like "Best" because it's a subjective circle jerk. I just hate nostalgia glassed ignorant rambling.

"

It basically implies that other peoples opinions are shit compared to what you think. And if a certain person likes something that you dont agree with.....well we all know how you handle it.

So why dont you let people have an opinion without shitting on it.

So why dont you let people have an opinion without shitting on it?

Because I take issue with people interspersing false "facts" with their opinion and perpetuating false stereotypes about games which are provably untrue. This in turn leads to more and more crying over "the good old days" bullshit which leads us to things we BOTH hate, like "waaah where is my favorite character" or "waaaah this game was balanced/best even though I didn't play it" kinds of groupthink which kill people who are on the fence or who want to see what the newer products are about.

I will bet you all the Mexicans in Texas some opinionated jerk telling his friends SC5 is "unbalanced unlike SC2" or some other horseshit has lost SC5 more sales than me being a dick to people (which telling the truth) on these message boards.

Mine are all mixed really...

Story-wise: SCII & SCIII
Gameplay-wise: SCII & SCIV
Single Player Modes: SCIII (by far)
Music-wise: SCI, SCII, SCIII, SCV
Character Design: SCII & SCIII

And with Norik34's comment, I will agree, SCII wasn't that great but I'm going with what I enjoyed. I got stuck on SCII for a year, it really was a fun game to play with friends and the single player modes were good too. I guess I'll just go with SCIII as my all time favorite. Yeah, it was glitchy and such but it was just... I can't explain it. So many modes to keep you busy, lots of unlockables (including shop content), gameplay was fun (in my opinion). Yeah, me & my brother were hooked on this game for a long time.

SCV really did have potential and for me, it's fun to play sometimes but it gets a little boring sometimes. Course, I don't have online so that might be a key factor lol. But still, in my opinion, it's not the best of the series but it's not all that bad. I'm hoping that SCVI will be awesome! (if there is one)

Back