Algol General Discussion/Q&A

I realized recently that 11B is a good round ender cause it is a 22 dmg unseeable low....so that means it isn't affected by guts like 1K and 11K are. Handy...

Whoa, 7_8_9B+KK (FOOT DIVE) breaks in 6 and is only -4 on block? I mean, sure it's slow, but it's hard to punish even on whiff and it has an evasive startup.

I've grown fond of WR A into a throw/mid mixup. WR A leaves them in BT with huge advantage for you (+8). Scary stuff. Depending on what buttons they push, you either get a right side throw (65 damage), back throw (70 damage, unescapable except by 3 characters), or regular mixup between command throw and B+G (60/50 damage).

Damn Marvel fans, it's not a FOOT DIVE. It's a FULL SPEED AERIAL KICK.

I call that a DIVE KICK. Like so:

funny,hitbox,mvc3,stupid,trollface,wolverine-ed000c802e811fdbcf5beacf186ff30e_h.jpg

EDIT: The hitbox for the DIVE KICK is NOT the PINK but the BLACK

Not sure if this has been mentioned or asked before, but is there a specific condition that makes it so Algol doesn't use the guns when shooting bubbles, but just uses his hands?​
I have a custom Algol using Crave who doesn't grow the guns when using bubble moves. I thought Crave was responsible but another version of that same custom also using Crave with just 2 different pieces of clothing does grow the gun.​
Strange, has anyone else noticed this? It looks pretty sick.​

Not sure if this has been mentioned or asked before, but is there a specific condition that makes it so Algol doesn't use the guns when shooting bubbles, but just uses his hands?​
I have a custom Algol using Crave who doesn't grow the guns when using bubble moves. I thought Crave was responsible but another version of that same custom also using Crave with just 2 different pieces of clothing does grow the gun.​
Strange, has anyone else noticed this? It looks pretty sick.​
I've seen modded CaSes with this issue. I've never seen a legitimate one like this, though.

Is there a list of Algol's basic punishers? I'm asking because I can't play the game at the moment and check it.

I've seen modded CaSes with this issue. I've never seen a legitimate one like this, though.
Screenshotting doesn't work in a mock battle so I took some pics on my phone:​
tumblr_m31g17P1iQ1qi3yx6o1_500.png
tumblr_m31g2wIKJ81qi3yx6o1_500.png
tumblr_m31g4uwLuQ1qi3yx6o1_500.png
I messed around and it's the eagle head that's casuing it. It also happens with the goat head and wolf head, but not the minotaur or deer head. Didn't test any others. It affects all of his bubble moves including his right side throw.​
Pretty cool little detail, not sure why it only happens w certain animal heads though.​
Edit: Also noticed it makes the blades on moves like 3A invisible (including the ones on his feet), but you sill see the colored line.​
It doesn't make the normal soulcalibur and soul edge blades invisible, the spikes from his back, or the claw thing that comes of his chest, they all remain visible.​

I'm away from my console right now:
Is Algol FC 3B a Mid?
I seem to remeber it being SM in SCIV and was wondering if it had application as an anti TJ option to use alongside 2A vs TJ as a low risk mixup for example after Oprah 1K 1K (Where 2A will fail) etc?

I'm away from my console right now:
Is Algol FC 3B a Mid?
I seem to remeber it being SM in SCIV and was wondering if it had application as an anti TJ option to use alongside 2A vs TJ as a low risk mixup for example after Oprah 1K 1K (Where 2A will fail) etc?

It is a mid, with +4 frames on hit I believe, but I am sure that it is mid and is -8 on block

Back