WR B+G grab tech trap

RumbleRosesBOSS

[09] Warrior
I have seen allot of people now using grabs as tech traps. for example seung minas 6K:B relaunch, after the relaunch you can actually side grab the opponent depending if they grab break or not, I found that Taki has something simular, To make it short if you do Takis A6 WR:B+G, I think it has grab tech priorites. sorry if this does not make since, I typed TO FAST!, Ill explain better later^_^

im pretty sure you mean 33KB and yes taki does seem to have a couple i remeber in training some things i was trying with this would scale the damage together, wonder if there any meaning to this.

actually, after A6 WR, if they tech to the side, WR with a delayed throw (inputted near the end of the WR) will tech catch them.

If you do the command WR throw, it will not catch them as they tech to the side.

If they like to tech back, do WR BKB

im pretty sure you mean 33KB

i'm pretty sure you don't mean 33KB because Taki doesn't have such a move :P

hmm i didn't know about this trap. more tools, yeah!

but... i always assumed that you're in some kind of crouching, non-blocking state during a tech roll and as such, highs shouldn't reach you... what's going on here?

if you do WR throw (command throw) they are still in the side tech animation and you can't catch them. If you just do the throw at the end of the WR, it's slow enough that they will immediately stand into it at the end of the tech roll.

I think they can crouch instantly and duck it, but that leave WR A to hit them.

no standing throws will work as a tech trap as far as i know.
When you tech you are considered FC, that is why low grabs will work. but once you've recovered you can duck instantly.

I have been doing some testing with her A6:WR near a wall without causing a splat and she can do SO MUCH while the opponent is in the corner. A6 FTW!

for example seung minas 6K:B relaunch, after the relaunch you can actually side grab the opponent depending if they grab break or not

Yeah, it's Mina's 33KB, and it's not completely a techtrap per say, seeing as it's duckable, but it's sort of like one. It's also avoidable if the opponent stays on the ground (but you should know what that leaves you open to Rumble and Baba).

Except for that it's crouchable, unfortunately =(, most techtraps you can't crouch on. Though crouching leaves you open to pogo, so overall it's just a great mixup =)

Back