Yun-Seong General Discussion

Usefulness of Yun unfinished string baits offline?

What you're speaking of there is indeed 101 but to get Yun-specific 6BB is readable for a reason. The fear of a crushed SG will make EVERYONE GI this nonsense. Then you mix up from there. If u 6 and they overzealously whiff a GI or try to step take your CR A combo.

Yun can easily become a mixup nightmare, especially on wake up.
For example I like this...
CH 1A WS K 1KKG CR
CR A CR K:Gjf CR B 1KK 1KKG CR
Me 6B I use it like this
6B into 44B or 44A or 11_77B
6B then Block
6 CR
Then after a couple of those 6BB

What's the actual notation for the CR transition from 4BK? I've done it a few times on accident, but I never know how to get into CR from there, and I'd like a new CR transition since 6[A] and 2BK are starting to get a little predictable =O

Oh my god, the revelation just blew my mind =O And here I thought the game was laughing at me for not being able to figure out what COULD have been a simple transition. Now I may die in peace, knowing that 4BK~CR only happens on CH =D

That said, is CR A, CR B, 4BK~CR, CR 8K a viable combo?

arstal:
Because of the damage you can do in crane... conditioning them with pretty much anything that can transition into crane becomes a strong mixup opportunity. You can apply that way of thinking to most canned strings worth their salt.

I don't know if it was changed with the 1.03 patch, but you can air control out of 8KKK if you're hit with 236KK. Also, I have a question. Is anyone else out there having trouble against Kilik? I usually don't have much of a problem against him, except when I use Yun-seong. It's not that I get whacked a lot for spamming the crane stance, but I just seem to have trouble approaching him and pressuring him as Yun.

Edit: I think I have dementia, so ignore that first sentence.

There are certain situations where you should use crane. When he does one of his spining wheel attacks and then ends with a short vertical poke, you can block the wheel, and CR the poke. His obvious verticals too. If you need to get close, especially against those damned long range As and low As, you should use 9(B+K). If he spaces a long way away you can always try CR B+K, buts that's extremely risky, due to its absolutely ZERO tracking. Also the as said on the thread, the pressure/mixup provided from just getting him to block 6B are very worthwhile.

i have a question, who would you guys pay is the best yun in the US. Havent seen any yuns place high in tournies. I just went to my 1st tourney and placed 25(srry fellow yuns, promise to put yun on the map and rep for us) so um lookin for vids and stuff to see what i can add,so who do you guys think it is?

General question
how much + frames do these moves give
-Crane :2::K:,:K: on NH, i know on counter it knocks opponent down
-:3::A: on CH
-:3::K: on CH

The frame data for Yun-Seong is incomplete so i could not find the information i needed.

Also i believe :3::(K): goes into crane right
someone said this that after :2::3::6::K::K: that u can air control out of :8::K::K::K:. you can't. only way out is to just ukemi out of :2::3::6::K::K:, not only that if u dont ukemi out of :8::K::K::K:, :1::K: is guaranteed after. ( done this a lot of time yet to have computer or anyone get up and block :1::K:)

Also would like to thnk yunseongnix for showing me another move that might work if ppl dont shake out of :4::4::B: ~ normally i would do :3::B: and hope i can lock in :4::4::B:+:K: if they stand up immediately (80% succes rate since i have done it. Thank you for showing me :6::6::B:
Half the stuff he showed is not guarantee but i saw some stuff that i have question that someone could check out and see if it works.

-Crane :A: CH ~ Crane :B: ~ :3::A: ( need to know how much + this gives to see if grab is guaranteed)
-Crane :A: CH ~ Crane :B: ~ :3::A: ~ WR :K:
(if :6::6::B: is done after WR :K: is done in a combo it will miss, but if WS :K: is the starting move it iwll hit. does anyone know why)
-Crane :A: CH ~ Crane :B: ~ :4::B::K::K: hit on wall ( there was a video showing a follow up to this on the wall, if any know could they direct it.

Generally am trying to increase my Yun-Seong game play and trying to imcorporate his cancels, :3::3::A::K: in to combos, and his crane transitions into play.

General question

The frame data for Yun-Seong is incomplete so i could not find the information i needed.

someone said this that after :2::3::6::K::K: that u can air control out of :8::K::K::K:. you can't. only way out is to just ukemi out of :2::3::6::K::K:, not only that if u dont ukemi out of :8::K::K::K:, :1::K: is guaranteed after. ( done this a lot of time yet to have computer or anyone get up and block :1::K:)

Also would like to thnk yunseongnix for showing me another move that might work if ppl dont shake out of :4::4::B: ~ normally i would do :3::B: and hope i can lock in :4::4::B:+:K: if they stand up immediately (80% succes rate since i have done it. Thank you for showing me :6::6::B:
Half the stuff he showed is not guarantee but i saw some stuff that i have question that someone could check out and see if it works.

-Crane :A: CH ~ Crane :B: ~ :3::A: ( need to know how much + this gives to see if grab is guaranteed)
(if :6::6::B: is done after WR :K: is done in a combo it will miss, but if WS :K: is the starting move it will hit. does anyone know why)
-Crane :A: CH ~ Crane :B: ~ :4::B::K::K: hit on wall ( there was a video showing a follow up to this on the wall, if any know could they direct it.

Generally am trying to increase my Yun-Seong game play and trying to imcorporate his cancels, :3::3::A::K: in to combos, and his crane transitions into play.

First off, the number or frames you get on hit is generally irrelevant when you knock the enemy down.

Yes, 3[K] goes into CR. Be careful with it, though, since you'll get interrupted if it's blocked, and the opponent knows Yun.

After 44B (Which is very shakeable if the opponent knows what he's doing), it's often best to go for mixups, i.e. 44A or 11_77A, for starters.. I generally condition them with 11_77A, then smack them with 44A.

Edit: There are no setups where grabs are guaranteed (Not counting crouch throws). 3A gives you +frames on CH, but not enough to combo with anything besides perhaps KK.

IMHO, 33_99AK is best used to kill step up close. The move is very unsafe, but that's alleviated somewhat by delaying/stopping the string. I think it's ACable in air combos.

First off, the number or frames you get on hit is generally irrelevant when you knock the enemy down.

Yes, 3[K] goes into CR. Be careful with it, though, since you'll get interrupted if it's blocked, and the opponent knows Yun.

After 44B (Which is very shakeable if the opponent knows what he's doing), it's often best to go for mixups, i.e. 44A or 11_77A, for starters.. I generally condition them with 11_77A, then smack them with 44A.

Edit: There are no setups where grabs are guaranteed (Not counting crouch throws). 3A gives you +frames on CH, but not enough to combo with anything besides perhaps KK.

IMHO, 33_99AK is best used to kill step up close. The move is very unsafe, but that's alleviated somewhat by delaying/stopping the string. I think it's ACable in air combos.

Doesn't Yun get -10 frames and more on almost anything blocked. Does he actually have anything that is safe on block, and are there any followups.

Concerning 44B, I found due to the range it leaves you at, on block there really are no options. If they shake the stun, they will generally block anything that's close enough to hit, and his mixup game doesnt look solid at that range or am I missing something?

44A, 11_77A (low), 11_77B (low), 66B, and 66A+B are all in range for 44B, generally. It's hella unsafe on block, but it really shouldn't be blocked if you use it right.

44A, 11_77A (low), 11_77B (low), 66B, and 66A+B are all in range for 44B, generally. It's hella unsafe on block, but it really shouldn't be blocked if you use it right.

add :3::B: to that and if the opponent stand up immediately :4::4::B:+:K: will hit. They must side step pretty quickly to evade cause the slash will hit ppl who are still close to the linear path cause the last curves a bit.

u can use the unblockable as mixup :4::4::B:+:K:

so gather after :3::A: on CH only thing viable is :K::K::B:

still does anyone know how much plus :3::(K): on NH/CH and CR :2::K::K: on NH/CH

the frame data is incomplete so that why am asking about these.

Wait, what? The frames for 3[K] aren't incomplete, but they're a total bitch to measure, because he goes into CR. Basically, you're at advantage if you hit them (I'm pretty sure it's uninterruptable), and somewhat fucked if you're not (Most 2As will beat you out). Also, I think I said this earlier, but irregardless: There are no frames for CR 2KK on hit, because it knocks them down on any kind of hit! That's the same with every move that knocks people down on hit or CH.

Edit: Nevermind, I was wrong about CR 2KK (My memory is rather shitty). Mikosu's testing it. But my earlier statement about testing frames of stance stuff still stands.

Anyway, you're at advantage with CH 3A, and you have the opportunity for a free mixup, which can include grabs if you're close enough. KKB is an option, but you have more damaging stuff available to you as well, and it shouldn't be neglected.

My 44A and 66B gets blocked and I know the followups to that when they hit, but I didnt ever think of using the 11 moves. Would 9B+K be a good choice with a delay, is it not worth it?

So the 11 moves with the 44A and 66B make 44B a viable battle option, that's great.

My mentioning of the disadvantage on block, is because it seems that a few select characters on the cast are like completely safe with almost everything they use. I was just wondering cuz it seems against certain characters, spamming seems very safe. I might just not know exactly where to interrupt at though.

Alrighty time to straighten all this out.

i have a question, who would you guys pay is the best yun in the US. Havent seen any yuns place high in tournies. I just went to my 1st tourney and placed 25(srry fellow yuns, promise to put yun on the map and rep for us) so um lookin for vids and stuff to see what i can add,so who do you guys think it is?
No really amazing vids of Yun have come out yet since on one really plays him but that'll change someday. I'll update the vid thread soon with what I can find.

General question

(if :6::6::B: is done after WR :K: is done in a combo it will miss, but if WS :K: is the starting move it iwll hit. does anyone know why)
The reason CR stuff lacks frames is because it's a pain to test plus there's no instance of CR transition where an immediate vertical won't be evaded. Meaning that there'd have to be at least two sets of frames for them. Then you have to count in whether you use CR B+K to evade. For instance after CR A+K on block Sophi gets a free 236AA. There's absolutely nothing you can do to stop it.

3A is +1 on CH so nothing is free.

6BB misses then because of the way WS K turns them in the CH 1A combo.

After the full JF 8K series 1K is not free. Your opponents were either not blocking low or staying grounded.

-Crane :A: CH ~ Crane :B: ~ :3::A: ~ WR :K: is not a combo for the reason explained above.

add :3::B: to that and if the opponent stand up immediately :4::4::B:+:K: will hit. They must side step pretty quickly to evade cause the slash will hit ppl who are still close to the linear path cause the last curves a bit.

still does anyone know how much plus :3::(K): on NH/CH and CR :2::K::K: on NH/CH

the frame data is incomplete so that why am asking about these.

Don't risk that UB setup often. Most people if they tech at all it's gonna be to the side and side techs make it fail. But if you think they'll get up in place then by all means try it. It"ll work.

Just know that after 3[K] on hit everything except CR A is a frame trap. And after CR 2KK on hit CR B is uninterruptable.

My 44A and 66B gets blocked and I know the followups to that when they hit, but I didnt ever think of using the 11 moves. Would 9B+K be a good choice with a delay, is it not worth it?
Don't do like most Yuns do and attempt to combo off of those stuns unless for whatever reason they suck at shaking. Go for mixups since most high-level players will shake almost every stun. 9B+K is a great followup. If they block it I 44B if I expect a counterattack. My fave after shakeable stuns is 66B for CF pressure even if it is riskier. No one risks stepping after shaking a stun. They usually just stand guarding. But if they do get cheeky then 44A and 66A take care of step.

44A is unsafe on block. I know 11_77A isn't, and 11_77B isn't if spaced properly (Except against white chicks). I'll have to check what ranges 6B hits from after 44B... 66B+K could prolly hit them from that range(They'll likely block it, but that doesn't really help them much).

been doing some training against others and computer

:3::A: does not even gurantee :K::K::B: the animation of :3::A: look like the animation on other characters that give +15 like cervantes for example. wow did they just shit on Yun- seong

did the :4::4::B: and followed ( if opponent does not shake ) and did :3::B: and followed up with :1::1:_:7::7::B: or :1::B: and it was much better than :4::4::B:+:K: cause i was not hoping they would stand up.

:1::1:_:7::7::B: gives decent mix up if they shake :4::4::B: and u can mix in the mids.

11_77B is good, but be careful with it. Certain characters can punish it, and you have to be a certain distance away for it to be safe against other characters.

Back