Why I hate pit bulls;

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobo

Luminario
a: they are ugly as fuck

b: they are prone to sickness and everybody else hates them and nobody wants to treat them, so they skew euthanasia numbers dramatically.

c: nobody wants to adopt them, so they skew the numbers even more and pack our shelters so that better dogs have no place to go.

d: they encourage people to inbreed them and sell them at ridiculous prices to already poor people who will only end up tossing them to the 'b' reason after 8 years.

they break in to my fucking yard and to this:

378061_2841248000320_1532918851_2846006_1527074108_n.jpg

to my friendly and sweet aussie shephard while he sits on my porch.

ripped throat, over a dozen punctures all over his body, severely damaged muscles in one leg, a double chin thing that is skin separated from flesh and will not heal for the rest of his life...

seriously, i hate them.

i am sick and tired of hearing shit about "it is the owners" or "only if they are raised bad" or "well i have a friend with a nice one" or "animals are animals and will act like them".

the bottom line is that they are unfit to be bred as pets and should be banned everywhere. the UK did it, why can't we?

now, i don't think that they are over aggressive. in fact, i think that they are one of the most friendly and well natured breeds. my problem is with them physically. sure, all dogs fight. all dogs bite each other, and lots of dogs bite humans far more frequently than pit bulls, such as chihuahuas and spaniels. the problem is that pits have been selectively bred for centuries with only one functional purpose; to inflict massive physical damage. they are not fit, in any way, to be pets and the only redeeming trait that they have is removing one of their dipshit owners from the gene pool once every 40 days or so in the US.

ok, i'm done ranting. time to go put some ointment on my dog.

Yikes, sorry about what happened to your dog. Is he alright?

Yeah, pits are pretty nasty. My old neighborhood had a big pit bull problem. Around 4 of the people on our street had them and they got out a surprising amount. A sweet old dog got killed by one on my neighbor's porch. The owners were ready to shoot the pit before its owner intervened.

I'm with you. I don't care how friendly a particular pit bull is, they're too damn dangerous to keep as pets.

Yes we did sir, though I believe its legal to have a pet tiger in Texas, so I think banning pitbulls is still a little far off.
I must admit, I thought you were on about the fighting style from the thread title, lol.

Sorry about your dog man, all the best. =(

Like I said on you FB page lobo, have their dog put down.
I NEVER approved of pit bulls, it scares me that I see those fuckers on my street now being walked by people who not only look shaddy, but look like they don't know how to control them if they were to get out of control...
My cats like to go outside every once in a while and we have a leash to walk them down the street, so I would HATE to see one of those ugly ass dogs coming at me and trying to attack my cats, my dog and even my mom or myself.
I wish they were banned here in the US, they are by far the most WORTHLESS dog breed out there...like you said lobo, only trained and built to fight and cause massive physical damage.

I hope your lil buddy has a healthy recovery.

Yah sorry bout all of this Lobo. I do agree with the way you see things about Pitbulls. I wont say i hate them or whatever since i have no reasons to hate them all but i go agree that the dog in itself is too dangerous to be a domectic animal.

I wish a healthy recovery for your little buddy during the holidays. Happy holliday's to all of you BTW.

I'm sorry your dog had to experience such an encounter with a Pit bull but I have had very pleasant experiences with my cousin's Pit bull whom they take care of quite well and she's the most lovable thing!!!!! emphasis on the !!!!! her name is Music but I've always called her Milky because of her white skin and she thick like milk ~ she wouldn't hurt anything/body..... there are definitely bad owners out there and they're definitely in the wrong for breeding pitbulls for fighting.....please don't categorize all pitbulls into the same lane since there are good ones. Like people you'll get the bad and the ugly and because of how pitbulls have been raised they're stereotyped for being dangerous which is mostly due to the lack of TLC...... sorry but I love Milky to death..... here she is.
e7ad193989406ad9047245f6229d50508a24d0bb.jpg

I believe there was a show with midgets and pit bulls showing how much of a lovable dog they CAN be if only people were to treat them right......... :***********(

Oh god that's horrible. No dog deserves that. I hope he recovers as quickly and safely as possible.

i am sick and tired of hearing shit about "it is the owners" or "only if they are raised bad" or "well i have a friend with a nice one" or "animals are animals and will act like them".
I hate this too, mostly because I've yet to see a 'good' pit bull owner. Every single pit bull owner I've met has been a total asshole. Same thing with people who don't have a pit bull but want one - it's NEVER because they're a friendly breed, it's ALWAYS because they're a dangerous one.

I disagree. It's completely true that pitbulls won't go apeshit on any other living thing unless they're trained shitty. I have an American Terrier Pitbull and she is harmless. If an Aussie Sheppard was trained to fuck shit up they will fuck shit up. It's on the owner or lack thereof. Physically, it's true that they are incredibly well built and gnarly. But that's no reason to outright ban an entire breed. There would be so many breeds banned if that were the case, including pitbulls.

That said, what happened to your dog is awful. Hope your dog gets better and isn't permafucked.

i know many great, caring pit bull owners. out of them, maybe a third have had their dog be involved in some horrible incident with a friend, child or neighboring pet. i've also known many chihuahua and blue heeler and hound dog owners who were shitty and mean or who trained their dogs to be mean and bite people. out of them, not one has been in a serious incident with anybody that i am aware of. trannymagic, you managed to combine all of the excuses and cover ups for the breed that i outlined in the OP in one paragraph. kudos for that.

i've also known many of the breed that i loved, and were kind and gentle. hell i used to own one myself.

that isn't the point, though. people get bitten by dogs all the time. they get a couple small punctures, maybe a few stitches, and go on their way. if it is a pit, though, expect severe lacerations and possible maiming for the same encounter. it isn't their temper or personality that is the problem. it is the end result of their rare aggression. it has nothing to do with how they are treated or raised.

once, in 1996, a Pomeranian killed a baby girl. once. ever. i have personally been bitten by them like 5 times. i have never been bitten by a pit bull, and am around them far more often; many of the times they have abusive or aggression encouraging owners. blaming their temper or bad owners is retarded. it is an inherent problem with the breed. many dogs are more aggressive and bite more frequently than pit bulls. they don't have the same terrible results, though. pits need to be eliminated from domestication because they are dangerous, period. if you have a small terrier or a Labrador as a family pet and your 5 year old niece unwittingly grabs it by the ear while it is eating, it gets a chomp on the hand, maybe a few stitches, and a lesson learned. if the same pet of the same demeanor happens to be a pit bull, she dies.

i know that the dog that came to my yard is most likely a very friendly dog. i also know that he probably approached my dog on the porch to play or just communicate and my dog tried to be dominant and defend his territory because...well...it is his house. that is his job, and he does it well. it happens with other dogs in the area all the time. they come over, bark, growl, sometimes throw down, and tomorrow they are friends again. that is normal dog behavior. that doesn't change the end result here, though. the whole system of domestication gets thrown out when pit bulls are brought into the mix.

here are some fun facts:

every 21 days since 2003, an american has been killed by a pit bull. attacks by pits on other pets are not documented and usually not even reported, but i'd bet the number for them is more like...50 every day or more.

here is a map of fatal maulings of people by these "pets" in texas alone for the past century... http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...8192749593590792990.00046d2e24f771e82421e&z=7

every single year since they have began tracking, they have killed more people than all other domesticated animals, combined.

in 2008 alone, there were 373 REPORTED instances of police officers or civilians shooting a pit bull to stop an attack on another person in the united states. of those incidents, six of the victims were still killed by the animals.

from 2006-2008, 19 dog breeds were listed as the killers in 88 human deaths in the US. of those, 59% were pit bulls. the next highest was rottweilers at 14%.

i could go on all day, but i'll skip straight to my favorite fun fact of the evening: i will kill the holy shit out of any of these animals that i see on my property without batting an eye for the rest of my life.

also, it should be noted that pit bulls are centuries old. you don't need to specify "american pit bull terrier". you can say "american bull dog" or "american pit bull terrier" or "american staffordshire terrier" or "staffordshire bull terrier". they are all the same fucking dog; the pit bull, bred in england, to kill things. it simply has so many different names because of a century long history of advocacy against them and violent attacks on people, as a means to circumvent ban laws and to increase adoption rates because the dumpsters behind every vet office in america are already full of the motherfuckers, and we are out of chinese restaurants to empty them.

please, do continue to ignore history, statistics, police reports, newspapers and fucking reality, and blame "bad owners" instead of the breed.

it would be less dangerous to people if we started allowing black bears as pets.

sorry for the rant, but i've been seeing red for two days straight now.

fuck pit bulls. fuck the mean ones and fuck the nice ones. fuck every single god damn one of them. even milky.

please, do continue to ignore history, statistics, police reports, newspapers and fucking reality, and blame "bad owners" instead of the breed.

Or do one better and forget the fact that dogs came directly from fucking wolves for fuck's sake. I'm sure you can find a lot of deaths caused by dogs in every breed not just pit bulls if you go back an entire century. What happened to your dog sucks but step back and take a breather before you condemn every living single atom of a breed Hitler style.

yes, and blue whales came from fang bearing ungulate creatures the size of bears. i didn't know that evolution and selective breeding are the same thing. my bad.

and yes, you can find lots of deaths caused by dogs that are not pit bulls. in fact, out of the 88 documented human deaths by dogs in the US over a three year period from 1996 to 1998, there were 36 of them. the other 52...well...i guess we can just say wolves did it...maybe then people will start adopting them.

Hey, I'm sorry for your dog. He seems like a real cutie and I hope he recovers real soon.
I can't help wondering what would happen to my own Golden Retriever if he got into a scuffle with a pit bull. He's small for his age and so friendly that defending himself wouldn't even occur to him :/

But at the same time, I was attacked by a Doberman Pinscher as a little girl and I am deathly afraid of them now. There's also this scary looking stray on my street that stares at me funny but I don't have the heart to call the pound on him (not so close to Christmas, damn it!) My experiences with dogs haven't always been great but I wouldn't condemn any species at all. Be they dogs, cats, freaking alligators even.

With that said, I do think those stats are worrisome :/

yes, and blue whales came from fang bearing ungulate creatures the size of bears. i didn't know that evolution and selective breeding are the same thing. my bad.

and yes, you can find lots of deaths caused by dogs that are not pit bulls. in fact, out of the 88 documented human deaths by dogs in the US over a three year period from 1996 to 1998, there were 36 of them. the other 52...well...i guess those must have been wolves.

I think you're glossing over the fact that pitbulls are becoming one of the most common breeds in the US, one of the most common reasons for owning one is for defense or fighting. So the sheer ubiquity of them skews statistics. If a husky was as common and was trained for the same reasons you'd have the same results in huskies.

But shit man, I'm was just trying to steer you away from sounding like you were delivering more tirades in the vein of Hitler. If you want to avoid this from happening ever again we should just ban all dogs.

yeah kirax. any dog attack is likely to give you post traumatic stress to some extent. i got bit in the face by a cocker spaniel as a kid and have never liked them to this day. i'm glad my uncle was responsible and owned a cocker spaniel, though, and not a certain other wolf descendant, because i still have my face.

I think you're glossing over the fact that pitbulls are becoming one of the most common breeds in the US, one of the most common reasons for owning one is for defense or fighting. So the sheer ubiquity of them skews statistics. If a husky was as common and was trained for the same reasons you'd have the same results in huskies.

um...despite the fact that there are 5 different "breeds" that can all be combined because they are all pit bulls...the combination of them is nowhere near the most common. not even top 5. in fact, even if you lump them in with all variations of bulldog (which isn't really fair as they are quite distinct from other bulldog breeds), since people often do lump them together to make bite and fatality statistics not look so bad, even then, they are not in the top 5. lol.

however, they are, by far, the most common breed found in pounds at one-in-five on average, the breed most frequently killed by civilians in defense, by police officers, and the breed with the highest percentage of euthanized animals at 77% on average. hell, in 1999 alone, almost a million of them were put down because they couldn't find homes...58% of all dogs put down were pit bulls...

so i guess, if by "common", you mean "most frequently born and abandoned to die as a puppy because we are cruel and insist on breeding them and killing then instead of just agreeing not to own them", then i suppose your fact is legit. i tend to count owned pets instead.

in fact, in spite of being vastly outnumbered by labradors...and i mean vastly...they managed to kill 18 people in 2010 alone, while labradors killed...ZERO. a few years back, though, one of them accidentally choked a six year old to death with a scarf. i guess we can count that.

huskies was a good random example to pull though, because they are quite vicious as well. so vicious that they killed 13 people in US/canada since 1982...almost as much as pit bulls have in any one of the past ten years...

um...despite the fact that there are 5 different "breeds" that can all be combined because they are all pit bulls...the combination of them is nowhere near the most common. not even top 5. in fact, even if you lump them in with all variations of bulldog (which isn't really fair as they are quite distinct from other bulldog breeds), since people often do lump them together to make bite and fatality statistics not look so bad, even then, they are not in the top 5. lol.

however, they are, by far, the most common breed found in pounds at one-in-five on average, the breed most frequently killed by civilians in defense, by police officers, and the breed with the highest percentage of euthanized animals at 77% on average. hell, in 1999 alone, almost a million of them were put down because they couldn't find homes...58% of all dogs put down were pit bulls...

so i guess, if by "common", you mean "most frequently born and abandoned to die as a puppy because we are cruel and insist on breeding them and killing then instead of just agreeing not to own them", then i suppose your fact is legit. i tend to count owned pets instead.

I think you glossed over the fact that I said becoming. Their numbers have skyrocketed in the past 10 years and continue to climb. Especially if you consider every stat you quoted.

nah, i was going by reality, where nobody wants them and almost a million get killed every year because they can't get adopted, not a hypothetical future where we all suddenly feel a need for a pet that, if it so desires, can kill any child that hops into my back yard for his frisbee or unwitting UPS man at the front door.

it isn't about cruelty to pit bulls, either. i, for one, think it is far more cruel to breed and proliferate an animal just so we can euthanize it en masse than it is to simply make laws against breeding them in the first place.

My ex had a pit bull. Probably because she was goth and it was the cool danger factor more than anything else. I couldn't really say. He was a really friendly dog and well taken care of. I lived with her at the time and he had no problem obeying commands. He liked to wrestle around with me and never got mean or out of hand during play. Still whenever a stranger would come to the door he'd get riled up and I had no doubt in my mind he was a potentially vicious and dangerous animal and that if he ever managed to get out and did attack somebody it would be deadly. Other dog breeds might attack people too, but they just do not present the same amount of inherent threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back