Demons souls

Great game.

Ugly as sin.

The blind witch had quite a lovely voice.

After getting murdered multiple times I no longer cared for the world invasion system. Game's hard enough without having some Red asshole with a tornado for a head murder you while you're tackling a boss or wait along a ledge to blast you off with a spell.

Very atmospheric and unforgivingly hard before you understand what's going on.

Weapons were not that balanced. Some awesome weapons in some categories. (blueblood sword, Northern regalia) then you had shit weapons in other categories (phalanx spear, hands of god) problem was stat scaling. Balance things out next time, guys.

Didn't like how dying in corporeal form shifted world alignment.

Hated the plague valley level. Too dark to see anything, the large plague bearers were cheap, you were constantly poisoned, the environment was cluttered, you had to walk very slowly through it because you couldn't run in the muck, and the long fall instant death segment also blew. Everything about that set of levels I absolutely hated, gameplay mechanic wise. It had some interesting lore, Selend Vinland and Garl Vinland were interesting characters, as was the "boss" whom you didn't even have to fight.

Could have stood some better character interaction.

I loved the game, the battle system was alright and getting invaded did suck but its all apart of the game and once you figure out how everyone plays it gets slightly easier. The boss battles followed the same strategy each run through so once you figured out what to do it also got pretty easy... except for maneater that boss can go to hell. Seriously though man eater was the only boss that gave me problems no matter what I did.

Also the swamp stages where the hardest stages because of the poison and the fact that enemies weren't slowed down in the muck. Oh and playing it with completely dark world tendency was broken as shit since the black phantoms were the bastards that are hard to kill on their own, and with them being buffed and fast as hell it wasn't even fair.

Lol used to play this game religously (would probably say its one of my favourite games of all time) I'm just waiting for Dark souls now. Btw just wondering did anybody here get into the pvp aspect of it? Thats pretty much the funnest part of the game after you've done all there is to do with the story mode. Also a lot more depth to it then you'd expect, hope theres still a few good stages (like 4-1) in Dark souls for pvp, I was hoping for just a pvp only mode but I know that won't happen lol.

Back