Algol General Discussion/Q&A

Yeah Algol isn't banned, he's not an OP boss anymore (although he still is, just not gameplay wise).​

Is anyone test B+K impact time(from press the button to disappear )? I think it is a best tool to solve some force mix-up

Is anyone test B+K impact time(from press the button to disappear )? I think it is a best tool to solve some force mix-up
I prefer QI A+BB for escaping run-up mixups usually. Doing both bubbles is super unsafe but it's easy to confirm if they whiffed an attack and the tech jump frames start much faster than the invincibility/teleport frames on B+K.

On an unrelated note, I was testing 4B+K last night and I have no idea how it works. If the opponent presses 4G after blocking 11B (-21) they'll get caught by 4B+K, despite backdash only having a 20-frame vulnerability period, but you can do 46 (cancelling backdash into forward dash) and escape sometimes, but other times you get caught during the forward dash anyways.

In conclusion, it appears that 4B+K is either hits on frame negative one, or it's a really, really weird move that's hard to test. However, it does catch step cancel into forward dash or sidestep when you're at -19, meaning its activation is at least frame 1, making it the fastest move in the game. Tonight I'll test how many frames it leaves you vulnerable for if it doesn't catch the opponent.

EDIT: 4B+K appears to leave you vulnerable for 58 frames if it doesn't catch backstep. Ouch.

Anybody got some 22B force block setups, on oki or the like? Just curious, I might do some testing for some but I'm terrible at that sort of stuff :\.

Anybody got some 22B force block setups, on oki or the like? Just curious, I might do some testing for some but I'm terrible at that sort of stuff :\.
3B, 3BB, A+G, B+G, 6AAB, and 66B BE lead to an untechable knockdown where they have to block it if they try to tech or just stand up. Unfortunately it can be evaded by just rolling. After 3AA it seems to track as well, even if they tech, but smaller characters might be able to screw that up. After 6KK, 22B will track siderolls for a force block and if they try to roll on the ground it'll hit them. Back tech escapes it but 2A will catch all tech and 4B+K catches back tech. The same is true for 44B > 33ABK.

As far as I know, there are no truly inescapable setups for it, though.

Anyone interested in meter gain stuff for him? Tomorrow after some errands and stuff I might do some testing to see what we want getting blocked for meter gain since we need meter for good damage.

Gentlemen,

After travelling far and wide in search of a character who would prove to be the perfect fit, I have found myself here. My first few matches using the Hero King have told me almost everything I need to know about him - put simply, I expect to have a lot of fun with him for quite some time. As a show of good faith, I've gone ahead and done most of the Just Guard data for Algol - there are a few rather difficult moves that still need to be tested, but most of the moves are done. The notes for the moves that I haven't quite found yet are below:

Code:
6AAB   = more than -24, less than -28
2A     = less than -12
1A     = more than -24, less than -28
2B     = less than -15
623B   = at least -43, less than 48
2B     = at least -13
1K     = at least -21, no more than -24
WR K   = at least -21 (confirmed), possibly -22
9K     = at least -21 (confirmed), possibly -22
214A+B = at least -31
2B+K   = at least -20, less than -24
BTB+K  = less than -13
33AB   = at least -38
11B    = at least -30, less than -38

Good day, gentlemen.

=.= Does anyone know the actual reason?
I'm assuming it has to do with animation and scaling. Because his 'weapons' are inside him and come out, it would be impossible to have CAS characters use his moveset without a huge amount of graphical and clipping issues given the many different CAS body sizes.​
(◡‿◡✿)

Ive always found that weird because they allow you to edit Algol himself, Ive successfully created Megaman X, Zero, Vile, Sigma, Protoman (shield in hand), Protoman (Shield on back), Megaman.exe, Protoman.exe, Bass.exe, Shadowman.exe, and Quickman.exe with great success. Algols kit makes characters from the megaman series really cool cause of his body weapons. the only clipping issue that ive seen is when an etra piece intersects his arm his arm blaster animation dosent happen. (noticed when i attempted to make theur guns) but I found if you left them alone then the gun mechanic was actually favorable

Yes but Algol's height/body shape never changes. In CAS chars it does. That's what will create the issues.​

Back