Why am I getting throw-broken so much?

SolidSonic

[09] Warrior
I've had sessions where I couldn't land a single throw on an opponent.

This isn't like Tekken where you can watch an animation and know what to do break. A and B throws start up the same, how can someone guess that so accurately? Am I missing something about throws?

They've got a 50% chance that they'll break it if they're pressing buttons. That simple.

Be glad your throws are getting broken, and not ducked and punished...

Like they said, it was just luck, sometimes it happens, it happened to me too in the past and someday it will happen again.

Of course try to mix your grabs, because if you do the same, your opponent may notice and break with the same button over and over

Personally I´m not very good in breaking grabs, usually I just crouch so I can make a perfect counter, it works to me.

I've had sessions where I couldn't land a single throw on an opponent.

This isn't like Tekken where you can watch an animation and know what to do break. A and B throws start up the same, how can someone guess that so accurately? Am I missing something about throws?

Are you making obvious choices like going for ring out throws at the edge?

Do you favour B throws? I think a lot of people use B throws as people automatically go to break A, purely because its where your thumb rests on controllers :P

I usually go with A throws the whole time, then when they get that I do mind games. Do what you feel, if you have a plan you can always be figured out. Sub conscious all the way :p.

Back