(WIP) Trying to draw VI Mi-Na...

SpellcraftQuill

[14] Master
B1C4EB7A-25DF-4469-8921-C0F51E9F6094.jpeg
I’m a beginner but even so that pose is kind of awkward and difficult. Let me know where I’m going so far... Feel a little discouraged.

needs more tiddies
-__-

Luckily, Namco is keeping her assets under control.

Anyway, what is it you're actually trying to relay to the viewer, OP? Her personality? Her combat skills? A vanilla pose is cool, but it sounds like that's not what you want. Maybe start w/ a neutral pose w/ her holding her naginata upright w/ just one hand next to her? As a way of a warm-up, if you will. Also, nothing wrong w/ visually tracing other ppl's art of her just for reference on how to do body poses.

Hello. I've been drawing for a long time (I havr a thread with some old stuff floating around 8wr somewhere). What exactly are you looking for with this particular piece? I am willing to help you as much as I can... though I'd like to know exactly where you stand with your art and how far you want to go with it before that. What I say may or may not be motivating/helpful depending on what your looking for. Still, I'd like to help! You can PM me about if you'd like, too.

Anyway, what is it you're actually trying to relay to the viewer, OP? Her personality? Her combat skills? A vanilla pose is cool, but it sounds like that's not what you want. Maybe start w/ a neutral pose w/ her holding her naginata upright w/ just one hand next to her? As a way of a warm-up, if you will. Also, nothing wrong w/ visually tracing other ppl's art of her just for reference on how to do body poses.

This is great advice. You can try many poses, don't be limited to just one piece and think it as part of the process.
You can even use a picture that you like and get the pose from there. Doing that a lot will also give you an idea of how muscles work and where they are, which in turn will start to give more weight to your characters.

It just so happens I'm also doing some Mina fanart, I'll upload it soon with a process on the pose. Same as the other people, you can PM me too.

Back