Algol General Discussion/Q&A

I thought it might be something like that, but would it really create that many issues? I'm not sure it's so different from any other character, particularly ones like Viola, ZWEI or Ivy.

I thought it might be something like that, but would it really create that many issues? I'm not sure it's so different from any other character, particularly ones like Viola, ZWEI or Ivy.
They probably didn't want to recreate the bubble infinites of the previous games.

Anyhow, this thread is for gameplay discussion regarding Algol. CaS related discussion belongs in the Casual section of the forums.

Anyhow, this thread is for gameplay discussion regarding Algol. CaS related discussion belongs in the Casual section of the forums.

Yes, please stop talking about it here lol. You've been doing a great job here btw Slade

Has anybody found much use for that hair flick attack Algol has? I use it against Astaroth because of how big he is, but other than that, it seems like Algol's only useless attack.

Has anybody found much use for that hair flick attack Algol has? I use it against Astaroth because of how big he is, but other than that, it seems like Algol's only useless attack.
it can be used off WS B to combo into CE but it really is a useless attack since you can do more damage with less meter than WS B, b8, CE2. I guess it's just one of those show offy moves you use when you've obviously got a match in the bag.

So apparently 6B/6BB can break guard when done from full crouch but not from a standing position, same as Dampierre's 6B.

srsly wtf

that's pretty weird yea...

I think algol's gauge game is really bad though. He can only really jack your gauge well if they're failing to punish moves like 3BB, 44AA, DP, etc.

I guess PS made Algol's gauge game kinda bad to compensate for having near 100% combos after a guard break. Otherwise I think he may be super OP.

I guess PS made Algol's gauge game kinda bad to compensate for having near 100% combos after a guard break. Otherwise I think he may be super OP.

yeah I'd agree with that. he has a good mixup game and crazy combos so having a good gaurd game game too would be a bit much

Has anybody found a practical use for 6BBB against opposition who know Algol well yet? I'm giving it a fair chance, but I just prefer to throw where I'd use it instead. =/

Yeah, figured. =/
Just wondered if there was any decent tech to be found with it. Ah well...
Actually, up close near a wall it can combo off CE1, and depending on the range you are from the opponent (the bubble has to hit just early enough to combo but just late enough for you to recover) you can combo 3B for a wallsplat. Very inconsistent, though.

The second hit is also capable of splatting opponents out of the air, plus it sets up a bubble to give some fairly strong oki afterwards. No real ways of setting it up though because you'd just be wasting damage after a launcher.

The only real application is to bait your opponent into attacking you with a somewhat fast attack with a successful 22A, or other attack that leaves you at slight advantage, then you CH them with a free 6BBB. If you're near the ring edge 6KK combos after the 6BBB on CH.

If the bubble is shot late, you usually get a free attempt at a 66B, if it lands and you got at least 25% meter, you can 3B BE them into the A+B B, recover toss a A+B bubble, then the third B from 6BBB will hit them to keep them in the air, then your A+B will hit and you get a free QI B for about 150 damage. Although, it is from the slow moving bubble setup from 6BBB and even then your opponent must get hit by 66B. Otherwise it's a nice gimmick to keep in your pocket in case it ever happens.

Been playing keepy uppies with Algols bubbles.

How many bubbles have you guys managed in a single combo?

I got 8, counting 66A+B as two

Just found that when an opponent reflects Algol's bubble, they do NOT bounce off of walls. Instead they keep hitting the wall and are stuck there until they disappear.

How do you guys feel about the Mitsu match up? I like to stay midrange with Algol but I feel Mitsu dominates that area as well as close range. How do people approach that match up?

Is the combo somewhat practical?

Hmmm, dunno. You have to be right in their face and 44B for it to work. A move which is probably best used at a distance.

But I did manage to do something similar online.

44B>4A+B BE>(milisecond wait) 2A+B> A+B>(dash) 66A+B>66B BE>4BA

That takes around 150 damage and involves 8 bubbles.

I'm a new Algol player so I can't incorporate iWR 8B BE for shit, as this appears to be the damage dealing BE in combos. I'll post some vids tomorrow because its fun xD

Back