Lost Swords

Im not doing the event so im not really sure if you get any other A+ weapons, but..

1. Pressing A+B will only break A throws.

2. The difficulty plays a part in what drakes you encounter. To me, it feels like the chances of getting a king or anything that is not a small increases.

3. That'd be pretty unfair if they did so, I'd say that their chances have went back to normal. Can't 100% say this because I've already unlocked them.

5. No.
Thanks,well about throw breaking,is there any visual cues as to whether we have to press A or B to break,they all seem to be reaching out with the right hand.
And I've played the very hard silver drake quest about 6 times and only once encountered the king drake.Seems that its better to do angel's depot considering the XP/AP ratio for the base value of exp we get from each silver drake quest.
And i did ivy and astaroth's quests several times,with the randomiser reset each time and didn't get the keys,maybe its just my luck,but it didn't take that many tries for the other character quests.
4. LS does have shakable stuns, just not many. Taki 3A and Pyra final hit of BBB are shakable, but the +frame even if you shake is pretty high so chances are you can get comboed, but more restricted to faster follow ups.
thanks for that,i was hoping that the astaroth move where he thrusts the axe head at you had an escapable stun.

so where do you place now?
Im 363, I have 486 000 points and the event ends in less than 6 hours. I have 75 potions left and in this event ive probably used more than 40 potions. Btw all top 100 seems to be over 1 million, wow

And idk, with Siegfried, 66B is my god (then 3B, 66KB, 6A, b6, maybe iagA, 1AA, 1B, backthrow-lowthrow and weapon art), but yea the AI seems pretty stupid so I dont have a problem with him, even tho he seems not to be able to punish stuff he should be, or I do something wrong. But I admit, Raphael can cause me some problems

You also get Sieg's A+ weapon in 44100 shards I think. You get Minas too if you gather more

1. A+B breaks A, but in SCLS Ive broken throws with G twice. Idk how or why but it worked
2. Drakes are spawning randomly.
Small and medium in normal---small, medium or large in hard --- and medium, large or king in very hard. TBH from what Ive seen, only the very hard mode is cool and that is if you get a king. Otherwise you could just play Fuma level and get same exp. So yea, waste of AP
3. No. Actually, they had brought all characters' quests back (that lasted a day) and imo the drop rate was quite better. I got Cervantes on first try in easy and Ivy, NM and Taki in another acc in easy in very few tries
4. In SCLS I tap forward. In SCV I dont remember
5. Nop :)

For character unlock always play very hard. My record was something like 10 tries on hard and still no key. I haven't actually miss a unlock key when I'm on very hard. Burn continue ticket if you have to, find a pay ally (go to allies section and click details, will show you how much attack power ally has). I currently have a stock of 10 continue tickets and frankly they are more or less useless. The only place you may need them is in scramble, and guess what Namco knows it too and won't let you use them. Master quests are a joke and worthless even if you do them, drakes are easy just watch out for king drake and step properly. There is practically no other place where you would use a continue ticket so might as well spend them on character unlock.

Oh certain equipment / gem have a chance to auto break grapple, that is probably what happened. If it is the fastest break, chances are it was done from an item/skill. I also don't think super throws can be broken in LS, had this AI spamming ivy super throw on me, was mashing B and still couldn't break (her normal command throw is A)

So, its finally over!
I placed 419 and I got the sword. It's light / darkness, it starts from 264 dmg, has two skill slots and its weapon art is Ashen Blitz with absolute counter. I didnt really want that weapon art, as im very used to my guard break, but all in all its great ^^

I placed 419 and I got the sword. It's light / darkness, it starts from 264 dmg, has two skill slots and its weapon art is Ashen Blitz with absolute counter. I didnt really want that weapon art, as im very used to my guard break, but all in all its great ^^

Those mechanical weapons better be in Soulcalibur VI.. I love the design.

Do you guys ever think that they are going to do something on the lines like a weapon/equipment revival? What I mean is that, at Christmas or something they put past weapons/equipment and soul edge fragment prizes in a 6x or/and 12x premium chests for us to spend our disposable income on it.

Phantasy Star Online 2 does this alot, so practically nobody misses out on content!

This will also be great for people to awaken their soul edge fragment prizes, so win win.

You also get Sieg's A+ weapon in 44100 shards I think. You get Minas too if you gather more
Oh man,i gave up after getting to 24.7k shards for the mitsurugi weapon,spamming normal difficulty was getting really boring.And you dropped from 363 to 419 in 6 hours,man the competition is huge,I suppose the next scramble will be around mid to late november,might be inconvenient because i have SATs coming up.

About the character unlock quests.I got pyrrah and hilde on the first try in the easiest difficulty.Raph and Nightmare on the first try in the hard difficulty.Taki after 2 tres of each normal and hard.While cervantes after 3 tries of each normal and hard.I didn't get ivy and astraoth even after 6 tries of each normal and hard.

The sword of fuma chapter 4 gives 9530 xp and we spend 10 AP on it,so xp/ap ratio is 953 xp/ap
The easier quest,Angel's depot chapter 2 gives 7770 xp and we spend 11 ap,so xp/ap ratio is about 706.4 xp/ap.
Sword of fuma however gives no rank A craft stones like angel's depot,so only head to fuma once your rank a+ weapon is max level

When it comes to xp farming silver drake normal difficulty is never worth the ap spent.
Anyway the hard difficulty silver drake quest gives a base value of 15k xp of you face 4 small drakes and the large drake.Which is worth about 600 xp/ap spent.
If you face 2 medium drakes instead of the small,then it becomes 720 xp/ap,which is better than Angel's depot.
If you face 1 large drake and 1 medium drake instead of 2 small one the ratio stands at 960 xp/ap,making it better than Sword of fuma.

In the very hard difficulty we get a base value of 21k xp of you face 4 medium drakes and the large drake.Which is worth about 525 xp/ap spent.
If you face 2 large drakes instead of 2 mediums,the xp/ap ratio is 825 xp/ap,so better than Angel's depot.
If you face 3 large drakes instead of 3 medium drakes(which is about as likely as a cannonball bouncing off a tissue paper),then the xp/ap ratio is 975 xp/ap,which is better than sword of fuma.
However just facing one King drake(who imitates siegfried and spams BBB*~Chief B) instead of a medium drake,will make the xp/ap ratio 1575 xp/ap which is almost as good as Angel's depot and sword of fuma combined.

Last edited:
Ugh, gold is irrelevant in this game after a while, so I don't see a point to gold drakes. You can get a good amount of gold through just the crafting mission.

But anyways, the only character I need now is Patroklos and then I'll be done (excluding Amy and Seung Mina). Hopefully they [read: Amy] becomes available after this campaign.

Just fought the gold king drake today and HOLY SHIT,one move of his took off 75% of my health,either these guys do a tonne of damage or my stats are really low

Their damage out is really high; they always 22/88B though which just whiffs at close range lol. I was scared when I saw him do that much first run.

the kings have high health, but they are really easy to kill. Just pick a relatively fast lv 20 character with unawakened but fully upgraded A rank weapon and rush the shit out of astaroth style gold and bronze king. for siegfried silver king just wait for him to do BB(B) side step and punish him while he's doing chef hold B.

Am i seeing this right?
The login bonus for november 22 is an equipment expansion,if yes,hell yeah,its about time.
and once again,no rank s equipment for males,i mean there are an equal number of males in the game as females,whatever happened to "equal rights"?

Last edited:
So,i beat Ivy and astaroth's Very hard quests and i got them,YEAH.Astaroth cost me 2 continue tickets,while ivy cost me none.

But these are the only 2 characters that i've had to play on v.hard difficulty to unlock,so my earlier theory was right,i think,they did reduce the % chance of an unlock for the normal and hard quests.

So,i beat Ivy and astaroth's Very hard quests and i got them,YEAH.Astaroth cost me 2 continue tickets,while ivy cost me none.

But these are the only 2 characters that i've had to play on v.hard difficulty to unlock,so my earlier theory was right,i think,they did reduce the % chance of an unlock for the normal and hard quests.

I wasted a good load of AP trying to get Pyrrha on Medium and Hard and never got her, same with attempting to get Cervantes and Taki.
It was only when I got Cervantes through V-Hard by using a Weak A+ i got for reaching lv 20, I was able to use my paid weapon I got for Cervantes which helped me to unlock all the other characters I have by doing their V-Hard missions when they pop up.

I just done Pyrrha's V-Hard mission a few days ago, which took a long time to complete compared to Raph and Hilde which I both unlocked on my 1st hard attempt.

I just think it was your luck imo because mine has been pretty bad for a long while until recently.
It has been.. slightly better.

Last edited:
I wasted a good load of AP trying to get Pyrrha on Medium and Hard and never got her, same with attempting to get Cervantes and Taki.
It was only when I got Cervantes through V-Hard by using a Weak A+ i got for reaching lv 20, I was able to use my paid weapon I got for Cervantes which helped me to unlock all the other characters I have by doing their V-Hard missions when they pop up.

I just done Pyrrha's V-Hard mission a few days ago, which took a long time to complete compared to Raph and Hilde which I both unlocked on my 1st hard attempt.

I just think it was your luck imo because mine has been pretty bad for a long while until recently.
It has been.. slightly better.
Well,I guess it is about luck.In my secondary account all the characters i've unlocked were through the v.hard difficulty.
While in my primary account,some characters got unlocked even in normal.

Back