Who Can Tell You What To Say?

Further to the point, what the hell is being offended anyway? Oh, something upset you? Get over it.

I've been called homophobic for describing something as 'gay' - I live with my boyfriend.

I'm a homophobic sucker of dick. How does that work please?
That's gay.

Further to the point, what the hell is being offended anyway? Oh, something upset you? Get over it.

I've been called homophobic for describing something as 'gay' - I live with my boyfriend.

I'm a homophobic sucker of dick. How does that work please?

On the subject of the word 'gay',

I use it to describe something that is totally lame, unjustified, unnecessary, and unwanted. When I describe a person as 'being totally gay', I am referring of course to their anal-retentiveness, snobbery, and nit-picketedness.

I think South Park said it best when they said that annoying bikers with LOUD AS FUCK, HARLEY'S were total and complete faggots. I agree.

To yell faggot at someone who is 'acting gay' (as described above) is really satisfying for some reason. Or like for example the ending to the TV show "dexter", was totally fucking GAY.

NEVER to make fun of an actual homosexual, though, just to be clear

On the subject of the word 'gay',

This. I can see how people would be offended by having "gay" and "fag" being used to describe something negative, as that creates connotations of gay = bad, and consequently, being gay = bad.

B U T

Anyone with half a brain knows there's nothing wrong with it, so why people get so butthurt (yup) about it is beyond me. According to the tumblrgeneration, you can't say "idiot" anymore because it's ableist.

Kindly fuck off please.

If you're using a word to describe a situation that fits the meaning of the word, you're using that word correctly.

You guys have that freedom of speech thing so all you have to worry about is funny looks from other people. In England its against the law to be an active racist, and sexuality is covered by that. Nothing tends to happen unless connected with another crime or a death threat but if you make monkey noises at a football game then you will get fucked and quite rightly, fuck that.

You guys have that freedom of speech thing so all you have to worry about is funny looks from other people. In England its against the law to be an active racist, and sexuality is covered by that. Nothing tends to happen unless connected with another crime or a death threat but if you make monkey noises at a football game then you will get fucked and quite rightly, fuck that.

I'm from England.

The difference to me, is:
If you're doing something with the intention of causing upset, then yeah you're being a dick and there's no two ways about it.
If you say something that isn't intentionally offensive and somebody takes it offensively, that's different.

So you're saying that if I was in London, held up a sign that said "I hate niggers", I would be arrested?

Even though I disagree with some people, I will fight to the death for their right to say it. What can I say, it's an American thing :)

So you're saying that if I was in London, held up a sign that said "I hate niggers", I would be arrested?

Even though I disagree with some people, I will fight to the death for their right to say it. What can I say, it's an American thing :)
Well like Sett stated, you clearly would because you're showing racism, unless holding that sign wouldn't make you racist in some way, which I wouldn't understand why since it clearly has a racial slur on it.

Back