Ivy Combos & Tech Traps discussion

on counter hit, closest range:
3B 1B BE 6B8 90 damage
3B 1B BE 6B8 BE 94/95 damage
Does it actually do more damage than just 3B 6B8 alone now? It used to do less.

So after a 1B+K it will catch if they tech left or right but not if they tech backwards or forwards? I can understand the baskwards not catching but the forwards not catching is just plain wierd.
I know. My spacing/timing may be off, but I couldn't get it to work.

Okay, this is SO WEIRD! I got 44A6 2B+K 2B+K to all be a guaranteed combo. You did the 2B+K animation before your 44A6 animation was done and when you poked them, they stunned, allowing another poke.

I got it to work a few times, but I can't get it again! I don't know what I did, but it was cool. It did over 100 damage.

Okay, this is SO WEIRD! I got 44A6 2B+K 2B+K to all be a guaranteed combo. You did the 2B+K animation before your 44A6 animation was done and when you poked them, they stunned, allowing another poke.

I got it to work a few times, but I can't get it again! I don't know what I did, but it was cool. It did over 100 damage.

You wouldn't happen to have a video of it would you? And they couldn't tech out of it? If this turns out to be a combo that would be amazing, since 44A6 is one of my favorite backdash whiff punishers.

It only works when 44A6 catches a back turned opponent.

You wouldn't happen to have a video of it would you? And they couldn't tech out of it? If this turns out to be a combo that would be amazing, since 44A6 is one of my favorite backdash whiff punishers.
I couldn't record it, it stopped working when I set it up. They can't tech out of 44A6 and it hit them before either of you would have recovered otherwise.
It only works when 44A6 catches a back turned opponent.
Does it work every time it catches them back turned? It was an amazing combo.

Edit: Okay, yeah, so 44A6 (against a BT opponent) BT 2B+K BT 2B+K. 101 damage.
You can also do any other BT move except B+K or turn around and do (B). I couldn't get much else to work.

are there any good followups to 1K?
Or is this a tech-trap only move?
I can't help feeling I'm using it wrong when all I do is try to CS/3B after it.

are there any good followups to 1K?
Or is this a tech-trap only move?
I can't help feeling I'm using it wrong when all I do is try to CS/3B after it.
214B and 7_8_9B all combo after it. At max sweep range it is best to use 9B since the second hit of 214B will miss.

After the patch bK does 10dmg more on grounded opponent so:

22_88K, RCC bK does 46 dmg. It's really close in damage to SC4's sweep combo but also pretty difficult to do.

Hi guiz I usually just lurk the forums but I’m posting because I found some cool stuff with ivy. Idk if this has already been posted or not but here it goes:

Technically I guess this is an Ukemi Trap. After a fully charged rage kick 3k if you input 6kB right after it catches all Ukemi’s except the left.

Thought this should be put out there. You can get a guaranteed bk after a fully charged 3k but if your opponent tends to ukemi a lot i say let them Ukemi and catch them with the 6kb. The damage is decent on it too.

Found a Pyrrah punishment not listed in the punishment thread. It may be something known but i haven't seen it mentioned here in the forums thus far. Against Pyrrah's 1AA , you can JG the last hit and get the 6B8 air throw if you time it right. The timing is similar to : FC1B ~G 6B8 (I think I annotated that right). Its a bit more damage than the other meterless options listed on the charts and still allows for 6B8K if you happen to do the input too slow. Not insanely hard to time the JG either, although I admit I haven't taken it out of training yet. It also makes 6B+K free as well but not much of a damage increase, could serve as a CS setup , mixup , etc.
These are the damage values :

Vs Pyrrah 1AA
6B8K - 40 dmg
JG, 6B+K - 48 dmg
JG:6B8 - 64 dmg (73 Clean Hit)
JG:6B8 BE -79 dmg (91 dmg Clean Hit)
CE - 100 dmg

The damage increase is well worth it once everyone gets more comfortable with JG-ing .. It also leaves them on the ground at your feet for Oki as well.

Anyways, give it a test . I definitely think its something worth adding to Ivy's tactics.
Edit: Works vs Omega as well

Thanks! I will need to update the pre-patch punishment lists, especially given that CE is fast now and can punish -17~18 moves.

Can you JG a move after blocking a previous one? I can't remember where (I think it was one of those tips that pops up along the bottom of the Astral Home) but I read something that you can't JG if you have guarded within the last few frames or something.

Can you JG a move after blocking a previous one? I can't remember where (I think it was one of those tips that pops up along the bottom of the Astral Home) but I read something that you can't JG if you have guarded within the last few frames or something.
You can JG everything, however, in some cases it's extremely hard (like, you can JG any AA or BB in the game after blocking the first hit)

It seems 1B BE is +16 on hit.

1B BE, 66K is a combo. The kick can wallsplat and RO to Ivy's left.

I'm having lots of trouble getting this to wallsplat... Maybe it's character specific? I haven't got it to work on Pyhhra or Ivy, but that's all I've tried so far.

I'm having lots of trouble getting this to wallsplat... Maybe it's character specific? I haven't got it to work on Pyhhra or Ivy, but that's all I've tried so far.
Yes, unfortunately the wallsplat rarely works. It needs a specific position/angle, not really useful. Also, 66K will whiff if 1B BE hits from the side or back, nothing new really when it comes to 1B BE ...

On another note, 7_8B+K combos into 6[A] in SC4 style. It does less damage than 6B8/6B8 BE but looks flashy.

Back