Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

In no way is she harder than Akira. Let's be clear on this, you can still mash out strings with P4. You can't do that with Akira.

EDIT: As an FYI, all P4 teleports from hits only work after the hit connects, not at the same time. Don't be fooled by the Combo Challenge's directions saying to press P+K at the moment of hit - you'll never get it.
pffffttt. dude. akira has maybe 2 just frames that are optional. phase4 revolves around that sht. and i have a much easier time going through akira's combo challenge than phase's. phase is a harder and with more execution than any other character imo.

The JFs aren't even really JFs. But yeah, her entire game revolves around stun launch combos through her Tenfu and Chifu stances. She doesn't have a very strong poke game and a lot of her strings are really sub-par. Don't play up close with her, stick to h+k range. She seems like she plays a lot like Kasumi's who use her stance heavily in their combos.

P4 has a ton of guaranteed damage, but it's pretty challenging to get it without being too readable. (33P and 33K combos are a little tougher to apply).

The JFs aren't even really JFs. But yeah, her entire game revolves around stun launch combos through her Tenfu and Chifu stances. She doesn't have a very strong poke game and a lot of her strings are really sub-par. Don't play up close with her, stick to h+k range. She seems like she plays a lot like Kasumi's who use her stance heavily in their combos.

P4 has a ton of guaranteed damage, but it's pretty challenging to get it without being too readable. (33P and 33K combos are a little tougher to apply).

Outside of damage output, she seems a lot worse than Kasumi so far in terms of neutral game, spacing and safety. Mix-ups will take some work too. Some of the JF's are loose and others are very tight like P6P. If you get big damage with Phase-4, you deserve it.

I like her even is she is throw punishable after (almost) everything.
So unsafe..but the satisfaction is pricless if you get ur opponnent once lol
DAMAGE!!!!!
Maybe some will think im stupid but she is def. High Tier...just wait up and see.

Last edited:
There's more to DOA5U than damage though. Setting up that damage is more important and Phase-4 more or less sucks at that. But when you get that launch, shit is getting fucked up!

Right now, I don't think she'll be higher than mid IMHO unless she gains the ability to teleport even on block.

Right now(for some folks)...but believe, just spend a lil bit time with her and you know what i mean.
People tend easily to say that something is bad,broken etc...instead to put some efforts for themselfs into such things.
Always waiting that someone shows up to show how things work is just wrong...remember at first that everyone was complaining about Helena how "unsafe" she was etc...and Calibladez showed up.(Some example)
...im not gonna go further into detail..im sure TN had some ideas behind her..so im gonna spend a lil bit more time with Phour.

Possibly. But as of so far, her neutral game seems to be ass and she seems to have to take more risks than most.

LMAO at the people that complained about Helena. They just were complaining because Helena wasn't god tier like she was in DOA4.

pffffttt. dude. akira has maybe 2 just frames that are optional. phase4 revolves around that sht. and i have a much easier time going through akira's combo challenge than phase's. phase is a harder and with more execution than any other character imo.

Phase 4's execution is not difficult at all lol. She does not exceed Akira's difficulty, not in the slightest. And she doesn't have any just frames, at all.

@thread: I'll be hosting a Team BEST lobby on XBL around 5PM, will probably stream it as well. If you want to join to play or spectate, send me a message on XBL.

Gamertag: II Hajin II

Last edited:
funny. cause i didnt see that many P4's and the ones i did stumble across i owned. she's just hella unsafe.

Well in my case, the P4's I fight are playing pretty stupidly unsafe too, but thanks to the magic of the internet, I can't exactly punish them. For example, many P4's I encounter tend to poke with 6P and don't realize that its -7 and -9 on hit and block respectively. So I attempt to punish any follow-ups with a P, or 6P, only to find myself eating a counter hit from the P4 player mashing P. Trying to hold the follow-ups doesn't lead to much success, either.

Anyway, I'm still on my losing streak. I'm up to 90 games, I think, without a win. These are just online games, FYI. I don't know how many offline games I've lost.

Phase 4's execution is not difficult at all lol. She does not exceed Akira's difficulty, not in the slightest. And she doesn't have any just frames, at all.

@thread: I'll be hosting a Team BEST lobby on XBL around 5PM, will probably stream it as well. If you want to join to play or spectate, send me a message on XBL.

Gamertag: II Hajin II
well, that was only day 1 experience. and like i said, by soul calibur standards the time is a just frame since you only have a 2 frame window to press P+K. but i found out that you CAN mash it out at least until you get the timing down. and i already named the moves that i struggled with. and opinions on who is more difficult is still an opinion. she may seem easier than akira to you but i don't share that same opinion. this goes for most characters. not everyone shares the same experiences. this is where phrases like "imo" come in.
Well in my case, the P4's I fight are playing pretty stupidly unsafe too, but thanks to the magic of the internet, I can't exactly punish them. For example, many P4's I encounter tend to poke with 6P and don't realize that its -7 and -9 on hit and block respectively. So I attempt to punish any follow-ups with a P, or 6P, only to find myself eating a counter hit from the P4 player mashing P. Trying to hold the follow-ups doesn't lead to much success, either.
yeah i get you with the struggle of punishing stuff online. it's annoying to do. and makes people that poke almost impossible to shut down.

Back