Dampierre and Co's CaS Tips and Tricks Compendium Curio~!

If you are approaching the limits of the topic post, perhaps taking screenshots of each suggestion and posting links (named appropriately for the tips contained within the picture) in the first post? I'm not sure that the example I am about to post will be feasable with several tips being contained within the same posts, you may consider photoshopping many related ones together and add the avatar/username to the left of each person's related tips. This would also allow example pics to be included as well. It would look something like:

TOPIC:
Herndy sherndy derp a derp a derp hurr durr durp durr durr durp durp bork bork bork LE BELLO:

1. General Tips
b. derp​
c. more derp​
d. herp derp​
e. etc.​
2. Patterns
a. Bump mapping/texturization​
-part 2 (lets assume this is a big post)​
-part 3​
b. Rock texture​
c. Gradient Pattern​
d. Texture Glitching on weapons​
3. Stickers
a. Sticker limits​
b. Warping​
c.​
4. Special equipment items
a. Horns​
b. Ears.​
c. Turtle shell​
5. Special effects
a. Blood!​
b. Metal/armor ambient lighting tricks​
c. etc.​

If you are approaching the limits of the topic post, perhaps taking screenshots of each suggestion and posting links (named appropriately for the tips contained within the picture) in the first post? I'm not sure that the example I am about to post will be feasable with several tips being contained within the same posts, you may consider photoshopping many related ones together and add the avatar/username to the left of each person's related tips. This would also allow example pics to be included as well. It would look something like:

TOPIC:
Herndy sherndy derp a derp a derp hurr durr durp durr durr durp durp bork bork bork LE BELLO:

1. General Tips
b. derp​
c. more derp​
d. herp derp​
e. etc.​
2. Patterns
a. Bump mapping/texturization​
-part 2 (lets assume this is a big post)​
-part 3​
b. Rock texture​
c. Gradient Pattern​
d. Texture Glitching on weapons​
3. Stickers
a. Sticker limits​
b. Warping​
c.​
4. Special equipment items
a. Horns​
b. Ears.​
c. Turtle shell​
5. Special effects
a. Blood!​
b. Metal/armor ambient lighting tricks​
c. etc.​

This is similar to what Le Bello was planning, though I fear I am misunderstanding your Photoshop idea, could you please pretend Le Bello is an idiot and clarify?

Though Le Bello lacks photoshop anyway.

For the contributors, Le Bello was thinking instead of merely writing their names, actually having their names in quote form, so people may click the name to be taken to their first post. If this works for all?

I also lack photoshop (just downloaded GIMP, it's like a free photoshop, haven't tried it yet), but where's what I whipped up in MS Paint:

Example 1 (single user's post)
Example 2 (putting together multiple suggestions related to a single subject, in this example, the zipper)

I think example 1 would be the easiest. Just screencap each post, then link to the picture with a little description of what the tips are about. If there are multiple small posts, you could even put them together like example 2 and again, write a description of what the collection of tricks is about (even if they are all different). Example:

Tips by Forgon:
Tips on patterns, textures, fur, bat wing scythe arms, lipstick, Viola's orb, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.​
Tips by UnseenWombat, LordDraco3, Joe Schmoe, Hurr Durr:
Tips on using the zipper as fishnets, distorting the zipper, how to fix a distorted zipper, and general sticker distortion​

I also lack photoshop (just downloaded GIMP, it's like a free photoshop, haven't tried it yet), but where's what I whipped up in MS Paint:

Example 1 (single user's post)
Example 2 (putting together multiple suggestions related to a single subject, in this example, the zipper)

Paint seems to do the job more than admirably. I think for the time being I'll try keep it text based. Both for my own ease and to appeal to those with less bandwidth, and those who're using mobile forms of web browsing.

Once the basic structure is in place though, I'll certainly revisit the image idea. It's neat and easy, so thanks for the idea and examples, it's greatly appreciated!

Le Bello realises he hasn't said Le Bello this entire post.

First draft of the new 'categorized' format is up. Not that many categories because there's currently not a lot of diversity among parts, so I've generalised a lot.

Later on I'll be adding minor tweaks, such as giving the titles more impact, and maybe centring things, Le Bello doesn't know yet.

Before all that, Le Bello would LOVE to fix the spoiler-tag issue. But Le Bello cannot figure it out.

May I, Forgon, do declare the hand of the fabulous and dazzling magnificence, Le Bello, in thy act of holy and/or unholy matrimony (I can go either way really)?

This thread is so perfect, it is like the baby I always wanted... to manipulate.

Only one reference to make in a time like this...

I am Lord Forgon and this is my favorite thread on the Citadel!

--Forgon

P.S. My phone thanks you.

May I, Forgon, do declare the hand of the fabulous and dazzling magnificence, Le Bello, in thy act of holy and/or unholy matrimony (I can go either way really)?

This thread is so perfect, it is like the baby I always wanted... to manipulate.

Only one reference to make in a time like this...

I am Lord Forgon and this is my favorite thread on the Citadel!

--Forgon

P.S. My phone thanks you.

Done! Le Bello is more than happy, and also hopes your reference massively effects the thread into becoming stickied.

Knowledge wants to be free.

Also, could it really be any worse than what they already make with the cylinder and spheres?

Or the heart and raccoon tail... =|:}/

So, everyone liking the new format? Anyone got any more tips? Le Bello knows Forgon has an especially interesting use for the heart in one of his more useful CaS that Le Bello is practically dying to give more attention to.

And so I will mention it.

-The heart special equipment can be edited and used as a revealed brain from the top of the head (Hair must be removed) when combined with pattern Ethnic 12.

-The sphere special equipment can be morphed into a smooth, round mask for a sci-fi helmet when combined with Battle Mask, muzzle (DLC only), and other similar items. Make it a dark color (ex: black) to create a dark glass dome helmet.

--Forgon

Knowledge wants to be free.

Also, could it really be any worse than what they already make with the cylinder and spheres?
Agreed! I wish I knew the "secret" as I've had use for flesh-coloring recently.
Besides, nude-colored undergarments aren't that interesting when we have items like DLC bikinis and Viola's garter belt. And X-Box modders can get actual nudity anyways.

And so I will mention it.

-The heart special equipment can be edited and used as a revealed brain from the top of the head (Hair must be removed) when combined with pattern Ethnic 12.

-The sphere special equipment can be morphed into a smooth, round mask for a sci-fi helmet when combined with Battle Mask, muzzle (DLC only), and other similar items. Make it a dark color (ex: black) to create a dark glass dome helmet.

--Forgon

Le Bello shall be away for quite some time now, and cannot edit this into the main post, as I'm in a rush.

Le Bello hopes that, upon his return, we'll have even more amazing tricks to trade! Tatty-bye!

I guess it may be a good tip to add, since I've seen questions related asked quite often:

-PS3 USERS: You can take screenshots of your creations while in creation mode. Just press the PS button, scroll over to photos, and there will be an option to "take screenshot." Then you can copy them to a flash drive**, edit them on your computer (the default screens are a large .png file), and upload them online at places such as photobucket, tinypic, imageshack, imgur, etc.

**(Be sure to tell it to "rename and save" and check the "apply to all" option when it tells you "there are multiple files with the same name")

It be the greatest tip of all in my opinion. Shall Forgon reveal some of his recent discoveries though as well?

-Sticker motif 104 can be resized and rotated to make an excellent splatter (dirt, blood, acid, etc) and particularly the top of the skull head above the eyes makes the strongest impression it is a splatter

-All horn special equipment can be twisted and curved around arms, legs and the body to create roots or twisted tentacles after adding the texture pattern (Ethnic 12) and recoloring it.

-Pattern Basic 14 on minimum size can also simulate the pattern on Ivy and Cervantes's 1p costumes. To have the same sheen, make the circles a moderate to darker color (such as Cervantes's 1p red color) then make the space in between the circles a brighter color (such as a lighter pink or purple) and it will appear to have a reflective sheen from a distance.

-When creating certain splatter or smears (such as blood smeared hands), don't use "Place by View" but "Place by Angle" to create the right effect. Move and angle the screen so when you place it, the object will stretch across the surface to appear normal at that angle, and will be skewed at other angles (ie, a bloody hand print appears to have grabbed then smeared down a cloth and the fingers may eventually fade out).

--Forgon

ALRIGHT, this is the thread I've been looking for. great tips everyone.

I find the possibilities for creating props with the square,circle,cylinder special equip endless. I made a great megaphone for the "mouth of the south" Jimmy Hart as well as a bong for tommy chong. give tommy pyrrah's style and he "hits" it in his intro.

Did your bong include the gourd? I can't imagine any other accessory for the main chamber without it looking more like a dick than a bong.

...Now I'm wanting to make a character with a bong dammit...Algol needs to chill, so I guess he could use one, right?

Did your bong include the gourd? I can't imagine any other accessory for the main chamber without it looking more like a dick than a bong.

...Now I'm wanting to make a character with a bong dammit...Algol needs to chill, so I guess he could use one, right?
the bong is just a sphere for the base, a cylinder for the shaft and a bolt for the stem/bowl

Eh, I'm thinking a gourd sounds like a better base for it. Then you could use a bolt and a cylinder.

Hmm...but come to think of it the only benefit of using a gourd instead of a sphere is it'd look less like a crotch. After seeing the spheres used for nothing but faux genitals, that's all I can imagine them being used as ;_;

Eh, I'm thinking a gourd sounds like a better base for it. Then you could use a bolt and a cylinder.

Hmm...but come to think of it the only benefit of using a gourd instead of a sphere is it'd look less like a crotch. After seeing the spheres used for nothing but faux genitals, that's all I can imagine them being used as ;_;

sphere's can also be used to create bug-eyes for matt groening characters like radio-active man, zap brannagin, ect. Also, sphere's are good for ridiculus hair like princess leia, peg bundy and divine.

Back