Celmisia (my manga project)

Round the corner, almost to the small garden on the grounds. Favorite place. Uncared for, and overgrown. No weeds, but all the plants fighting for the same space. Funny, like Ancora.
^
FUCKING GENIUS!!!!!!

i also really loved the story too. very well done. oh and the girl yelling "what is your power? to watch?" made me lol. oh and just for the record about Rebecca and the chainsaw girl (Astrid). they loathe each other but it's in a way like they hate what each other's morals(more like their goals or interest are) are.

Why would he (Yu) be so mean? XD

Not being mean, more 'breaking up an unnecessary fight.' He seems like a stand-up guy, one who'd want to prevent a fight with no reason behind it (with that statement I shot that whole chapter in the foot...)

I'm going to revise the fight scene, I'm not satisfied with it. Not fast enough. Or violent enough.

FUCKING GENIUS!!!!!!

You are too kind!

i also really loved the story too. very well done. oh and the girl yelling "what is your power? to watch?" made me lol. oh and just for the record about Rebecca and the chainsaw girl (Astrid). they loathe each other but it's in a way like they hate what each other's morals(more like their goals or interest are) are.

What are their differences in morals and goals? That is great, Vince! Can't wait to see their back and forth banter on the page.

can't wait the finish the part that dupp and I are working on!

Seems I got a name change, lol XD!!

Speaking of, do you want me or you to post the final version? I've gathered our snippets back and forth and been putting them in a word document. I can mesh them and make it sound more natural as a conversation, though I'll have to use the jarring perspective switch between the two (three) characters.

Your call Morrows!

Not being mean, more 'breaking up an unnecessary fight.' He seems like a stand-up guy, one who'd want to prevent a fight with no reason behind it (with that statement I shot that whole chapter in the foot...)

Speaking of, do you want me or you to post the final version? I've gathered our snippets back and forth and been putting them in a word document. I can mesh them and make it sound more natural as a conversation, though I'll have to use the jarring perspective switch between the two (three) characters.

Your call Morrows!

Well hell! since You already did that you can post it. just send me the draft to me to see if i missed anything.
Via Email or second conversation..

and why would you shoot something in the Foot!?!

Miss Cathy/Marcos
CH-004 (Part 1)
06/12/2097 - 06:12pm
"Best Laid Plans.."

Cathy smokes one last cigarette before she heads out to find answers, "hmm...."

She walks through the halls, not to crowded down here by the music department. She reaches to the door and breaths deeply.

Here we go.

The door creaked opened and she was greeted with a waft of fresh, cold air, air that smelled faintly of pipe tobacco.

"Apologies," Marcos knew she was coming here, damn him, "We prefer a little chill in the air."

Then she noticed the silence where there was once music. Tried to remember what it was that was playing.

"Cecelia," Cathy noticed the girl in the far corner, wrapped around a cello, who perked up and brightened when Marcos spoke to her.

Unlike how the other students describe this girl.

"Please continue playing, you were doing well," Marcos finished.

"Yes, Herra," the girl said. (Sir)

Marcos got up from his desk, "No need to be so reserved around our guest, I'm sure her reasons for coming are good-natured."

"So, what brings you to my humble little area of the school today?"

Cathy takes a seat in front of him and crosses her legs, “Let’s cut the bull shit. How did you and that girl end up hear? And why hasn't this girl ended up at psyche ward?"
Her voice raised, more authoritative and demanding.

The music stopped again.

"Cecelia, please continue," Marcos said.

"Herra, what would you like to hear?"

"Something from your self, Cecelia. Let your hands and heart form the music."

"Yes, Herra," and the girl returned to her playing, and Marcos returned to the blunt woman who had interrupted his routine.

"So you want to know about us then. I will oblige to a point, but expect something in return. As to how we ended up here, there was a grand opportunity, with pay beyond what could be achieved at home, how was I to pass that up?

Cathy furrowed her eyes, he was stalling.

He turned to Cecelia, "Would you play louder please?"

"Yes, Herra," and she did. (Sir/Mister)

Marcos turned back to the woman, "As to the girl, she is my ward. Do not worry about her. She has never harmed another student, and will not do so."

Cathy little annoyed at the fact that Marcos so calm, "You should know that I'm that person who knows things. Too many for her own good."

Cathy bites her pen but enjoys the music played by the young girl

"Ah, you’re a person who knows things,” Marcos took to care to hide his sarcasm, “I can see from your rampant smoking that there must be some issues bigger than us you have to contend with. Stress shows itself easily. The way you barged in, chewing on your pen even now. Must be under some pressure of your own."

He calmly leaned back in his chair. "Is your little chemist set not up to snuff? You want information. For who's sake? Yours? Some dirt on another so you may point fingers when if you come under fire? 'Oh I'm not like him at all,'" Mocking her voice this time. “Worried someone may become fit to replace you? Don't fret, it's not me. I couldn't really be bothered, plus then who would fill my position? However, the reasons why you come to enact the Spanish Inquisition are much more interesting. No other teacher has taken such interest in the girl. Though you can hardly be acting on your own.”

Damn him, Miss Cathy would think him clever if he wasn’t such an ass about it.

"Your wondering about the girl's past, now there must be something to that. Something beyond a lowly Chemistry instructor. What, though, is the question.”

Cathy feels Marcos dodging her questions but understands what he's asking, "I see where this is going. No, I am not some lowly teacher trying to get dirt on you. They can't replace me, most likely kill me if anything but knowing things is what keeps me alive.”

"So Ancora isn't above killing its own. Honorable," Marcos' sarcasm was present.

Miss Cathy continued, "I know what happened three years ago and I also know you were hired by this girls parents during this little event. Now What I want to know why would stay here knowing all to well what goes on below."

She saw Marcos’ hand fall and heard the latch give on a certain drawer of his desk.

Is he really so easily intimidated? Though I’d do the same if I was him, Miss Cathy thought.

"Knowing about my dear here would do you no good. She went missing; the girl’s parents hired me to find her. A little hobby and a knack for finding things, but the past is past, and cannot be changed whether you know it or not. I supposed you could inform the Finnish police of us. Though they would see she is well cared for here, ah! Part of the reason I stay right there!” Marcos could see he was making this woman irritated. And he smiled for it.

"As to the-" turned again, "Cecelia, up tempo please."

"-As to the war. I could always leave, dear Ms. Cathy. Surely, we could go back to Esploo. Or another town, and be quite happy and leave you all to your little war.

Cathy grabs a mint and throws it in her mouth, “But knowing things keeps you alive, you’ll learn soon Marcos. I know things, so I’m still here. Like how you hide your colt 45 in your desk and she hides a knife in her sock. I would like them where they are. I hate conflict."

Marcos withdrew the pistol from the drawer and checked the weapon. He snapped the cylinder shut and lay it atop the desk. "I assume the pistol was common knowledge, and I didn't think it would be a major concern. Cecelia tells me everyone here has an armament of some sort; she went around playing with Yu's sword while he was asleep."

"It's too heavy," Cecelia said as she played.

"And everyone knows the faculty took her knife away. But anyone with a decent pair of eyes could see the bulge in her pant leg,” Marcos said, "A favor for a favor then. I gave you information, now you will tell me where you heard about her past.”

The music stops. Marcos nods to Cecelia the continue playing
"You be surprised at what you can find on the Cyberia net. I know she killed a man, the wrong one. But I don't care then, I what to know the now. You've come to another hell Marcos and that's hard to get out."

He tapped the pistol on the desk, and leaned forward, "Also, correction: she killed the right man. He was guilty of a lot of things that he needed to answer for, but not-Cecelia play louder, you always grow soft."

The music intensified, but Marcos' voice fell, "But not of her parents. Though he did rather deserve it, you should have flipped through his photo collection... But you don't care about any of that, do you?" Relaxed back in the chair, "As for the now, we couldn't stay in Finland. Especially after whatever was hunting the girl. Another hell, a lesser hell, though possibly a haven for us. Whomever sawed up her parents had their reasons. Here, surrounded by all sorts of folk with ridiculous powers and bullshit you only find in bad comics, where could be safer?"

Marcos eyes shine, Miss Cathy wondering if he got like this when he was thinking hard, "So the war to end is what you're after. 'Put the ones responsible in a grave,' but you hate conflict."

Marcos fixed his attention on the pistol, he toyed with it, and spun it on the table. Round and round and round and no words said until it came to a rest, barrel pointing towards the woman, "Do not take this the wrong way, but maybe a chance for collaboration. Information for information. The war ending is good, but who you do plan on being the victors?"

More tapping on the gun, and he fixed his gaze to Miss Cathy, "Now what would Ancora want with the girl?"

Ms. Cathy's adjust her glasses. She smiles at Marcos. She giggles and then laughs harder. Marcos makes and awkward face, obliviously curious as of why.

"HAhaaahhaaa... Oh.. this is it. Your the help I need. All this time it was in front of me! You can help me gather evidence to put the leaders of both school away forever or find out what’s in the bottom of the caves. hehe"

Cathy cleans her eyes, "Okay... ah.. Alright. I'll tell you almost anything you want. What they want is for her to join the fight. They think that since she's so unstable she'll make an easy fighter to mold."

Cathy’s face returned to a more serious look.

Marcos returns the smile, "My help? I'm no fighter of course, and you've proven yourself to be quite intelligent, and I have seen you drill in the yard, incredibly capable combatant as well."

"So what could I bring that you couldn't? Surely this is evidence you could gather yourself. You found out about our little secret after all," he nods toward Cecelia.

The music stopped, but neither Marcos nor Miss Cathy took note.

"Ah," Marcos perked up, "Now I see. That's what you need. That's what we have."

Miss Cathy criss-crossed her legs in the chair and she drew a small notebook from her pocket. Her turn to look a little puzzled? Marcos couldn't tell, but this, elegant, woman was no threat.

The drawer re-opened and in went the pistol along with a quiet remark to Miss Cathy, "Never hurts to be suspicious of everyone."
Marcos continued his analysis, "You need someone with no ties to either side. Someone who doesn't care about winning or losing. You are a clever one. We are only here as a safe haven, if it becomes a liability, we will be gone. But Miss Cathy, are your intentions fully honorable? Once the responsible are locked away, you plan to control both? Or is peace something you are honestly after. You'll have to show me."

The whole thing was incredibly cruel; nothing in a fucking cave was worth pitting students against each other. Marcos knew this, and wholly agreed with the teacher. The hell, those teachers’ eyes. She wasn't terrible looking and Cecelia, though unstable, would make a good soldier, or-

"Good fodder," Marcos laughed bitterly, and his eyes finally left the other teacher.

Damn! Entranced by a woman, damn, don't let your guard down, I don't know a thing about her yet.

"What?" Miss Cathy asked, and then giggled, probably thought Marcos was spacey.

"Ancora wants her to be a soldier, think she'd be a good one?” Marcos became serious, “No. If they try to teach her, well, they may find that she is particular on who she will listen to. So I figure in three years we would have to leave, or likely be shunted out, Ancora not getting what it wants."
Then he pointed at Miss Cathy, "But there needs to be trust. I don't know a damn thing about you. And if I'm going to trust you with Cecelia than you'll have show me you mean what you say. You said you would tell us almost anything. Get rid of the 'almost' and we have a deal."

A pause, "So, dear Miss Cathy, what is your plan."

She removed a fresh pen from her breast pocket and began to write.

sscchhhICK

The notebook flew from her hands, and skittered to a stop on the hardwood floor. Blade stuck in the cover.

Shit, Marcos thought, so Cecelia hasn't been exactly idle around here...

"Älä!" Cecelia shouted, "Älkää tee muistiinpanoja!" ("Do not!" "Do not take notes!")

May have to get her out quicker, before someone takes notice.

Miss Cathy's laughter broke his train of thought. "See what I said about 'soldier?' And do tell me what she said."

Cecelia was standing, her pant leg was up a bit, yep, she had thrown the knife.

"We're in England now, please dear, speak the language," Marcos said calmly, hiding the shock of what could have happened, and what Miss Cathy could do, if she was dishonorable.

"Se on inhottavaa, mutta okei," Cecelia said (It’s disgusting, but okay), then with a broken voice, "Miss Cathy, please do not take notes. We will hunt for evidence, it is best that we do not leave any of our own."

Well if Cecelia trusts her... Marcos thought.

Cecelia
CH-005 (Part 2)
06/12/2097 - 7:37 pm
"...Of Monsters and Men"
Cathy gets up and picks up the small note book and looks at me, "Little girl, next time you throw a knife, make sure you target can't get up afterwards or can you lose your only way to fight back."

Hide things other people must not know.

Does the woman know about Rebecca?

The woman Marcos was infatuated with throws the knife. I snatch it from the air and just stare at her, still holding the knife.

Show nothing. If he is anything like Marcos she can read people. He helps me to hide things.

Courtesy dictates, Marcos says, and I reply, "Thank you." English is a confusing language. And gross.

"But this isn't for the conversation we're having. I just came up with a new formula for the plants in my advance class. Aside from that I can't tell you everything, a lady needs her privacy. But I'll settle with that."
How was I to know? Could have plans in that notebook. Someone finds out, they might hurt him! I have to read it. Did Marcos see she wasn't telling the whole truth?
Cathy sits back down and goes on biting her pen, "And my plan is simple either get enough evidence it put 'them' away or find out what’s below us. Afterwards if we get the 'A' scenario we get the law and find more suitable leaders and close up that damn cave. But if we find out what in scenario "b" we I don't know, we'll see till then."

"First tell me a little about yourself then, Miss Cathy,” Marcos says, “Plans later. A deal is a deal. And know, I won't look you up on the damn computer, I want to hear it from you."

Miss Cathy is still eyeing me, I drop to a knee. Don't break her stare, and then she'll know I'm weak.

I sheath the knife and return to my chair. She turns back to Marcos.

Does Marcos trust her? And she's eating all his mints. And he's letting her!

Cathy pops more mints in her mouth and stretches, "Well you want to know about little ol me? Okay when I was little I want to blow a big bubble with gum. It popped in my face and I couldn't breath. After that my parents had to cut my cause of the gum and as punish meant. Is that you want?"
I watched, Marcos was not having any of it.

"I'm after the same thing you seem to be so intrigued with. Where are you from, how you ended up here. Surely a prestigious university would have you. Or a pharmaceutical company," my mentor was direct if anything.

She has more than she would say. Yet she knows all about us.

It isn't fair!

Miss Cathy isn't fair at all. She knows and asks the world, but won't give anything back!

Why can't she go away? Why did she come in the first place? Marcos can see her, right?

A stupid story about her stupid gum, she came here with a plan, and now she's avoiding telling what it is.

I pick up the cello, Marcos gave this one to me. Bought it as a present. It's so nice, and sad. It sounds like it misses someone. Lonely almost.

Like me.

Rebecca would know about this Miss Cathy. I will ask Rebecca.

Cathy sighs to herself, "I'm was hired cause of my regrettable past, thinking that I will help with their efforts but I had a.... big change of heart."

Cecelia watched Marcos rub his eyes, "Regrettable past? Tell me this, who's past isn't regrettable?"
Mine wasn't.

There was the Other and the screaming, but the Other deserved what she got. Marcos even said so!

"And a big change of heart," Marcos continued, Cecelia was paying attention, but only because Marcos was not.

Cathy looks down and back up at Marcos, "Well it’s something that I really don't like telling to new friends and yes I see you guys as new friends."

Friends? She called me a friend?

Cathy bites her pen till it breaks and shuffles on the chair, all sullen now. What bad thing could she have done?

Cathy places her hand on her face, "I really don't like to talk about it. Its one thing to see one horrific event and be the victim of it. It's another to experience and play a part in a lifetime of it."

Cathy Leans back on the chair, eyeing Marcos then me, then back to Marcos and then me again. What is she looking for?

Show nothing.

She places a cigarette in lips but doesn't light it, “You know what. I'm done talking. I rather show you guys you can trust me."

Cathy taps her glasses, "Open and present encrypted document file #0.7.5"
Her glasses projected a small screen in front of Marcos, I can’t see it. But all I see is his eyes widen slightly.

Then the sound of a video, gunfire, and screaming. I look away, try to count the lines of grain in the floor.

One.

Two.

Three.

"But-“ Marcos says.

Cathy quickly shows more, "Open and present encrypted video file #1.1.4..." and she goes on opening files till she can't open anymore. "1465 students dead, 27 alive, 156 videos, 87 documents, 24 dairies, 2 audio files and Not one shred of evidence that the leaders on both sides are behind it! Its all substantial, even the video files. They can easily blame it on school pressures and gang fighting! Hell, they pay the cops to say that."

Cathy finally lights the smoke in her mouth, the room smells again.

"You can see this whenever you want. And I'll tell Cecilia about my past."

Cathy flicks the cigarette ash in a small hand-sized metal container. She crosses her legs again, “How about helping me.”

I start thinking about what could be so bad about Miss Cathy's past. What could she have done in all this? And why not tell Marcos in the first place, he'd understand.

"The number is irrelevant," Marcos' accusatory tone frightens me. A little, "You're a teacher; shouldn't one innocent death be too many?"

Look away, I don't like to see him like this. Not when he is angry. Strange at first, as I fiddle with my cello. He is so quick to condemn someone to death, but now he is against it.

But he condemns the bad guys. Not the innocent. Not the good.

"You sat idle while this went on," his voice is angry, but you can barely tell, like the rest of him.

There is a grating sound from the desk, look up and Marcos slides an ashtray toward Miss Cathy. She is not looking anywhere but her shoes.

Miss Cathy finally told what we wanted. Part of it. It was honest at least.

"Well what else could you have done," Marcos eased up on her, "Powerless alone, is the quote I believe. So no wrong done in waiting for someone to show up, the third party you seek. Happy to know I was right in that guessing," and he smiled briefly.

"Miss Cathy," I ask, why is English so hard!? "That is enough right? Evidence?"

Marcos turns and eyes me, "Cecelia, you heard but you did not listen."

"Herra?" (Finnish for 'Sir')

Even Miss Cathy looked up then.

A sigh from Marcos, "Cecelia, we cannot go to the police. They're likely paid off. And we can't go above their heads, what cause would there to be for them to care? This little war doesn't affect them in the slightest. So why dirty their hands with it?"

He's a good teacher.

"So what are we going to do?"

Marcos turns to Miss Cathy, "Seems you were right after all, we are quite alone here. Alone in this little hell."

Then he laughs.

Laughs right out loud!

Why is he laughing over this?

“Yksin erämaassa, right Cecelia?” he says. (Alone in the wilderness?)

I smile, and the language draws me home. Weird to hear someone else speak it here.

Almost a breath, but I say it anyways, trailing off, "Meidän olisi pitänyt jäi Suomessa. Voisimme kätkeä...."
(We should have stayed in Finland. We could hide.)

"Too late dear," Marcos turns to me, "You are alone, no friends, no family, no police to run to; fighting your fate against an unknown force. Cecelia, what would you do?" He smiles again, at me and Miss Cathy.

Miss Cathy interjects, "Why-"

No one to run to, what I do? No hesitation. I reply to my teacher, broken, frail English.

"Kill them all."

Its another one's turn now! Luneth, what have you been up too? Kirax seems to have disappeared, and any new drawings for us Vince?

Sorry if I havent been on lately. Homework has started to pile up and im getting pretty busy. I hope to have something to show soon. (Actually I do, its about Yu's past before he came to Ancora)

I hope to have something to show soon. (Actually I do, its about Yu's past before he came to Ancora)

I very much look forward to how he got there! Must have been quite a journey from his home to there. I would have liked to see more of his training at his old 'school' and what happened with that place.

Lol, Morrows and I are continuing work (The last two chapters are a dual effort by the both of us, forgot to credit him earlier!! My bad!). There will be something up Tuesday, or Friday at the last, that exposes Cecelia and her past..

i'm too all over the place right now but will work on Rebecca and Astrid's voice and stuff. since they seem to be kind of popular to Cecilia at least.

i'm too all over the place right now but will work on Rebecca and Astrid's voice and stuff. since they seem to be kind of popular to Cecilia at least.

More so the former rather than the later. Truth be told, I should have done with you what Morrows and I are doing when writing Rebecca's part.

Spring, 2093
==4 years before the events of Celmisia==

== School of The Phoenix ==

"DISMISSED!"
With a shout, Sensei Toyama concludes yet another kenjutsu class. The students make their way out of the hall, as Yu makes to pick up his bokken.

"Yamase-kun!"

Turning his head, he saw a girl with a crop of black bobbed hair coming towards him, and he grinned.

Talking to Yuki ,the school's top battojyutsu student (and his girlfriend) was always a pleasure. As usual, she was dressed in her crimson kimono with a phoenix kamon emblazoned on her right lapel.

"What's up, Yuki?" He queried.

"How was today's lesson? Sensei seemed to be rougher on you guys lately."

"He's got no real choice, has he? The conflict is making us all uneasy. So we have to prepare ourselves for whatever comes next."

Yuki's gentle smile faded slightly at the mention of this, and she nodded solemnly.

" Agreed. The Onikaru seem to be planning something against our school too, gathering whoever's sympathetic to their cause - "a nation without boundaries.", when in fact they are just killing innocents in their misguided quest for domination."

"Whoever's planting those warped ideas into their heads should wake up. This is just stupid."

Rounding the corner they bumped into Hayate, one of their best friends. He had the presence of a hawk, and had a subtle way of glancing left and right.

"Ooh, look who's here. The two lovebirds!" At this, Yuki's face flushed, and she looked down.

"Come on, Hayate. There's nothing to be shy about!" Yu laughed, as the two bumped fists.

"Catch you later. " Hayate replied, as he strolled off.

After he had left, Yuki hesitantly raised her head. Before she spoke, Yu cut her off.

"You know Hayate, he's a bit of a joker. Don't mind him!"

"Uhmm...if you say so, then. We should go back to our rooms."

That night, Yu was unable to sleep. He took a book from the shelf and begun to read it, but his mind was not on the contents.

The sensei are openly discussing about the threat of invasion by the Onikaru. Already, their army has already captured several provinces and laid waste to several samurai schools who rallied against their "mission". Though no word has come that our school is to be one of their eventual targets yet.

Is this what I've been training for all this while? Fight in a war, and cause unnecessary bloodshed?

Yu gazed towards his daisho , which bore the same name as the school - Phoenix. The katana and wakizashi had been with him for a long time, and he often looked to them for reassurance. He placed his hand on the katana's handle. If it really came down to war, then he would have no choice.

To be continued.

P.S. Onikaru means "Pit of Demons".

"Ooh, look who's here. The two lovebirds!" At this, Yuki's face flushed, and she looked down.

"Come on, Hayate. There's nothing to be shy about!" Yu laughed, as the two bumped fists.
To be continued.

Fist Buuump!
I see What you did There!! XD
but Nah man that's nice peak at Yu past

Back