Zergoreth's CaS gallery 2.

Zergoreth

[09] Warrior
I've been gone for a while, so far I've been trying to perfect the art of CaS making. I've been inspired by a lot of great CaS makers on this board that I've decided to revise some of my old CaS' aong with making a new batch of characters. But first I'm going to post my revised characters mostly since I've already got their pictures on my computer.

New 1p Nathaniel Outfit.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6 (3).png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2 (2).png

Umbriel's 2p costume.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png

Aerin's revised 2p.
This outfit is loosely based on the FFXI dancer AF.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png

I learned a lot from Le Bello's tips and tricks thread so I like to give him my thanks.

Overall looks nice.

I would change Nathaniel's goggles part--the color, placement, remove it in favor of something else, SOMETHING, at the moment it looks like his bandana is tied in front. Umbriel looks cool (though garters+shorts is kind of a bad combination), and I like the feel of Aerin. She looks very delicate, and the beaded pattern you put on her petticoat is a really nice touch.

Thank you for the feedback, as for Nathaniel's goggles consider those gone. Umbriel's an undead necromancer who once was a priestess in life, but she was eventually struck down and brought back as a revenant. Aerin is my personal favorite of the three.

You have some very nice and unique CAS's here, I really like the use of patterns on Nathaniel, would love to see more work from you!

Thank you. I'm not quite sure when I'll post more, but I will update when I do so. Right now trying to come up with some more character ideas.

Got some new characters to put up plus an old one that's been redone.
This is Adelbert a young british noble.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png

Lucas a hotheaded brawler, who enjoys picking fights with people who seem strong.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5 (2).png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6 (2).png

Voldrich a mysterious sorcerer capable of making your worst nightmare come to life, he always fights by creating phantasm to aid him.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png

Once a noble in life, now a servant of Umbriel's undead army.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png

Somewhat they're more like friendly rivals.

Oh yeah forgot to mention Nathaniel and Adelbert are the same person, Adelbert changed his appearance a bit and his name in order to elude the ones responsible for his families murder. The murderers are currently looking for him since he's the last remaining member of the family and they need to kill him so he doesn't inherit his family's riches.

I mostly just have one new 2p for one of my characters.

Voldrich's enraged form, his illusions become erratic, reality twists around him in complete and utter chaos. In this form Voldrich can no longer control his power and his fighting style becomes more savage and deadly, his rage creates an phantom eye that orbits around him, watching his victim's every move and not letting anyone escape his sights.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2 (2).png

Pick just a couple of colors is indeed the right option. But you should play more with them depending of the character. For example if you pick blue/silver you don't need to do blue/silver jacket with blue/silver gauntlets with blue/silver boots and blue/silver trousers.

Picking a palette doesn't mean to paint all clothes with the same colors.

Are you referring to all of them or just one in particular, I do notice that I do that with my color choices at times it's a bad habit of mine. Let me know which one in particular need more diverse colors and then I'll play around with it some more to see if I can get something that looks better.

Excluding the skeleton...everyone.

But may be I didn't express myself well, it's not the colors choices are bad, or it need "more colors". It's that you don't need to use the same colors to every piece. You can put brown boots or brown gauntlers even if the rest is silver. Or if you put a white dress not every ribbon has to be white. Neckties should combine the clothes, not have the same color as the clothes, etc.

ah ok yeah it's a bad habit of mine, I usually for some odd reason pick the colors based on what element most of my characters represent except Voldrich. I'll see if I can change things up as much as I can though, I'll probably post the changes at some point.

Back