Lost Swords

Do you guys have an idea of who might be announced next?
I'm guessing this character:
03207_0012cr2a.jpg

Or this:
03206_001riq24.jpg

Or maybe this character:
03205_001qgpfj.jpg

Seriously Sectus, it's so cool you're a fan of both Resident Evil and Soul Calibur, I always learn something interesting with you :)

So they're basically the 3 characters that are left. Perhaps an update will add more slots in the character select grid, I thought Kilik and Xianghua were going to be in as well.

Nice update on the game BTW! Got myself that A+ weapon for Sophitia, it's so sweet they're rewarding characters leveling.

I can verify that either Maxi, Cassandra, Seong Mina will be next (unless there is another surprise). The recent update has all the models of these characters (and then some).

zwak9l.jpg

I haven't had the time to port over any of the particular equipment items yet. If I have time, I'll try to tackle that in the next week or so (that is, if Sectus doesn't get to it first, hehe - seeing that Cassandra ported over =D). But it's clearly evident, our (beloved) characters are now here.

Notice Amy's face with her proper "animation" from SC4 appearance. This is stark contrast from what I had shown in the previous attempts where I simply used Viola's facial animation instead. I won't go into the whole Amy vs Viola controversy, but its clear that the new model shows a more younger form of the character.

2j0gtxs.jpg

Previous "Amy" port using Viola's facial animation structure, shows a more mature looking character

I'm sure her facial animation was always in there in the previous releases but (out of laziness) never looked to see if it was there.

And of course, Maxi... but he was always in SC5, so not that big of deal I guess for most of you...

a57rsg.jpg

Look at these guns... Remember that.

Last edited:
I can verify that either Maxi, Cassandra, Seong Mina will be next (unless there is another surprise). The recent update has all the models of these characters (and then some).

zwak9l.jpg

I haven't had the time to port over any of the particular equipment items yet. If I have time, I'll try to tackle that in the next week or so (that is, if Sectus doesn't get to it first, hehe - seeing that Cassandra ported over =D). But it's clearly evident, our (beloved) characters are now here.

Notice Amy's face with her proper "animation" from SC4 appearance. This is stark contrast from what I had shown in the previous attempts where I simply used Viola's facial animation instead. I won't go into the whole Amy vs Viola controversy, but its clear that the new model shows a more younger form of the character.

2j0gtxs.jpg

Previous "Amy" port using Viola's facial animation structure, shows a more mature looking character

I'm sure her facial animation was always in there in the previous releases but (out of laziness) never looked to see if it was there.

And of course, Maxi... but he was always in SC5, so not that big of deal I guess for most of you...

a57rsg.jpg

Look at these guns... Remember that.
A few mini questions... Why is Mina's hair black? Shouldn't it be brown?
Cassandra's hair colour is a LOT blonder in your pictures than in Sectus' why?
I know you do this on a JTAG Xbox but is it possible at all on a Jailbroken PS3?

A few mini questions... Why is Mina's hair black? Shouldn't it be brown?
Cassandra's hair colour is a LOT blonder in your pictures than in Sectus' why?
I know you do this on a JTAG Xbox but is it possible at all on a Jailbroken PS3?
I assume skytoast manually defined the colours without checking a reference. The hair colour in my last screenshot is taken from LS, so it should be correct.

Many of these mods should be possible on a modded PS3, but I'm not sure how much trouble there would be to get them to work. I don't have a modded PS3 myself so I can't speak much on the subject.

Sectus is correct, I manually adjusted the hair color and it was just on the fly for demonstration purposes only. I could have colored the hair any color ... purple, pink, whatever. The point was simply to show you that the models are there and PS has you covered. As for SC4 Kilik, I think eventually he'll be made available too.

Also, I think performing these on PS3 would be easier (given the proper tools and method) than trying to port over to Xbox since SCLS is running natively on PS3. But I don't really see any useful purpose in porting any of these characters or equipment parts from SCLS to SC5 on either system other than for personal experimentation or just for fun. I mean, there really isn't any practical use for it in terms of gameplay since all the moves are not fully compatible (yes they work - but not as in fully fleshed out to be completely integrated back into SC5). So other than for showing off a few characters via CAS or taking screenshots or movies, no there really isn't advantage going through all this hassle. SCLS is an entirely different game - we'll just have to wait for a proper sequel (or a definitive super expansion to SC5 if they ever decide to be so generous).

In the meantime, enjoy the free-to-play title for now. After all, it is "free".

Cassandra from Lost Swords in SC5. A little buggy, and it proves skytoast's point above about this not working as something you can normally play around with as the moveset has some major bugs when used in SC5 (for instance, blocking didn't work ever). End of the video shows Amy's moveset which should be the same moveset being added to LS tomorrow.

Cassandra from Lost Swords in SC5. A little buggy, and it proves skytoast's point above about this not working as something you can normally play around with as the moveset has some major bugs when used in SC5 (for instance, blocking didn't work ever). End of the video shows Amy's moveset which should be the same moveset being added to LS tomorrow.
Very interesting!

Back