Lost Swords

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201410150004/
12.jpg
[/QUOTE]

tumblr_n8iy38xy1X1qh59n0o4_250.png

That's ridiculous - roughly 1/4 the cost of a PS4 console (unless you live in Argentina)....

DOA5U's 2014 Halloween all-character costume bundle seems more of a bargain than that... Heck a combination of any of their costume DLC packs are a better deal. You could buy one of their limited edition 3D booby mouse pads for less with that kind money even marked up after-market than spend $90-$100 for a single digital character... I think they're going too far with this.

$90? Are you fucking serious right now?

Boo hoo, the missions for unlocking my character have an element of random chance, why can't they just give us a way to guarantee unlocking them?

Boo hoo I can't be bothered to put the effort in to play a couple of times a day to get my character, why can't we just buy them instead?

BOO HOO THEY'RE MAKING US BUY OUR CHARACTERS

If they just gave you the characters, then they wouldn't be able to fish money out of people.

I'm crazy but even I'm not crazy (i.e. stupid) enough to spend $90 for one character 3 S-tier items and some garbage. Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

Namco did a better job with TR,imo,6 dollars to unlock characters
But doa,or team ninja,is giving them at 4 dollars per character
Namco can't handle the f2p model.
Besides i've heard that namco is known for overpriced dlc,now i know why.

90 bucks for a character?? I can buy 3 games that arent garbage with that money. I'm so glad I stopped after a day of playing this crap. Yet I still check everyday on facebook and here hoping that Namco will actually give the loyal fans what they deserve. I feel like I'm wasting my time..

R.I.P. Soul Calibur. They should've stopped at SCIV, so fans wouldn't be as upset that you turned out to be worse than our nightmares with SCV and SCLS. :( I am sad...

Last edited:
screw this. I don't care if scVI doesnt come out or whatever, but i'm not going to be ok with these kind of practices from BN. it's just Horse crap. BN is not going to see a dime from me anymore.

Boo hoo, the missions for unlocking my character have an element of random chance, why can't they just give us a way to guarantee unlocking them?

Boo hoo I can't be bothered to put the effort in to play a couple of times a day to get my character, why can't we just buy them instead?

BOO HOO THEY'RE MAKING US BUY OUR CHARACTERS
Don't have much of a problem with characters being unlocked by random chance. You're just really unlucky if it takes you 50+ tries more to unlock but that's what happens when one is dealing with RNG. You can get your character key in one try if you're lucky.

What most ppl are complaining about is the ridiculous grind level and difficulty to get Amy. Ain't nobody got time to get ten million edge shards. The game isn't even fun in the first place. All you're doing is mashing buttons on end for hours for those shards and you have to deal with crazy idiots buying potions and getting great weapons ranking higher than you. 99% of the population would pick the old method of random chance.

Why the hell would anyone spend 100+ dollars on a virtual character in this lame game when you can spend it buying real games, food, clothes and etc? BOOHOO, Bamco can eat their lame marketing strategy cuz this is gonna kill hopes for many players who were wanting their characters back and they're gonna quit.

Point blank, this game is being sold on pure NOSTALGIA. Ppl only play this piece of shizz game cuz they miss their old mains. If their mains are gonna cost 100+ dollars, they're not gonna play.

This is the most pathetic, idiotic and blantest way to try and milk money from players. And only morons or rich kids who have their parents wallets will buy it up.

Don't have much of a problem with characters being unlocked by random chance. You're just really unlucky if it takes you 50+ tries more to unlock but that's what happens when one is dealing with RNG. You can get your character key in one try if you're lucky.

What most ppl are complaining about is the ridiculous grind level and difficulty to get Amy. Ain't nobody got time to get ten million edge shards. The game isn't even fun in the first place. All you're doing is mashing buttons on end for hours for those shards and you have to deal with crazy idiots buying potions and getting great weapons ranking higher than you. 99% of the population would pick the old method of random chance.

Why the hell would anyone spend 100+ dollars on a virtual character in this lame game when you can spend it buying real games, food, clothes and etc? BOOHOO, Bamco can eat their lame marketing strategy cuz this is gonna kill hopes for many players who were wanting their characters back and they're gonna quit.

Point blank, this game is being sold on pure NOSTALGIA. Ppl only play this piece of shizz game cuz they miss their old mains. If their mains are gonna cost 100+ dollars, they're not gonna play.

This is the most pathetic, idiotic and blantest way to try and milk money from players. And only morons or rich kids who have their parents wallets will buy it up.

This is why I fear for the future of Soul Calibur...

If Hoshino fucks up SCVI, I'm taking drastic measures...

For a business minded company,namco is making horribly bad decisions,they might as well just sell out to other companies,because others are handling the f2p model way better than namco is,and namco needs to realise that or they'll be leaving the industry soon.Tekken 7 and a possible SCVI may be their only chances at redemption,if they f**k-up,they're done.

BTW,I noticed that Raph's,Pyrrah's and Hilde's unlock quests are back,so
Tried MuffinMan123's tip,and it worked,kinda,i had to play at different difficulties tho,got raphael,yeah.
I'm not going to try pyrrah's,its too hard,and hilde doesn't really appeal to me so,i may or may not try it.
Does anybody know for how long these will be there? Or whose next?

pyrrha's and hilde's missions are the easiest ones ever because they were the earliest batch characters released, their minions are still using the lowest level AI before.

I was able to beat hilde's mission on very hard while I couldn't even beat raphael's mission on hard back then.

just find yourself an A rank wind weapon and you will blow through pyrrha's mission in no time.

Back