Which Soul Calibur game is the best? (updated)

Pick your poison

• Soul Edge/Blade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soul Calibur I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soul Calibur II

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Soul Calibur III/Arcade Edition

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Soul Calibur IV

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Soul Calibur V

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Soul Calibur Lost Swords

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

subsmoke

[10] Knight
Since the other thread is five years old I thought I'd do a new one. What's your current fav SC game? Mine is 2 but Edge, 1 and 3 AE are all awesome too. 5 is the only one I didn't really like because of the roster changes and bare single player. 4 was decent but also kind of lacking in the single player area too. Lost Swords was alright but a good example of why 1 player only fighting games don't work and I wasn't a big fan the Pay 2 Win style either.

Last edited:
Gameplay: Soulcalibur 2.
Single player content: Soulcalibur 3.
Nostalgia: Soul Blade.

It's a tie between SC2 & SC3 for me.

SCIV also holds a special place in my heart cause, even tho online wasn't the best, it was the first game that allowed me to meet & play with SC fans from all over the world. It also had a fantastic roster and some of the best costumes in the series. I played it from 2009 (got it a year late :( ) to 2012 almost non-stop.

If there were more options, I'd go for SCIII and SCV. But since there is only one, I say SCIII, which always was my personal favourite. I know that most of the competitive community here hates it, but I love it, because the story is great, there's a shit ton of modes, which I enjoy and even the first CaS is good.

But even to me SCV just plays better. And the CaS is amazing. But that's about all I like about SCV....

I was about to vote SC LS just for a laugh but nah SC5 all the way for me.

onlne saved that game for me and probably for alot of people aswell

If it wasn't for its online I probably wouldn't be on these forums today

Last edited:
Back