Algol General Discussion/Q&A

Double super? Leixia can't use her CE twice in the same combo. What would that be? And Algol can combo for like 160 damage with a single bar. There are chars who can't get that damage with two bars.

Double super? Leixia can't use her CE twice in the same combo. What would that be? And Algol can combo for like 160 damage with a single bar. There are chars who can't get that damage with two bars.

Algol's CE costs 2 full bars. and Lexia CAN use her CE twice in the same combo

Really? Now that's unexpected. I had never played him out of Training mode so I really didn't know Algol's CE cost 2 bars.
And how can Leixia combo her CE twice? Its animation leaves the opponent otg.

Really? Now that's unexpected. I had never played him out of Training mode so I really didn't know Algol's CE cost 2 bars.
And how can Leixia combo her CE twice? Its animation leaves the opponent otg.

If his CE didn't cost 2 bars Algol would be kinda broken I think. I don't know what combos specifically allow Lexia to do her CE twice but I'm sure if you swing by the Lexia board you could find out pretty quickly.

But you can activate Algol's CE with just one bar, what consumes another bar is its "followup" (236A+B+K during the CE), right? Can you combo anything off of the single-bar CE?

Does 214A+B have some kind of tracking on it? Every time I've used it against anyone familiar with it, they sidestepped it like hell early on in the animation and I pay for it. I did this earlier today and the ball seemed to curve into me T_T

Am I just going crazy(crazier)?

Does 214A+B have some kind of tracking on it? Every time I've used it against anyone familiar with it, they sidestepped it like hell early on in the animation and I pay for it. I did this earlier today and the ball seemed to curve into me T_T

Am I just going crazy(crazier)?
I think it does not track but its huge

I think it does not track but its huge
This. A lot of verticals that "track" just have huge hitboxes. Tracking is when the move re-orients itself to catch a stepping opponent. Huge hitboxes just plain hit the opponent because they didn't step far enough out of the way. A lot of Siegfried's verticals had big hitboxes pre-launch, but they were reduced, which is the reason he has random whiffing issues.

Stole an interesting bit of technology from a French player called GoodDreamer. After a blocked 6BBB, if the opponent doesn't block 11K they will be launched by the bubble. This does allow followups like 66B BE and FC 8B/FC8B BE.

Stole an interesting bit of technology from a French player called GoodDreamer. After a blocked 6BBB, if the opponent doesn't block 11K they will be launched by the bubble. This does allow followups like 66B BE and FC 8B/FC8B BE.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Yes, this works quite well. It can be mixed up with 22A, also leading to a combo opportunity. This mixup works well on the side of the ring edge. You can also implement this mixup with 4A+B BE using the second set of slow bubbles for the pressure.

Also, regarding 6BBB, if you do 6BBB and they don't move, you can do 22B to guard break. If timed correctly, they will block the 22B but still get hit by the bubble, allowing you to combo. You can combo 4BA, but they can block a 44B attempt. CE also combos in this situation. It's very situational and unlikely they'll freeze for that long, but good to know.

I just started playing Algo and can't get this to work...
44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > FC 8B (135+) 25% meter
Is this due to the patch or am I just failing?
In particular the FC 8B BE after the first 66A+B I can't even get to hit, seems blockable. In addition, FC 8B BE > 2A+B is blockable as well or so it appears so.
Tips?

I don't know what combos specifically allow Lexia to do her CE twice but I'm sure if you swing by the Lexia board you could find out pretty quickly.

lexia's CE combos directly into itself as a really glitchy looking otg pickup that does just as much as algol's maybe more after certain starters like 4A+B

I just started playing Algo and can't get this to work...
44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > FC 8B (135+) 25% meter
Is this due to the patch or am I just failing?
In particular the FC 8B BE after the first 66A+B I can't even get to hit, seems blockable. In addition, FC 8B BE > 2A+B is blockable as well or so it appears so.
Tips?

Here's a note I posted in the combo discussion thread:

The trick to landing the combo looks like this:

44B ~ 66A+B (hold 2 during 66A+B) ~ ( at the second "clap" you then do) 8B BE ~ 2A+B ~ FC 8B (135+ damage, 25%)

Here's a note I posted in the combo discussion thread:

The trick to landing the combo looks like this:

44B ~ 66A+B (hold 2 during 66A+B) ~ ( at the second "clap" you then do) 8B BE ~ 2A+B ~ FC 8B (135+ damage, 25%)
I must of missed the note, sorry. Does 66A+B put me in crouch because it sure doesn't look like it.

I must of missed the note, sorry. Does 66A+B put me in crouch because it sure doesn't look like it.

no it doesn't. you just have to be holding 2 during it. this applies for any combo to FC 8B really, you want to hold 2 during the move prior to the FC 8B

Back