Algol General Discussion/Q&A

It is basically the same as it was in SC4. It's a safe mid with full TC and good frames on hit.

Hi everyone I'm quite new to SC series but I like it. I have a noob question that Algol's CE's second version, which the move list says
236236A+B+K during hit 236A+B+K

However I tried many times but I was never able to work it out. I wonder the correct timing for "during hit". Same problem exists with Alpha Pat's many moves. Can anyone tell me the right timing of "during hit"? Thanks a lot.

Hi everyone I'm quite new to SC series but I like it. I have a noob question that Algol's CE's second version, which the move list says
236236A+B+K during hit 236A+B+K

However I tried many times but I was never able to work it out. I wonder the correct timing for "during hit". Same problem exists with Alpha Pat's many moves. Can anyone tell me the right timing of "during hit"? Thanks a lot.

its during the hit, you are probably putting it in too early. I like to time if for when algol's fist hits the ground and then put in the command for the 2nd part

Apart from A,A_2A, does Algol have any fast and safe stepkillers? 22A is too slow and 3A,A is -14 (both hits). Is 4A,B what I am looking for?
This and poor movement seem to be the biggest issues for me at the moment.

Apart from A,A_2A, does Algol have any fast and safe stepkillers? 22A is too slow and 3A,A is -14 (both hits). Is 4A,B what I am looking for?
This and poor movement seem to be the biggest issues for me at the moment.
4AB and 44AB are both easy to hit confirm but I'm not a fan of them. WR A is a great stepkiller from what I've found, and it gives a pretty scary throw/mid mixup on hit.

4AB and 44AB are both easy to hit confirm but I'm not a fan of them. WR A is a great stepkiller from what I've found, and it gives a pretty scary throw/mid mixup on hit.

you mean 44AA, and I don't think it is hit confirmable. it's his best stepkill if you have full meters though.

4AB is pretty decent, easily hit-confirmable, decent range, knockdown etc. 44AA can indeed NOT be hit-confirmed, but it does ridiculous dmg with double super. Overall his stepkill is pretty weak. If people dont duck the 2nd hit of 6AAB I would always go with that for stepkilling first.

I've been messing around with 44AA online after seeing y'all talk about it, and it's worked wonders. It's landed almost every time I used it, it's like the opp doesn't see it coming. It's a good step kill and for me it shut down opponents that were running towards me.​

Some guy online tried to tell me that there were tournament banned characters in this game & that Algol was one of them? Jin the other? From the Tier talk above I'd say that's completely untrue exactly like I told him?

Back