Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

Slade knows the good stuff as usual.
tumblr_m8i3vrexCF1qfmb5t.jpg

44A is the ultimate answer to Viola's Set BBB. It CH's everything she tries to do including any kind of movement for tons of $$$. Just keep in mind you are unsafe if she just blocks.

THANK YOU! New member by the way, been lurking forever but not actually playing seriously. Tried to pick up aeon when I first started...then Raphael...and yea. Not the most friendly of characters to use when fighting all the violas, etc. Just want to pop inanother thank you and say what I have been using.

Empty AB (SW Stance) into block/AA
2K into backdash (You guys knew bout this of course) and alot of 7K/7B against the likes of Voldo and Lexia after a 2k on hit.
You folks saved me from 66K with all that 4bk talk.
And added fun. Mix ups with 2k and 2b and run up WR B or WR A. Once you make em block when you move the duck typically tricka them into attacking and free combo/ grab/mid mix up. Not to mention how confused they get from a move they normlly see while rising.

I was hoping someone would answer that. Looks like you need some guiding. Slade I hate your avatar by the way.

Edit: Slade maybe it's about time we do something about this place. Also come to NEC, scrub.

Last edited:
I was hoping someone would answer that. Looks like you need some guiding. Slade I hate your avatar by the way.

Edit: Slade maybe it's about time we do something about this place. Also come to NEC, scrub.
Maybe a WR B guide is in order. Tech traps, safe force blocks, that kind of thing. I probably won't have time to work on it until winter break though.

My avatar is dabesssss.

Has anyone tested 66B~delayed BE K? It seems like if you delay the BE as long as possible it resets the damage. Normal hit was around 86-87 and on counter hit it got up to 96. It really isnt consistent damage wise tho and im not sure if it only resets if they gaurd.

You cant tech the fireball tho, only after it hits you. I was delaying the fireball as long as possible and if the AI stands into it, the damage resets. Its probably JGable tho.

Okay so i did some more testing:

The vid basically shows that you cant ukemi/tech after 66B, you cant ukemi/tech the fireball, and you cant roll the fireball. Thing is that the damage doesnt reset if the opponent tries to roll , but it will still hit.

IF THE OPPONENT STANDS INTO THE DELAYED FIRE BALL
Normal hit: 85-90
Normal hit/Clean hit: around 94
Counter hit: 94-99
Counter hit/Clean hit: around 103
This essentially adds 17-24 damage.

IF THE OPPONENET ROLLS THE DELAYED FIREBALL
This adds 7-8 damage compared to the non-delayed verision which only adds 4.

Yeah its not the most practical thing considering people wont consistently stand into it. You only really benefit from this if they stand into it. Something to know i suppose....

I'm too lazy to actually post this where it belongs right now :

1. 8 minutes ago - Reptile:
    Party Wolf
  2. 8 minutes ago - Reptile:
    I finally got my Xbox to work.
  3. 8 minutes ago - Reptile:
    The best wall combo off 7K is actually :
  4. 5 minutes ago - Reptile:
    7K W! > iWRK > 66K W! > 1B$ > 44K = 137 DMG.
  5. 5 minutes ago - Reptile:
    If you substitute 44K with CE, it's 177 lmao
  6. 5 minutes ago - Reptile:
    Gotta start whoring that. It's all guaranteed.
  7. 4 minutes ago - Reptile:
    What a cheap ass Lizard. SSSSSSS+
  8. 3 minutes ago - Reptile:
    This reminds me I should work on my SA sometime.
  9. A moment ago - Reptile:
    7K now Top 10 move.
Edit : I wanna say it's even better than that because I'm gonna use this post GI with my foe against a wall now because it's less risky than 66K cause the reGI will send you flying unexpectedly for low damage. Can't reGI though, so 66K's still viable.

Why do CE when you can just do 44BAA for the same damage and for no meter? No one paid attention to my discovery when I posted this ;_;

Just tested it with the combo I posted, while 44BAA does more damage than 44K here, CE still deals the heaviest.

I havent posted in here for a long ass time so I start now. How is the Aeon vs Alpha Pat and Algol matchup I've been curious about this for a while now?

So recently I've been using BBB almost exclusively as a whiff punishing tool, and I like it for the following reasons:
  • More range than 3B
  • More damage than 66A, 66A+B and 22B
  • Faster than 4B+K and 66A+B
Any thoughts on this or other whiff punishment tools?

Some musings about BBB:
It's not a bad idea to use it instead of 3B as your go-to whiff punisher against characters that have deceptively long range on their pokes. For example, if you backdash far enough away from Mitsu to make his 6B whiff, there's a good chance 3B won't have enough range to work. This goes both ways though; against someone like Leixia or Pyrrha it's almost always best to go for 1B BE or 3B whiff punishes. It's true that you'll get stabbed if you're too slow on the 3Bs, but BB isn't hit confirmable so you're eating death either way there.

BBB can be used to effectively piss off the opponent because it's annoying as shit to get hit by.

After landing BBB you end up with a somewhat ambiguous situation; you're just far enough away that people might want to press their luck on wakeup. If you have the life lead it's not a bad idea to just stand there and either let the opponent do something stupid or just have nothing happen and be no worse off.

BBB is a solid positioning tool to push your opponent toward something (on hit, obviously) and is better than 66A in this regard. 8B+K into 44BAA will function similarly for this so it can be seen as a matter of preference between the different oki situations each option yields.

It's good that you guys started discussing bbb. I didn't pay attention to bbb having longer range then 3b.

Some thoughts on 6(k) full charge into CE near walls. It seems to me that it does not connect only if the wall is aligned straight. If there is any angle or corner it seems to reliably connect, it also connects if there is a breakable wall behind the opponent. For example, if you start Ivys big floating crystal stage and run straight forward to the wall, it is at an angle not straight. While some stages have straight walls, in those corners work. And of course, you can always do it at the ring edge for a unblockable RO win.

Last edited:
Back