Closed Door Namco-Bandai Press Event

• Admin
As most of you probably know by now, there was a press event held by Namco-Bandai today in San Fransisco. During the event, I got to spend some time chatting with FilthieRich, Hisaharu Tago and Michinori Ozawa!

Details of the event will be released throughout the week, so be sure to follow the official Soulcalibur Facebook page, @filthierich, and of course, @Daishi_CALIBUR.

We will keep you updated with the pertinent information as it becomes available.

IMG_0243.JPG

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Jaxel doing work.

The man has been a hard worker since the SC3 days and now he's going up to another level.

Way to go, Jaxel! Keep it up!!!

I think the first line and (maybe) the last line are for new/second generation characters (eg, offspring of original characters). I further suspect that the characters in the first line are more directly connected to soul calibur or soul edge due to their parents or masters. Whereas the last line are for second generation characters that are not "central" to the tales of the two swords (eg, looking for the swords to become stronger). The second line is for original characters with direct link to soul calibur or soul edge. eg, cervantes would go here as well. The third line is for original characters that are loosely connected to SC/SE eg, Mitsu is only looking for the blades because he wants to be the strongest.

Yes, that makes sense. But there is only one thing that doesn't fit well. Why (and how) would Ezio Auditore be directly connected to SoulEdge/SoulCalibur?

Yes, that makes sense. But there is only one thing that doesn't fit well. Why (and how) would Ezio Auditore be directly connected to SoulEdge/SoulCalibur?
he's looking for artefacts that could be useful for the brotherhood?
there are plenty of possible connections to voldo (guarding the money pit) and natsu (who's an assassin and could teach him something something)...

Just want to thank Jaxel & 8wayRun for making it to the event. Hopefully in the future we can turn these into more public events.

I'm currently looking at NEC & SoCal Regionals to visit, I just have to work out the kinks to confirm a way to get people here in the US (fighting game Community) a hands-on + impressions build! Have faith, its coming soon!!!

I will say it again GT TV is getting the exclusive rights to revealing the guest character and if the trailer for episode 503 of GT TV is correct we will also be getting a new guest trailer. It will be out tomorrow; trailer for event:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-503-gt-tv/722440

so we should know everything by tomorrow as far as the guest character goes...we might learn a few new things besides that though. (my guess we will have to wait for other announcements before the full details of the event are released. GTTV likely only got the rights for one of the news releases. who knows maybe we will get more. be hopeful either way all the new news will likely be out by next month

is there any links to watch the GTTV announcement live? It is almost 1:00 here...

I thought Ezio is in a religious brotherhood or something like that (never played assassin's creed). Wouldn't a religious sect be interested in a powerful artifact like that? maybe someone he knew was infected by soul blade. There may also be some connection between his sect and Tira's assassins guilde. but the addition of Raph pretty much disproved my theory. Unless, Raph died at the end of SC4 and was reborned, therefore consisdered as new....

I've played AC2 (not Revelations mind you); Ezio did join a a faction which mainly deals against another group known as the Templars. Perhaps the Templars were to search out for Soul Edge for power.

Way to not post in the Sets SA!!! <_<

I retired from SC4 with that BD debacle back then and I haven't looked back. Namco just fucked up with me then and I stopped my support then.

I'm currently hooked on that Marvel and UMvC3 is coming so that will take a lot of my playing time but I trust Jaxel's opinion on SC5 and will give it a shot and if Setsuka returns, I'll be back 100% again.

Until then, back to Marvel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back