Xianghua General Discussion / Try To Keep Up

I feel like X's aGI's are very, very powerful this time around. More reliable with bigger windows and covering more options plus huge lethal hit damage afterwards. Reverse mixups were already a big part of her game but even more so now, I think.

Feels like a lot of her stuff is more steppable than it was but that might be oberall mechanic changes more than anything.

What do you guys like to do on KND?

I feel like X's aGI's are very, very powerful this time around. More reliable with bigger windows and covering more options plus huge lethal hit damage afterwards.
Holy crap, their windows are bigger this time around? Practicing her auto-GI combos with the AI set to spam A and I still miss the window half the time! But I have managed to pull them off a few times in ranked matches (a lot of people love rushing in with a vertical after they soul charge) and they're really satisfying to land.

What do you guys like to do on KND?
I like 2B+K; if it hits as they get up, it gives a free 6BB counter hit, but it's risky if they catch on, so I try to use it sparingly. I'd also like to hear other people's thoughts because other than that, I just use 2A or 2K pokes or 4B+K when I get overconfident.

If you want big windows for your horizontal aGIs, you want 4AA. You can mash it out in most strings that go to a horizontal. 4A+B takes a bit of timing but results in much greater reward. 6A+B already has a pretty thicc window. 22_88B+K probably has a relatively big aGI window but I think its startup frames take longer. I want to test both that and 44B+K as string interrupts. I've only done 4A, 6A+B, 2A+B, and 4A+B so far.

For oki, I like 1A a lot, you can LH it. I don't know the combo from hitting that yet, though.

If anyone is interested in training on Xianghua, hit me up. I play on PC primarily.
I'm happy to train beginner players, or to spar with advanced players. Add me and send me a message.

Steam: SpaghettiViking

Does anyone have any tips for landing 66A+B after FC 3B? I can do this fine in practice and it seems like all you need to do is make sure it comes out right after she finishes FC 3B, but it only combos about 25% of the time when I try online. I know it also drops at tip range but I think the problem might be the crappy netcode...

Edit: Got it down now.

Last edited:
I think i found a glitch. Xianghua's 4A+B can parry all of Geralts and Mitsurugi's A+G and 4A+G grabs but her 4A+B can't parry anyone else's A+G grabs. (as far as i tested). I assume this is a glitch since it only works on those 2 for no apparent reason. I hope her parry is supposed to work on everyone's grabs

Can anyone tell me the exact properties of Xianghua's aGIs? I want to learn to use them but I can't find the information anywhere on what they deflect, their startup frames, etc. I know 2A+B catches non-kick lows but that's it. Please help!

Can anyone tell me the exact properties of Xianghua's aGIs? I want to learn to use them but I can't find the information anywhere on what they deflect, their startup frames, etc. I know 2A+B catches non-kick lows but that's it. Please help!

Go into the Move List in game, Simultaneous Press, then highlight the exact move (2A+B, 6A+B, 4A+B) and look at the bottom. It lists the exact move type/level that each move aGI's.

As a rule of thumb, 6A+B aGI's anything vertical, 4A+B aGI's anything Horizontal (not low), and 2A+B catches anything low.
4A Also catches horizontals, if I recall.

---

As far as application goes, try to use 4A+B and 6A+B to interrupt the second or third hit of predictable strings. Try 6A+B, 6BB, BT B+K, 6K A against strings like Mitsurugi 66B B and whatnot. From there, start visually watching for opponents with bad habits that like to do repetitive followups like Nightmare 6A A or Xianghua 6B B.

Go into the Move List in game, Simultaneous Press, then highlight the exact move (2A+B, 6A+B, 4A+B) and look at the bottom. It lists the exact move type/level that each move aGI's.

As a rule of thumb, 6A+B aGI's anything vertical, 4A+B aGI's anything Horizontal (not low), and 2A+B catches anything low.
4A Also catches horizontals, if I recall.

---

As far as application goes, try to use 4A+B and 6A+B to interrupt the second or third hit of predictable strings. Try 6A+B, 6BB, BT B+K, 6K A against strings like Mitsurugi 66B B and whatnot. From there, start visually watching for opponents with bad habits that like to do repetitive followups like Nightmare 6A A or Xianghua 6B B.
Thank you

Hey guys, I'm new here. I want to learn Xianghua in the game but I'm in need of some answers.

First, what are the strengths and weaknesses of this character? Second, what's her goal in this game? What does she have to do to win in Soul Calibur 6? Third, how is she in the meta? It's been a couple of months since release. Is she good, bad, average?

Thanks for anyone who replies.

Hey guys, I'm new here. I want to learn Xianghua in the game but I'm in need of some answers.

At close range she can play offensively by pressuring the opponent with fast attacks and mixups, and at mid range she can play defensively by block punishing, whiff punishing and aGI.
Her attack range is short so it is important to avoid getting pushed out of attack range by the opponent.
Her mixup game is strong due to all her string mixups as well as her stance mixups.
Her aGI moves (4A+B, 6A+B, 2A+B) will score lethal hits upon successful aGI, and is best used against attack strings. Her aGI moves can also be used once you start seeing a pattern in your opponent's offense.

She is considered high tier as she has tools for every situation, but it's up to the player to utilise these tools well.

Her stance game doesn't feel all that great to me sometimes. if she goes into sxs off of most anything most characters can just BB or 2A out of most mix ups on block, on hit, and even some counter hits. sxs A+B and sxs A+B6 are supposed to be the answer to BB retaliations but they have flaws that just make them troublesome to use sometimes. sxs A+B6 is slow and often she just gets stuffed out by fast BB's and even some 3B's. sxs A+B6 has good tracking but also gets crouched under by some opponents BB's. her sxs A+B doesn't track well and just whiffs plus isn't safe on block like sxs A+B6. When these options do work it's often a counter hit but 2K is the only true combo i could find because ukemi is a thing. Top it all off sxs A+B, sxs A+B6, sxs B, sxs A, and sxs A+G all get beat by like everyone's 2A. sxs K and sxs B+K are the response to characters that want to stuff her stance game with their 2A. sxs K is only really dangerous at the wall. sxs B+K is only good if the opponent knows 2A beats most of her stance game and is trying to abuse it.

:A:.:(A):, :6::(6)::A+B:, and SC :6::K:.:(B): are + on hit and allows you to go into stance before the opponent recovers. SXS :K: will come out faster than any attack (including i10 moves). It's a mid too, so once you hit them with SXS K they will be conditioned to respect SXS and do a standing guard. This is when you can get away with SXS :A+G: or :4::A+G: (which is your main goal when going into SXS).
If you go into stance with :3::A:.:2:, you will evade high attacks but can still be beat by 2A since :3::A:.:2: is neutral on hit. This is when SXS :B+K: comes into play.
The other moves that go into stance either don't hit or are - on hit so you only want to use them to catch the opponent off guard after conditioning them really well.

All of the moves that go into stance are punishable on block, so currently the best way to go into stance is by block punishing with :A:.:(A):.

Last edited:
I have a quick question about Xianghua. Is there any real reason to use her SXS 6K+G / 4K+G / K+G? Same question towards her "crybaby" move.

I have a quick question about Xianghua. Is there any real reason to use her SXS 6K+G / 4K+G / K+G? Same question towards her "crybaby" move.

Her crybaby is useful to stop the opponent from attacking her when she's on the ground.
Her SXS taunts are mostly just for fun and gimmicks, but they build decent meter even on whiff. SXS K+G and 6K+G are 0 on block and +10 on hit, so it combos into AA and SC AB on hit.

Back