Ivy Combos & Tech Traps discussion

Have you tried 6B+K? It would have farther reach, if range is the issue.. and I think 2B+K might be miss. Granted, I only tried it against Nightmare, I think, so I don't know if 3B+K is character specific.

Do you mean the 6[B+K] cuz either way it is still wiffing, it's like they crumple before it can hit them. When the game first came out I used it alot and it did fine but for some reason I can't get it to connect lately.

Guys, was 8A+B(B) air controllable before the patch? Looks like you can AC to the left in combos =(

CH 3[A] 8A+B(B) is 47 dmg.

Is it just 8A+B,[ B ] or does 8A+B,B get ACd as well? I always thought that the animations from the 8A+B part looked as though they couldn't be controlled so maybe it is just the multiple hits of the [ B ] that are ACable. Still sucks either way though, makes the A+B,[ B ] just about completely useless if this is true.

Guys, was 8A+B(B) air controllable before the patch? Looks like you can AC to the left in combos =(

CH 3[A] 8A+B(B) is 47 dmg.

Yep, usually after the first hit of the (B). I generally only use 8A+B,B unless I'm really trying for a RO or testing knowledge.

So since Ivy's CE is now faster does that mess up the timing on landing it as a tech trap thing that we used to be able to do? I remember after a CH 1B+K, B+K it caught any techers if you input it as soon as possible but I'm thinking that now that it is faster this won't work after the same moves anymore. Anyone find any new moves that you can do the CE as a tech trap after?

1B+K CE = 130 damage. Left/Right.
CH 4K CE = 126 damage. Left.
1A+B CE = 120 damage. Front/left/back.
CH 3(A) CE = 116 damage. Front/left/back.
44B CE = 128 damage. All.
3(K) CE = 132 damage. Front/Left/Right.

I probably suck at timing.

It's not like a throw. A throw chains if you do it right up until they're able to guard again, and it seems like even a little after. The CE only chains if you enter her animation RIGHT as the opponent Ukemis.

thanks... then i have to learn how to do it with my sucky ISP... cuz just pluggin my broadband rj45 will never work =(
That all sounded like psycho babble to me, but good luck!

On topic: Is there a list of characters that NH 3B 6B8 connects on? I know it connects on Nightmare, but..

That all sounded like psycho babble to me, but good luck!

On topic: Is there a list of characters that NH 3B 6B8 connects on? I know it connects on Nightmare, but..

I thought nightmare was the only one.

However post-patch I got it to work on Cerv too. :S

It seems 1B BE is +16 on hit.

1B BE, 66K is a combo. The kick can wallsplat and RO to Ivy's left.

Ring...

after 1B BE on hit you can also combo into 2A/2K/3K/K(please check on human opponents for K , i haven't had the chance to test on human opponent yet) and of course B or B,B,. Aside from the B or B,B i don't know if those i mentioned have already been mentioned yet...also, it shows in practice that you can hit A,A for a combo as well? please double check on the A,A(and K) combo as i haven't been able to test on a human opponent yet... I'm trying to be a bit more active in the SA threads and this is my first(and hopefully not my last) Ivy SA contribution...hello everyone :)

...once again, not sure if this has been covered, so my apologies if what i mentioned has been covered already.

Ring...

after 1B BE on hit you can also combo into 2A/2K/3K/K(please check on human opponents for K , i haven't had the chance to test on human opponent yet) and of course B or B,B,. Aside from the B or B,B i don't know if those i mentioned have already been mentioned yet...also, it shows in practice that you can hit A,A for a combo as well? please double check on the A,A(and K) combo as i haven't been able to test on a human opponent yet... I'm trying to be a bit more active in the SA threads and this is my first(and hopefully not my last) Ivy SA contribution...hello everyone :)

...once again, not sure if this has been covered, so my apologies if what i mentioned has been covered already.
Hi, and welcome =)

Yeah all moves that are i16 or slower will connect as a combo. But we are mostly interested in the strongest combo options. 1B BE into 6KB always seem to be the best option (close to 70 dmg) unless you go for a RO or wall plat in which case 66K is better.

If 1B BE had only one frame more advantage on hit we could connect many other moves, like 66B BE into air throw for about 100 dmg. Shame!

^...Quite understood and I agree that those are no doubt her 2 best follow ups for guaranteed damage and wall juice...however, in the open parts of stages, if some +on hit advantage is in order(outside of 2k, not sure if this is advantage on hit, mostly just safe on CH) she can condition for CS(perfect range) through the attacks i mentioned in previous post, forcing them to duck or break the throw and still take throw break damage...even if they break it she is still at advantage i believe. So this opens up things like 3B, 66B, 3A and 3(A), (and BE version of 66B) for more damage(if not going for full combo damage) and a decent amount of other things, keeping the pressure on or possibly force a mistake and punish accordingly)... and maybe some things that can help regain some of the used meter on 1B BE. All this assuming she gets 1B BE to hit, and these things also help her be less predictable.

Any +adv or frame traps we can score(outside of best guaranteed damage) is a def must for her from where ever she can get it from, less openings for opponents vs our beloved Isabella= are you satisfied?

I still agree that 6K, B and 66K are the best for guaranteed damage and wall juice.

I think 2A is good because it's +8. But I usually go for 6KB, it's not worth spending 50% only to get 25dmg + frame advantage in my opinion. Also 6KB knocks down and Ivy's wakeup game usually leads to guaranteed guard damage or bK if they roll.

1B+K CE = 130 damage. Left/Right.
CH 4K CE = 126 damage. Left.
1A+B CE = 120 damage. Front/left/back.
CH 3(A) CE = 116 damage. Front/left/back.
44B CE = 128 damage. All.
3(K) CE = 132 damage. Front/Left/Right.

Does that mean it is escapable from those directions or only connects when they go that direction?

Back