a mini-gallery

CHINA CAS #3
View attachment 35773
View attachment 35774
View attachment 35775

Notes: two pairs goddess feathers, one samurai ornament on head. Snake skin pattern on sleeves blocked off by squares. Glitter stripe pattern on jacket + inverted tree sticker. Spade, butterfly, and golden lion crest on shirt. Scale pattern on pants + dragon sticker. Yoshimitsu's theatrical moveset is an obvious choice for this gal.

And that's it! I think I've used up the last of my CaS MP on these lol.
So this one, I like it a lot. Their may be a lot of patterns going on here but usually in the orient things are like that. I love the feathers they really pop, and those pants. Oh lord those pants. Just to awesome.

@orangeislands31: I'm glad you like them! You can really work out some crazy hats through the CaS system. Vilarcane's got really gnarly Aztec headdresses somewhere worth seeing. I can hardly wait to see what you do with your next batch!

hi, just passing by, winky wink...

ccpgjcp3hixfyc197.jpg

One more for the Motherland!

NEZHA
One of the top generals in Chinese heaven, but all she's really known for is flying around on wheels of fire (best way to get around!) That and getting her ass handed to her by Son Goku in an old Chinese animation. She's really supposed to be a dude, but hey why not. I need to stop using red in my creations. She is a fire elemental though, so I guess it's ok for now.

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png

Vicious horns with scale pattern for "celestial maiden"-like braided hair loops and butterfly antennae as hair extensions. Iris ornament on neck. Lotus sticker over naval crest over circle sticker on chest.

I started off trying to make Japanese bride for the multicultural thread. When that bombed out, I tried to make a sumo wrestler with epic braids for the multicultural thread. Then I figured that the circular braids would look better on a Chinese goddess, and then I remembered: fire wheels.

@All: Thanks for the support! I'll post it in the Multicultural Thread later. Right now Japan needs some more lovin'. Proly try to make a kunoichi laterz.

As promised; sorry it's a bit lacklustre.

So the Chinese Princess is lovely, the sticker work turns what could be a dull outfit into something sleek and simple, easy on the eyes without overdoing anything, which is my kind of perfect!

But the hat.

It's interesting, but I just can't like it. For me it unbalances her entire figure. It's very good for breaking up the pink and stopping to monotomy, and it's very cool, but I just don't like it? Sorry man, the rest of her is GREAT though.

I REALLY like the Grandmaster. He has a certain suaveness to him - A kind of, casual sophistication. I can't think of what to say about him other than I like him a lot. I can't get the word "authentic" out of my head.

The colours are great, and whilst the stickers are seen a LOT, it's rarely to an effect like this that works really well! And his is without mentioning that super great hat.

I can't really comment on the Opera Star. I don't like the glittery look, but it's the whole point so, anything I say would be bias. LOVE the trousers though, might steal that.

As promised; sorry it's a bit lacklustre.

So the Chinese Princess is lovely, the sticker work turns what could be a dull outfit into something sleek and simple, easy on the eyes without overdoing anything, which is my kind of perfect!

But the hat.

It's interesting, but I just can't like it. For me it unbalances her entire figure. It's very good for breaking up the pink and stopping to monotomy, and it's very cool, but I just don't like it? Sorry man, the rest of her is GREAT though.

I REALLY like the Grandmaster. He has a certain suaveness to him - A kind of, casual sophistication. I can't think of what to say about him other than I like him a lot. I can't get the word "authentic" out of my head.

The colours are great, and whilst the stickers are seen a LOT, it's rarely to an effect like this that works really well! And his is without mentioning that super great hat.

I can't really comment on the Opera Star. I don't like the glittery look, but it's the whole point so, anything I say would be bias. LOVE the trousers though, might steal that.
1. Chinese Princess: I appreciate the comments. I put a lot of thought into color balance. Pink as primary, green as secondary. Since both are light and unsaturated, I contrasted it with the dark red on the sash (which also avoids complicating the palette with an entirely new color since red is just a darker shade of pink). The hat's based on this Qin Dynasty hat:
huoyachx3cfsxocy.jpg
I tried to offset the hat's bulkiness by using the flared sleeves and poofy pants. Objectively speaking, it's still pretty ridiculous, but it's certainly a unique look you won't find in any other country (or any other time period for that matter).

2. Grandmaster: Since I used up all the other special equipment to make the hat, I had to figure out another way to add facial hair, and Chinese Elvis was the result. The coat was originally gold, standard for emperors of the time, but that tiger sticker somehow jumps out like a motherfucker no matter what you do to it. So I changed the primary color to red, China's favorite color. This subdued the orange tiger and accented the blue dragon for balance. The image on the shirt's supposed to be a tiger and a dragon hunting down a dove going "lol noobs." It also echoes the unchangeable white strip on the hat's scroll component.

3. Beijing Opera: Lol. If I had the option of slapping on three more flags and twice the glitter, it STILL couldn't compare to the gaudiness of the authentic costumes. Great for trolling online though.

I've got one more Chinese CaS (a Tao goddess) up on the 8th page, but I know work's got ya hustlin' like no other, so no worries, brother. 萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲 (old Chinese salute, usually to the emperor, that translates to "may you live for 10^8 years!")

I was going to say - The colours ARE nicely done. Even if there's a lot of similar shades, it does still manage to not look flat. I probably should've worded that better.

And it's an extremely faithful recreation of the real-life hat, I just dislike the real-life hat as well, so there we are. It's interesting, of course, just not my tastes, Still, an excellent build!

Regarding the Grandmaster, that makes a lot of sense. It's difficult to create something that looks unique without using the ExEq, or some smattering of pocket/ribbon/star stickers, so to have created such an iconic look with such a simple flavour really is a testament to your abilities, which is not to say that simple is used negatively of course, nor does it mean it's "easy", quite the opposite in fact!
I can't say I noticed the theme of the stickers, but now I certainly do - Honestly I feel a little dumb. #TeamDove

Why thank you good man, and I hope you live 10^8 good years too!

That headress on the opera singer is insane and a mighty fine job on the grandmaster those stickers make the whole top happen

A new original with GLaDOS-inspired alternate costume.

SPACE COLONY SECURITY ANDROID
A mass-produced gynoid designed with a beautiful, yet decidedly creepy, human face to facilitate communication and, if the situation demands, intimidation of humanoids

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png.jpg

Design notes: Influenced by the S.A.B.R.E. Force units from the game, Remember Me, and @Mephie's cyborg from an old contest. The transition helmet was loosely based on the awesome energy helmets worn by the Kryptonian invaders from 2013's Man of Steel film.

Technical stuff: Feathers of strength on head, turtle shell and scroll on neck. Phoenix, pocket, and number 1 stickers on face with Face Paint 13. Square, pocket, and number 1 stickers on glossy top with Basic 17 pattern. Two pocket stickers on glossy pants (one behind). Most body parameters increased (+10 to +20) to bulk up the form-fitting equipment, making it look more like armor. As usual, waist is minimized (-20) to show off dat ass :P

Attachments

• formula-android.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:
Back