Who is going to buy a Wii U here?

I'll get it if they make a 5th generation 3D Pokémon game for it, like PBR, Stadium , etc. So I can pwn newbs around the world in 3D when I get a team for Black and White.

Does that console make the existence of regular Wii useless like the Wii did for the GameCube? Like can you read regular wii and GC discs and use GameCube controllers with it?

Does that console make the existence of regular Wii useless like the Wii did for the GameCube? Like can you read regular wii and GC discs and use GameCube controllers with it?
You can read Wii discs and use Wii remotes, but you cannot use Gamecube games or controllers.

As for myself, I guess I'll be getting a WiiU. Not right away, but when a Zelda or Metroid is released a puchase seems inevitable.

Nintendo is cool, many exclusive games and some really fun....but is better when you let that rich friend buy and you play sometimes before gets boring...like the Wii after about one week.

I'll get it if they release a new F-Zero or Star Fox cause those series really need a new game and no re release of a old game. As for PKMN another PBR would be amazing cause I'm also a PKMN nerd as well but #1 priority for me will be smash 4 when it comes out being a ex smash player and all.

Picked mine up at WalMart this morning. That 5gb system update sucked but fuck it. I got the Wii U cause I see a lot of potential in the hardware. Its great to see Nintendo get with the times for online(no more friend codes is a huge plus) the gamepad screen, I firmly believe can offer some great experiences with the games. ZombiU is a good example IMHO of the type of stuff I want to see. Gamepad handles map, inventory, and various other in game options...and the game doesn't stop and wait for you either. Add to fact you die in one bite, flashlight needs recharging during gameplay cause its soooo purposely dark, and characters natural fatigue forcing you to find shelter and sleep(save). Quite a lot going on. Happy with the purchase...just...dont fuck this up Nintendo.

Picked mine up at WalMart this morning. That 5gb system update sucked but fuck it. I got the Wii U cause I see a lot of potential in the hardware. Its great to see Nintendo get with the times for online(no more friend codes is a huge plus) the gamepad screen, I firmly believe can offer some great experiences with the games. ZombiU is a good example IMHO of the type of stuff I want to see. Gamepad handles map, inventory, and various other in game options...and the game doesn't stop and wait for you either. Add to fact you die in one bite, flashlight needs recharging during gameplay cause its soooo purposely dark, and characters natural fatigue forcing you to find shelter and sleep(save). Quite a lot going on. Happy with the purchase...just...dont fuck this up Nintendo.

Nintendo usually doesn't. Its the third parties that do.

I just picked up Super Mario Bros. U. Its about all I could afford given my recent PS3 death and replacement.

Overall impressions. I definitely like the new game pad. Buttons are comfortable and feel pretty well placed despite the game pad's large size. The screen's overall image quality is pretty good too. The sticks aren't too resistant but feel comfortable, the right analog is a bit short than the left, though. The direction pad/control pad is classic Nintendo design and still feels awesome as it always has.

Internet browser is responsive and fairly fast. At least faster than my ipad 1's safari browser, and less prone to crashing. The overall OS navigation is a little odd. I think I prefer the classic Wii channel set over Wii U's as it just feels more elegant and easier to read.

Super Mario Bros. U controls wonderfully. It feels more responsive and less floaty than the Wii version of New Super Mario Bros. The game captures a lot more of the SMW feel than prior entries too. Though, you can't grow/raise your own Yoshi in this one (nor keep them through levels). Baby Yoshi's all have specific gimmicks and act more like little guns/shields that you hold while running around the levels. At least with the babies, you can keep them through levels. I like the squirrel suit, but its definitely not the ultimate item like prior flying items were (no special attacks). I already found a few secrets areas that let you level jump four worlds. Game's a lot of fun.

When Monster hunter comes out ill be there. Besides that Wii U is ass right now.
I've never played the MH series, but a co-worker of mine goes on and on about it...so I'll probably pick that up too.

ZombiU is pretty tense...I havn't died yet. But Im playing slow, cautious, and careful(which means, I also probably haven't gotten too far). I've been turning off the flashlight to conserve it so when I do need it...also so I don't attract any undead attention from a distance. Been making sure every. bullet. counts. and taking out solo zombies with the cricket bat. As to not attract their friends for dinner time.

Back