Yoshimitsu Namu Combos

I'm curious, after 4B, 9A+BG has been listed in various places as tech trapping all directions and hitting rollers and OTG. Is this correct? Is it slightly range dependent? Lately I've been using this a ton and just once had someone happened to get out of it. If this is a combo as well as tech trap than this would be a great alternative for mixing up as 4B is very safe, even allows iMCF as followu p as opposed to 33B or 4KB.

Havnt heard of it hitting OTG... but everything else sure... and most of the time you want to be in pretty deep otherwise the can probably tech and step...

This was actually confirmed by Lolo and Hajime but just for general info, even though CH iMCF, 3B+K:B, 9A+BG might not be a combo on all characters, CH iMCF, 1B+K, 3B+K:B, 9A+BG is :). Though its far more range dependent.

Dont know if it was already posted but just found this combo out. its useful because it can be easily manipulated from several of the stances

66(hold)B~K(hold)~A~DNK~DNK~3B

or by move names

(Passing Light ~ Intimidation)~(Whirlwind~Reflection)~Broken Promise~Door Knocker~Door Knocker ~ Clansmen

The parantheticals are listed as one move in Yoshimitsu's move list, so for Passing light ~ Intimidation, its just 66(hold)B instead of 66B~6B+K.

If you miss your first attack, Don't Worry! continue on and pressure your opponent. AND BETTER switches can be made at every SS move to keep from predictability. DO NOT CHANGE IF THE FIRST ATTACK HITS!!!!! Nothing will miss if you input correctly, and with correct timing. I suggest if you switch it up, use these guildelines,

From INT use A (because its a low attack)
From REF B,K (two high attacks and its fast) or 2A+K (more damage, but risky)

If you hit REF A, DO NOT switch from DNK~DNK, this gets the highest accuracy, most damage, best follow, and its a ring out move.

Back